Windows 10: PC cannot see itself or other attached devices under network

Discus and support PC cannot see itself or other attached devices under network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all I have 2 pc with windows 10 pro build 1809 The unit can see itself or other devices under explores network. In both cased I have mapped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamBravin, Jul 8, 2019.

1. PC cannot see itself or other attached devices under network

Hello all

I have 2 pc with windows 10 pro build 1809

The unit can see itself or other devices under explores network.

In both cased I have mapped shared folder on my 2 NAS. In the task bar I can add the address of the attached devices and will show the shared folders in the right hand panel but again not under networks.

• DNS service, the 2 function discovery services, the SSDP and the UPNP services are started and automatic.
    • under windows feature SMBv1, client NSF and SMB direct are selected
    • in network adaptor wins setting bios over tcip is selected
    • network sharing is turned on for all network
    • al my pcs have WORKGROUP selected
    • They are all on the same network
    • They can see my vera control, my phone and my router under network
    • I have restarted my pcs and my router several times

I trolled the net for a solution and all i can find is the solution for ver 1803.

I do not know what to do else

Please advise

Thank you in advance for your assistance

:)

WilliamBravin, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Carnivore Win User

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Network will not show on the last device.

Hi James,

I suggest you to remove all the networks that are connected to your device and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection problems. If you recently upgraded to
    Windows 10, it's possible that the current driver was designed for a previous version of Windows. Check to see if an updated driver is available.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.

• In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the network adapter, and then select Update Driver Software >
      Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.

• After installing the updated driver, select the Start
      PC cannot see itself or other attached devices under network [​IMG]
      button >
      Power > Restart if asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there. If your PC can't connect to the Internet, you'll need to download a driver on a different PC and save
    it to a USB flash drive, so you can install the driver on your PC. You’ll need to know the PC manufacturer and model name or number.

Rely us with the status to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 8, 2019
  4. PC cannot see itself or other attached devices under network

Networking Issue Vista/XP

Sounds like a local (LAN) IP address conflict somewhere. Have you turned on DHCP on your router? Are all your computers DHCP clients (automatic IP address)?
    • When it's working check the IP address of each device.
    • When it's NOT working check the IP address of each device.
    • Are there any other devices on your network? Does your router have a network address database? Can you see ALL devices that are attached to the router? If so, list them and their IP addresses.
    Report back

lemonadesoda, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

PC cannot see itself or other attached devices under network

1. PC cannot see itself or other attached devices under network - Similar Threads - cannot itself attached

2. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.: I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see each other but not the one computer that can see itself. I tried the suggestion of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing...
  3. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.: I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see each other but not the one computer that can see itself. I tried the suggestion of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing...
  4. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot see other pc on home network

Cannot see other pc on home network: I have two computers connected to a home network. Both can get to the internet but both cannot see each other. Ping goes through between them. I got the following message while troublshooting: Website (XXXXXX) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. XXXXXX is...
  6. My pc cannot see itself in NETWORK in Explorer

My pc cannot see itself in NETWORK in Explorer: My pc cannot see itself in NETWORK in Explorer BUT other PCs on same network can see the all others including themselves. What is wrong with my PC? I have tried all of the usual things in Services ( 4 different ones ), Firewall on & off, etc. Any suggestions please. 168386
  7. Win 10 PC can't see itself under Network Folder

Win 10 PC can't see itself under Network Folder: I remote support family computers using TeamViewer. This problem has two computers PC-1 and PC-2 on a home LAN. Neither PC-1 or PC-2 see PC-1 under Network Folder. Both PCs see PC-2 under Network. I'm trying to get PC-1 to see itself under Network. Although neither computer...
  8. Cannot see other PC's on network.

Cannot see other PC's on network.: When my Windows 7 PC tried to look at a Windows 10 PC it could see it on the network but couldn't access files. I upgraded to W10. Now neither PC sees the other. Selecting Network on either PC shows only that PC on the network. How do I see the other PC and how do I access,...
  9. Cannot see other PC on home network

Cannot see other PC on home network: I have two computers running Win 10 and one running OSX 10.8. The one computer was an in place upgrade to Win10 (which I now regret). The upgraded computer, when running Win7, was seen by the other two computers. Since upgrading to Win10, it's disappeared. I've followed the...
  10. My devices cannot see each other under home network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My devices cannot see each other under home network: I use two devices (the laptop and MacBook Air) connected to my Home Wi-Fi. However these computers are not able to see each when connected through Wi-Fi...