Windows 10: Pc cannot start properly when connecting monitor

Discus and support Pc cannot start properly when connecting monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a new Acer ED320QR monitor but everytime i connect via hdmi, when the computer is running, to my Macbook pro 2012 with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShailPatel2, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Pc cannot start properly when connecting monitor

Hello, I recently bought a new Acer ED320QR monitor but everytime i connect via hdmi, when the computer is running, to my Macbook pro 2012 with a nvidia gt650m graphics card using bootcamp to load windows, my laptop freezes, my cursor dissapears, and the display flickers. When i restart the mac and boot into windows, i encounter black screens on both displays and the computer becomes dysfunctional. If i try to restart once again and boot into windows, i am faced with the blue screen telling me that “My PC couldnt start properly”. I must turn the monitor off and restart again to properly boot into windows. When i boot into mac, however, the monitor connects and displays perfectly fine. One thing i have tried that has worked is to load into windows without connecting the monitor, head to device manager and uninstall the graphics card driver under display adapters, plug in the monitor, restart the computer and boot into windows, and then it works fine after some flickering in the beginning. I have used Geforce experience to update my drivers to the latest version aswell. Does anyone have any work arounds or comments as to what may be causing this issue?

:)

ShailPatel2, Dec 2, 2020

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 2, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Pc cannot start properly when connecting monitor

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Pc cannot start properly when connecting monitor

1. Pc cannot start properly when connecting monitor - Similar Threads - cannot start properly

2. Cannot use laptop speakers when connected to monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use laptop speakers when connected to monitor: I connected my Samsung Galaxy Book to a monitor via HDMI and the sound on my laptop no longer works. When I go to Settings, no output devices are found, but the Realtek speakers periodically appear and disappear. In the Control Panel, I get the following error message: "This...
  3. Cannot use laptop speakers when connected to monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use laptop speakers when connected to monitor: I connected my Samsung Galaxy Book to a monitor via HDMI and the sound on my laptop no longer works. When I go to Settings, no output devices are found, but the Realtek speakers periodically appear and disappear. In the Control Panel, I get the following error message: "This...
  4. PC Starts with a Black Screen when connected to an HDMI External Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Starts with a Black Screen when connected to an HDMI External Monitor: Hi Guys,I've been facing this issue for a few days now and not getting a 100% relevant info on how to fix it.I recently got 2 HP AIO Systems i7/16MB/1TB/Win10 Pro with 2 HP Monitors. Each AIO system is connected with a monitor using HDMI and I am facing the same challenge...
  5. PC Starts with a Black Screen when connected to an HDMI External Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Starts with a Black Screen when connected to an HDMI External Monitor: Hi Guys,I've been facing this issue for a few days now and not getting a 100% relevant info on how to fix it.I recently got 2 HP AIO Systems i7/16MB/1TB/Win10 Pro with 2 HP Monitors. Each AIO system is connected with a monitor using HDMI and I am facing the same challenge...
  6. PC Starts with a Black Screen when connected to an HDMI External Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Computer cannot start properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer cannot start properly: Hello! I am having an issue with my computer and cannot fix it. On cold startup in the morning, the computer will log in like normal, but once logged in it doesn’t fully load windows. This can be like the task bar loading or apps not opening. I then restart the PC and log in...
  8. PC will not start up properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC will not start up properly.: Upgraded my PC to windows 10 3 more this ago and now my PC will not start up, or get past the automatic repair , your PC did not start properly. Tried resetting, could not reset. Tried the advanced options, could not get anywhere. What can I do?...
  9. fresh start update now cannot connect to external monitor

fresh start update now cannot connect to external monitor: fresh start update now cannot connect to external monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-start-update-now-cannot-connect-to-external/adc569fd-aba0-4648-ae02-77db4b15a6ce
  10. Cannot connect monitor to the laptop

Cannot connect monitor to the laptop: I have a monitor, which I try to connect to my HP laptop. Although my laptop sees the monitor, the software installed on the monitor cannot see the unit. It is an UGEE 1910b monitor and the company website didn’t offer me any assistance....