Windows 10: PC cannot use the maximum amount of RAM - what can I do to lessen the load?

Discus and support PC cannot use the maximum amount of RAM - what can I do to lessen the load? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I own a CyberPowerPC with Windows 10. I have start to notice a common problem: The PC never uses it's maximum amount of RAM, but will always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kn1000a, Sep 16, 2019.

1. kn1000a Win User

PC cannot use the maximum amount of RAM - what can I do to lessen the load?

Hello, I own a CyberPowerPC with Windows 10. I have start to notice a common problem: The PC never uses it's maximum amount of RAM, but will always crash at about 65% RAM usage.

No, I have not modify or remove/add any RAMs in this PC; it's the same RAM since I bought the PC years ago. Notice in the screenshot that it is at about 60% usage and said there's 3.2 GB available. Unfortunately, if I use just about 500MB more the PC will crash heavily (programs shuts off or restart, screen blacks out or blink, freezing, etc.).

PC cannot use the maximum amount of RAM - what can I do to lessen the load? 42a7d8c3-baed-4128-9cc4-6a24dbb2150f?upload=true.jpg

What do you think is the problem? In these days where browsers, games, literally everything takes up so much RAM to run, being gated on my usable RAM for unknown reasons makes it more painful. What should I check here to see why I cannot use the full amount of (or at least close to) the available RAM stated in Task Manager?

(Also, do you think there are any Services I should safely disable? Anything to lessen the load of my PC.)

:)

kn1000a, Sep 16, 2019
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Office And Light Gaming Build

There's nothing wrong with the build, but I have some suggestions to, IMHO, make it better:
    • You list a 550 watt PSU, but you have a 51 watt CPU and a GPU that pulls 120 watts at the max. In other words, your system will pull under 200 watts at maximum load, which it sounds like will be rarely. PSU's are most efficient between 50-80%, and even at max load, this system won't reach 50%. Suggest a PSU 400 watts or less, like the Seasonic G-360.
    • RAM's really cheap. Suggest getting 16 GB instead.

thebluebumblebee, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

1. PC cannot use the maximum amount of RAM - what can I do to lessen the load? - Similar Threads - cannot maximum amount

2. Large amount of ram being used nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large amount of ram being used nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  3. Amount of RAM that win10 os is using

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Amount of RAM that win10 os is using: why is my system is using so much amount of ram even I am not running any application? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amount-of-ram-that-win10-os-is-using/3bb151ae-70ba-4e2a-8c1a-fc5b3ba9b34b
  4. Weird amount of RAM being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird amount of RAM being used: Hey everyone, So i recently bought more RAM for my work pc. Just did a small upgrade from 4GB to 8GB. I've been using it for like a week now, and every single day i notice that Task Manager shows im using like 50% RAM, but i dont. In these screenshots you can see that Opera...
  5. dwm.exe using a massive amount of ram

dwm.exe using a massive amount of ram: [IMG] Just using Windows normally, then saw this process using a massive amount of ram. Previously it was just lower than 300mb at most times. Any help please? These are my specifications: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHzInstalled RAM: 20.0 GB...
  6. Microsoft Edge using an UNGODLY Amount of RAM

Microsoft Edge using an UNGODLY Amount of RAM: Edge uses upwards of 5gb ram with a few tabs open. It uses 2gb ram with only 1-2 tabs (like google searches), and still uses 1.5gb when closed (why does it do that?). Surely, microsoft doesn't expect me to close Edge through task manager or force quit every time? submitted...
  7. I cannot use the processor's maximum capacity.

I cannot use the processor's maximum capacity.: I have been researching this problem for a long time but I could not find an effective solution. My friend has a Dell Gaming series notebook with 7th gen. Intel i7 and GTX1050. In some games that put a load on the processor, there is excessive freezing and slowing down....
  8. Chromium using huge amounts of RAM

Chromium using huge amounts of RAM: I just noticed even having one tab open on chromium(dev version) has me using 0.5 GB ram. There are like 14 processes open. What's the deal here or am I mistaken? submitted by /u/Mamba28 [link] [comments]...
  9. PC cannot use the maximum amount of RAMs & what can I do to lessen the load?

PC cannot use the maximum amount of RAMs & what can I do to lessen the load?: Hello, I own a CyberPowerPC with Windows 10. I have start to notice a common problem: The PC never uses its maximum amount of RAMs, but will always crash at about 65% RAM usage. No, I have not modify or remove/add any RAMs in this PC; it's the same preinstalled RAMs since...
  10. Whats The Maximum Ram My System Can Run?

Whats The Maximum Ram My System Can Run?: My Specs are Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 64Bit base processor windows 10 Im Wondering if a 16gb ram Would be alright to run on my Pc...