Windows 10: PC can't connect to my Android phone

Discus and support PC can't connect to my Android phone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I set up my PC and Samsung Galaxy 9+ to sync texts and photos, using the Your Phone app. It was working until today and the error message I'm seeing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wirelessboy1968, Aug 26, 2019.

1. PC can't connect to my Android phone

I set up my PC and Samsung Galaxy 9+ to sync texts and photos, using the Your Phone app. It was working until today and the error message I'm seeing on my PC says "we can't connect to your phone."

I've uninstalled the reinstalled the Your Phone app a few times, cleared cache and data, and resigned in to my MS account, but still no success. When I try to finish the setup from my phone, I am on the "Check your PC" page where the App is checking one more thing on my PC before asking for final permission. The problem is the spinner keeps spinning and it never finishes the sync process. See attached image.

I am signed into my MS account on both PC and phone. Sharing permissions are set to "on" for photos, messages and notifications.

Any ideas about what I can do to fix this?

PC can't connect to my Android phone 58639f36-8733-4d21-8743-a10bf233757a?upload=true.jpg

:)

wirelessboy1968, Aug 26, 2019
  2. mel2000 Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my Android phone on Wi-Fi direct

I don't have a rooted phone but I can't get WiFi Direct to connect to my laptop.

• Moto G5S+ XT1806 Android 7.1 (unrooted)
    • Windows 10 HP-15 laptop

• phone: AdClear local VPN firewall/adblocker -> disabled/enabled -> no difference
    • PC: Devices & Printers -> add device -> xt1806 found but not connected (grayed-out)
    • Disconnected PC from home WiFi connection
    • Disconnected phone from home WiFi connection
    • Connected phone to its cellular data connection
    • phone: Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced -> WiFi Direct -> (searching) -> no PC found
    • Disconnected phone from its cellular data connection
    • Reconnected phone to home WiFi connection
    • phone: Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced -> WiFi Direct -> (searching) -> no PC found
    • disabled/enabled Win 10 firewall and tried again -> no difference
    • Windows Network Diagnostics found no issues.

Is my AT&T carrier preventing the connection from happening? Do I need a specific app to make the connection? Any help troubleshooting this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mel2000, Aug 26, 2019
  3. clayto Win User
    Cannot connect new Android phone with Windows Pc

Last night my new Android phone connected OK with my PC and I was able to send Text messages via WiFi. This morning the apps such as Your Phone and MiDrop are reporting that they are unable to connect, either way. The phone and PC are still linked but not connecting. I have tried the Troubleshooters. Everything seems to be set as it should be.

clayto, Aug 26, 2019
  4. PC can't connect to my Android phone

Troubleshooting Android 6 screencast to Windows 10

If the Connect app isn't working, try another one. Here is a site with a few suggestions; it also has app descriptions and step-by-step instructions for installation and use. The downloads are also linked on the site.

Suggested ways to cast Android to PC

FredSavage187, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

PC can't connect to my Android phone

1. PC can't connect to my Android phone - Similar Threads - can't connect Android

2. I can't connect my Android phone to my Windows 11 PC to transfer photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect my Android phone to my Windows 11 PC to transfer photos: When I go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sync-across-your-devices?r=1 and click on 1.Launch Phone Link, nothing happens. The PC doesn't open the link.I want to access photos on my Android phone from my PC....
  3. I can't connect my Android phone to my Windows 11 PC to transfer photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect my Android phone to my Windows 11 PC to transfer photos: When I go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sync-across-your-devices?r=1 and click on 1.Launch Phone Link, nothing happens. The PC doesn't open the link.I want to access photos on my Android phone from my PC....
  4. Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.: Recently, Phone Link on my laptop is requesting me to connect to my Android phone using a QR code or manually. Scanning the QR code gives a link to be copied, but that link is not valid. I cannot get pass that screen. On my Android phone, I have Link to Windows installed and...
  5. Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.

Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.: Recently, Phone Link on my laptop is requesting me to connect to my Android phone using a QR code or manually. Scanning the QR code gives a link to be copied, but that link is not valid. I cannot get pass that screen. On my Android phone, I have Link to Windows installed and...
  6. Connect PC/Android Phone AND Android Tablet ALSO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect PC/Android Phone AND Android Tablet ALSO: I am a MS 365 subscriber and utilize MS Office products on my OnePlus 7T android phone and on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 tablet. I have been using MightyText to send and receive SMS/MMS messages on my tablet AND via a Chrome extension on my PC. I have recently tried MS Your...
  7. Connect PC/Android Phone AND Android Tablet ALSO

Connect PC/Android Phone AND Android Tablet ALSO: I am a MS 365 subscriber and utilize MS Office products on my OnePlus 7T android phone and on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 tablet. I have been using MightyText to send and receive SMS/MMS messages on my tablet AND via a Chrome extension on my PC. I have recently tried MS Your...
  8. Can't connect Android smartphone to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect Android smartphone to PC: Dear support, I am running Windows 10 Pro N Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.746 on my PC. When I connect my smartphone Android 10, it does not show up in my Windows Explorer. In the Device Manager under "Other Devices" i can see that my MTP driver is not installed. I get the...
  9. Microsoft Connect App not connecting with my android phone.

Microsoft Connect App not connecting with my android phone.: When I open my connect app, It is opening correctly but when I connect it with my android phone, It is not connecting. Can anyone provide me a fix to fix this problem?...
  10. USB connection from Android phone to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB connection from Android phone to PC: I have two versions of windows 10, a 32 Bit and a 64 bit. When I connect my phone Moto E to the 32 Bit Windows 10, the connection works just fine. When I connect the sane phone to my 64 Bit Windows 10, the computer does not see the connected device at all. Can someone please...