Windows 10: PC can't delete the Documents folder

Discus and support PC can't delete the Documents folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a brand new Windows 10 Dell computer. In my OneDrive, my Documents folder is empty. I am trying to delete the said folder. I get the blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RedGuy11, Jul 28, 2020.

1. RedGuy11 Win User

PC can't delete the Documents folder

I have a brand new Windows 10 Dell computer. In my OneDrive, my Documents folder is empty. I am trying to delete the said folder.

I get the blue screen error. Error code: SYSTEM SERVER EXECUTABLE; clfd.sys failed. Try again; the same thing happens.

:)

RedGuy11, Jul 28, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused PC can't delete the Documents folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well PC can't delete the Documents folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Jul 28, 2020
  4. PC can't delete the Documents folder

Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

PC can't delete the Documents folder

1. PC can't delete the Documents folder - Similar Threads - can't delete Documents

2. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  3. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  4. "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it: Hi, I NEVER use the Downloads folder within Documents. Whenever I delete it, about a day or so later it magically reappears no files in it and I need to delete it again. My default download location in Edge is the desktop so I'm unsure why Windows feels the need to recreate...
  5. "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it

"Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it: Hi, I NEVER use the Downloads folder within Documents. Whenever I delete it, about a day or so later it magically reappears no files in it and I need to delete it again. My default download location in Edge is the desktop so I'm unsure why Windows feels the need to recreate...
  6. Document can't delete or make folder/files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document can't delete or make folder/files: My document can be accessed but can't be deleted or create a folder/file that says "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from user to make a change to this file" but I use my admin account and only my documents are like that other folders, for...
  7. Document can't delete or make folder/files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Document can't delete or make folder/files: My document can be accessed but can't be deleted or create a folder/file that says "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from user to make a change to this file" but I use my admin account and only my documents are like that other folders, for...
  8. Document can't delete or make folder/files

9. Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents: I have two computers: WinXP Pro & Win10. When I got my Win10 computer, I copied over all my document files. They were in C:\Documents and Settings\Phil\Data in WinXP (I changed the default "My Documents" to Data). Of course, Win10, has Documents folder. What I have now in...
  10. Documents deleted from Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents deleted from Documents folder: Twice my documents have been deleted from the Documents folder. Why? Stop it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-deleted-from-documents-folder/e4820f99-d6b3-4c03-855b-d996b67cb146