Windows 10: PC can't start because of the hard drive "fixing"

Discus and support PC can't start because of the hard drive "fixing" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i just decided to turn on my pc and play some games. But after my pc started i noticed, that he's lagging really _hard. like... REALLY hard it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gl1ntVeiN, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Gl1ntVeiN Win User

PC can't start because of the hard drive "fixing"

So i just decided to turn on my pc and play some games. But after my pc started i noticed, that he's lagging really _hard. like... REALLY hard it was opening google for 25 minutes, i even counted it. I decided to restart my pc, and it showed me that i have a hard drive issue and my PC will "fix" it.It's been 10 hours, that thing still do nothing and "fixing" my hard drive issue, rebooting my pc after it reached 100% and starting with another loop. When i try to cancel the hard drive "fix" is just shows me a BSOD.My hard drive have 300gb of free space out of 1tb, never been physically damaged

:)

Gl1ntVeiN, Dec 11, 2023

2. External Hard Drive stopping PC during start up

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that the PC will not reboot while connected with external hard drive.

I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Please perform the above and let us know the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 11, 2023
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 11, 2023
  4. PC can't start because of the hard drive "fixing"

Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 11, 2023
Thema:

PC can't start because of the hard drive "fixing"

1. PC can't start because of the hard drive "fixing" - Similar Threads - can't start hard

2. can't start my Windows 10 PC after removing an internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't start my Windows 10 PC after removing an internal hard drive: I have a Windows 10 PC using an SSD drive as the C: boot drive.I also have 2 internal SATA drives as storage/backup for media photos, videos, etc.One of these is 10 years old and still working fine. To pre-emptively avoid failure problems I planned to replace it.But it went...
  3. can't start my Windows 10 PC after removing an internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't start my Windows 10 PC after removing an internal hard drive: I have a Windows 10 PC using an SSD drive as the C: boot drive.I also have 2 internal SATA drives as storage/backup for media photos, videos, etc.One of these is 10 years old and still working fine. To pre-emptively avoid failure problems I planned to replace it.But it went...
  4. can't start my Windows 10 PC after removing an internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC hard drive: So its random but whenever i have my HDD plugged in i randomly get the blue screen of death or so called but when i unplug it i have no problems its a seagate 1tb but i also have a sandisk SSD 1tb and a 256 SK hynix for my nvme drive...
  6. PC hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC hard drive: So its random but whenever i have my HDD plugged in i randomly get the blue screen of death or so called but when i unplug it i have no problems its a seagate 1tb but i also have a sandisk SSD 1tb and a 256 SK hynix for my nvme drive...
  7. PC hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can't fix external hard drive using windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't fix external hard drive using windows 10: Hello, I have 2 Terabyte Seagate hard drive modelSTGX2000400. It was working fine then the drive suddenly stopped working. I've been doing my online research and this is my problem. The drive appears in my devices from the control panel and device manager.Its drivers are...
  9. Hard Drive is Inaccessible Because of Administrator Problems?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive is Inaccessible Because of Administrator Problems?: I plugged a hard drive into my laptop today but Windows said it was inaccessible. I ran chkdsk in Command Prompt and it was able to access it with no problems, but Windows itself still could not access it. I ran Disk Management and I found out that the disk was only...
  10. Fixing an External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fixing an External Hard Drive: Recently my external hard drive has stopped working my PC. If I plug it into a Mac, it works fine. When plugged into the PC, it says that file is corrupted and unrecognizable. Any help on how to get my hard drive working without losing the data on it?...