Windows 10: Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop

Discus and support Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 1 Hour ago i had a Blue Screen Of Death win32kbase.sys failed and said it was corrupted , after automatic repair was done , all my pc was changed to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlbertApetroaie, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop

1 Hour ago i had a Blue Screen Of Death win32kbase.sys failed and said it was corrupted , after automatic repair was done , all my pc was changed to my Local disk C: folder instead of D: , like I was using a different desktop wwhere all my apps were On disk D: and now I am back on the disk C: , all my Disk D: files are still on the desktop folder but not on my visual desktop when i open my PC.Can i have the Disk D: desktop files on my main desktop when i open my PC?Can i somehow do something in Registry Editor and move to desktop D: drive?Im in this location:Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFT

:)

AlbertApetroaie, Jan 22, 2022
  2. Jill_227 Win User

How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive?

My C drive, boot drive, is getting full; so I copied the desktop to the D drive, but the machine still boots into the desktop on the C drive. How can I change it to boot into the desktop on the D drive?

Jill_227, Jan 22, 2022
  3. My Desktop is a D Drive

I moved my Desktop Location to my Hard Drive. I accidentally forgot to add the Desktop subfolder in the location.

Now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the desktop and everything I save in the Desktop directly goes to the D drive without any subfolders.

Tried creating on my D Drive a Desktop folder and copying everything to it but still can't do it (when I searched to thumbs.db file wasn't there and desktop.ini were only files on my C drive)

Tried this solution: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-d-drive/9f4b56ab-c683-4da6-9100-fa58b128320f so
    for me it doesn't work.

Is there a way to change desktop's localization to C Drive?

asmoshingeki, Jan 22, 2022
  4. bhefff Win User

Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop

Merged Desktop with D drive

So my desktop was filling up space on my C drive, which is a 180gb SSD, so i tried to change the location to my D drive which is a 2tb HDD, but it merged the two and i cant revert the desktop back because my Program files on D are filled with games so
    its too big for C and i cant move those program files anywhere else.

bhefff, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop

1. Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop - Similar Threads - changed drive desktop

2. D drive merged with Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive merged with Desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop. how to split those two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/40bb6288-50f0-4609-a20c-71785e0f902e
  3. D drive merged with Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive merged with Desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop. how to split those two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/40bb6288-50f0-4609-a20c-71785e0f902e
  4. Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop: 1 Hour ago i had a Blue Screen Of Death win32kbase.sys failed and said it was corrupted , after automatic repair was done , all my pc was changed to my Local disk C: folder instead of D: , like I was using a different desktop wwhere all my apps were On disk D: and now I am...
  5. Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop

Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop: 1 Hour ago i had a Blue Screen Of Death win32kbase.sys failed and said it was corrupted , after automatic repair was done , all my pc was changed to my Local disk C: folder instead of D: , like I was using a different desktop wwhere all my apps were On disk D: and now I am...
  6. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  7. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  8. D drive merged with desktop

9. My Desktop is a D Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Desktop is a D Drive: I moved my Desktop Location to my Hard Drive. I accidentally forgot to add the Desktop subfolder in the location. Now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the desktop and everything I save in the Desktop directly goes to the D drive without any subfolders. Tried...
  10. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...