Windows 10: PC completely freezes during video playback

Discus and support PC completely freezes during video playback in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Any time I watch back one of the videos on any of my hard drives the video randomly stops and my PC just freezes up after about 2 mins of watching.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sludge-and-Death, Sep 27, 2020.

1. PC completely freezes during video playback

Any time I watch back one of the videos on any of my hard drives the video randomly stops and my PC just freezes up after about 2 mins of watching. sometimes i can close the media player and move the mouse around but nothing will work. Also sometimes i can hit Ctrl Alt Del and open task manager or try and hit shutdown but nothing works. If i try to hit shutdown it just stays stuck on the shutting down screen. I end up having to hold power button to force shutdown.

All other functions of my PC are working properly, Gaming, Internet Including watching Youtube all are running properly

I have been searching the internet for a solution but no luck.

:)

Sludge-and-Death, Sep 27, 2020

2. video playback freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which application you are using to play the video?
    • What is the format of the videos you are trying to play?
    • Does this happens with all other videos as well?

This issue might be due to outdated or corrupted graphic card drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Video Playback
    Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Video Playback troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Video Playback
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update your graphic card drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the graphics
      card and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 27, 2020
  3. window 10 video playback trouble

Hi David,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need whether you play the video from the website/Movies and TV app?

I suggest you to run the video playback troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and devices under
      Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Video playback under Windows.

• Click on Advanced on the Video playback dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Video playback troubleshooter.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

PC completely freezes during video playback

Video playback problems

Hi Davis,

Based on the information that you have provided, this could be related to incorrect configuration or corrupted device drivers. We recommend that you run the Video Playback troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if it helps:

Method: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Video Playback.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you; we will wait for your feedback.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

PC completely freezes during video playback

1. PC completely freezes during video playback - Similar Threads - completely freezes during

2. Computer Locks Up During Video Playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Locks Up During Video Playback: I have a brand new Asus flipbook running Windows 10 that crashes during any kind of video playback (streaming or downloaded). I’m able to watch video for about five minutes before video and sound freezes, resulting in a loud digital buzzing noise, and can no longer operate...
  3. PC Freezes During All Video Playback (YouTube, Netflix, etc.)

PC Freezes During All Video Playback (YouTube, Netflix, etc.): Okay, so just recently my Windows 10 laptop (Acer Aspire ES 15) has started to freeze a few minutes after I start watching a video, whether it be on YouTube or Netflix. The whole system COMPLETELY freezes (cursor unresponsive, Ctrl+Shift+Esc won't open task manager,...
  4. Windows 10 hard freezes during video playback (streamed or local)

Windows 10 hard freezes during video playback (streamed or local): So, I have a Lenovo ideapad 320-15ABR running Windows 10 (version 1803, OS build 17134.165) and it has only been running for a few short months. When playing local video files or streaming video from youtube, I experience short freezes that resolve themselves intermittently...
  5. Computer Freezes during video playback in any browser

in Browsers and Email
    Computer Freezes during video playback in any browser: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and have found 1 very annoying problem, any time a small video plays on a website in any browser my computer completely freezes. I cant move the mouse pres Ctrl, Alt Del. nothign works i have to hard reboot my PC. 1st i...
  6. Pc freezes during updates. Can't complete Windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pc freezes during updates. Can't complete Windows update: My computer is Windows 10 64 bit Intel core i7 processor 2600 Nvidia GeForce GTX560Ti 1280 MB 128 GB solid state drive + 2 TB Hard drive I've tried restarting multiple times. It keeps freezing. I attempted a recovery but it wouldn't work. Attempted to run CMD...
  7. PC freezes and crashes during watching videos / gaming.

PC freezes and crashes during watching videos / gaming.: Here is a screenshot of the problem: Attachment 105303 Besides that, I've noticed freezing at certain points while watching videos on youtube or playing. But while playing that happened only 2 times and for a little while, but the 2nd time the pc went into windows login...
  8. Video Playback Freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Playback Freezes: Hi all~ When I play videos on my laptop, the picture and audio will freeze after about 15 minutes while the timeline continues to move. If I wait for a minute, the picture will suddenly fast forward, trying to catch up to the timeline, while the audio resumes normally. Once...
  9. Flickering video during playback on YT and FB

in Windows 10 Support
    Flickering video during playback on YT and FB: If I play a video on MPC its fine, but if i play a youtube video or facebook video it flickers...is there a fix for this as ive literally fresh installed this 2 days ago and nothing but problems with it and thinking about loading my win7 backup back on running latest...
  10. Video routinely freezes during playback under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Video routinely freezes during playback under Windows 10: When Windows 10 came out, I upgraded to it as soon as it was allowable. I had the following issue immediately after upgrading: * Every 60 seconds the video of any movie (mkv/mp4/avi) seems to freeze for 1-2 secs, but the audio continues just fine while the video then...