Windows 10: Pc completely freezing while gaming. Have to turn off power button.

Discus and support Pc completely freezing while gaming. Have to turn off power button. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having this problem for a while now. First, it started when I tried to export videos on hit film, every time I would try it would freeze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeviBourn, Jan 8, 2021.

1. LeviBourn Win User

Pc completely freezing while gaming. Have to turn off power button.

I have been having this problem for a while now. First, it started when I tried to export videos on hit film, every time I would try it would freeze and I would have to shut it down. But the thing is before that it worked fine. The same thing happened with adobe premiere, it would freeze. It would only work with adobe media encoder. There was also a game called for the king that always crashes. Now it has gotten so bad that occasionally my computer freezes while playing Minecraft and also having discord open. The same thing with terraria. I have tried to figure it out but i cant seem to fix it.

:)

LeviBourn, Jan 8, 2021

2. PC freezes completely when gaming. Have to switch off at power button.

Having a bit of a problem latel. Sometimes when playing games, usually about 5-10 mins in, my PC freezes completely. No inputs work(keyboard or mouse), all sound stops, image freezes on screen, cant use ctrl+alt+del and I have to turn it off by holding
    power button down. Doesnt always happen. Was fine playing Destiny 2 for several hours without crash but had 4 today. Updated Windows and GfX drivers recently. I am not really tech savvy at all. Just want the PC working again. Pls help

RobertBowman1, Jan 8, 2021
  3. monksalve Win User
    Complete Freeze - Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63

Managed to solve this.

Seems like I had a couple issues. The power supply was on the fritz and C-States needed to be turned off in the bios.

I went through all the steps listed on this thread by @mileskb
    Windows 10 freezes randomly

I did change some of the power management settings in windows, but I had tried that before without results. It might have been a combination of C-States and power management.

monksalve, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Smitty W. Win User

Unplugging power cord and holding the power button. PC won't turn on

Okay so I attempted to fix a Windows 10 usb problem by following a month old forum. The instructions were:

1. Unplug the power cord from desktop computer.
    2. Hold in the on/off button for approx. 10 seconds until the light goes off. This kills the reserve power.
    3. Unplug all of your USB cords from the back of your machine as well as any flash drive or any other USB
      device that is plugged into your computer.
    4. Insert the power plug back into your computer and power it up. Allow it to completely load everything
      that it needs to before you do anything else.
    5. Now start plugging your USB devices back into your computer one at a time while waiting for them to
      indicate that they are recognized. Do this with each one of your devices until all have been recognized.
    6. Now right/click on computer or This PC and choose Manage / Device Manager /USB Serial Controllers and
      check to see if any of them have the yellow tag. They should not have if the problem is corrected.

Unfortunately I only got to Step 4, when I press the power button nothing turns on. So now I'm at a complete loss. The only thing that seems to turn on though, would be the lights to my led keyboard when I plug it in. Anyways, how do I fix/turn on my PC again?

Here's a link to the forum: Unknown USB device in Windows 10

Smitty W., Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Pc completely freezing while gaming. Have to turn off power button. - Similar Threads - completely freezing while

2. Pc turning off while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc turning off while gaming: My pc is turning off while gaming without any warnings or popups, my event viewer is flooded with event id: 28 and event id:41specsi7 12700f3070ti16gb ddr4Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2...
  3. Pc turning off while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc turning off while gaming: My pc is turning off while gaming without any warnings or popups, my event viewer is flooded with event id: 28 and event id:41specsi7 12700f3070ti16gb ddr4Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2...
  4. PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off: Hello,My computer has had this issue for the longest time, but is becoming more and more frequent. Whenever I load into a game call of duty, Assassins Creed, etc. after 5-10 minutes of playing, my entire pc becomes completely frozen and I have to hold the power button for it...
  5. PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off

PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off: Hello,My computer has had this issue for the longest time, but is becoming more and more frequent. Whenever I load into a game call of duty, Assassins Creed, etc. after 5-10 minutes of playing, my entire pc becomes completely frozen and I have to hold the power button for it...
  6. PC completely freezes while gaming, have to hold power down and restart

PC completely freezes while gaming, have to hold power down and restart: Ryzen 7 3700xrx5700xt 16 gb 3200mhz memoryHey everyone, for a while now I’ve been trying to troubleshoot my freezing pc. It seems to only happen when I’m playing apex and not any other game. It occurs completely randomly, usually a little bit into the game and happens a...
  7. PC completely freezes while gaming, have to hold power down and restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC completely freezes while gaming, have to hold power down and restart: Ryzen 7 3700xrx5700xt 16 gb 3200mhz memoryHey everyone, for a while now I’ve been trying to troubleshoot my freezing pc. It seems to only happen when I’m playing apex and not any other game. It occurs completely randomly, usually a little bit into the game and happens a...
  8. PC completely freezes while gaming, have to hold power down and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. PC freezes completely when gaming. Have to switch off at power button.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes completely when gaming. Have to switch off at power button.: Having a bit of a problem latel. Sometimes when playing games, usually about 5-10 mins in, my PC freezes completely. No inputs work(keyboard or mouse), all sound stops, image freezes on screen, cant use ctrl+alt+del and I have to turn it off by holding power button down....
  10. Power down button does not completely turn computer power off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power down button does not completely turn computer power off: I recently upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I power down the system from the menu, my computer does not completely turn off. The procedure I use is described below: Click Windows_Start_button > Power > Shutdown The system closes applications and appears to...