Windows 10: PC completely locks up after waking from sleep/hibernate-Frozen screen, won’t respond to I/O

Discus and support PC completely locks up after waking from sleep/hibernate-Frozen screen, won’t respond to I/O in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Model: Lenovo Legion T5 tower-Windows 10 21H1 19043.1081-Intel Core i7 10700F-Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060-Crucial 32GB 2x16 2933MHz RAM-Samsung 860 and 970... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LiveUndead, Jul 5, 2021.

1. PC completely locks up after waking from sleep/hibernate-Frozen screen, won’t respond to I/O

Model: Lenovo Legion T5 tower-Windows 10 21H1 19043.1081-Intel Core i7 10700F-Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060-Crucial 32GB 2x16 2933MHz RAM-Samsung 860 and 970 Evo SSDs-650W PSUFor about a week, my PC will completely lock up several minutes after waking up from sleep or hibernate. That’s the only time this happens. If I am using the PC from a fresh shutdown or restart, it will not happen. It always happens several minutes after sleep/hibernate. It completely locks up. Cursor won’t move, keyboard won’t respond. Any video and/or audio that’s playing will eit

:)

LiveUndead, Jul 5, 2021
  2. E_C_H_O Win User

Lock screen setting not responding after waking from sleep/hibernation.

I have my Surface Pro 4 set to use Windows Spotlight on the lock screen. I have noticed on multiple occasions it reusing the same image over multiple days. If I try to access the "Lock Screen" setting in the personalization dialog after waking from sleep
    or hibernate, the dialog will enter into a "Not Responding" state. Restarting the system is the only way to get into the "Lock Screen" settings.

E_C_H_O, Jul 5, 2021
  3. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Jul 5, 2021
  4. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC completely locks up after waking from sleep/hibernate-Frozen screen, won’t respond to I/O

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

Thema:

PC completely locks up after waking from sleep/hibernate-Frozen screen, won’t respond to I/O

1. PC completely locks up after waking from sleep/hibernate-Frozen screen, won’t respond to I/O - Similar Threads - completely locks waking

2. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  4. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  5. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  6. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  7. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  8. Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode: Hello all.For around 2 weeks now, I have been facing an issue: Windows Explorer on my laptop ASUS ROG G15QE will not respond after waking up from hibernation/sleep mode. I have tried doing sfc /scannow and a few other methods. I have also updated to the latest version of...
  9. Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode

Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode: Hello all.For around 2 weeks now, I have been facing an issue: Windows Explorer on my laptop ASUS ROG G15QE will not respond after waking up from hibernation/sleep mode. I have tried doing sfc /scannow and a few other methods. I have also updated to the latest version of...
  10. Windows Explorer not responding after waking up from sleep/hibernation mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging