Windows 10: PC completely stops functioning when left on for some time

Discus and support PC completely stops functioning when left on for some time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having an issue with my Desktop for quite some time. Whenever I leave my computer on and go do something for some periods of time and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zachrte, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Zachrte Win User

PC completely stops functioning when left on for some time

Hi, I have been having an issue with my Desktop for quite some time. Whenever I leave my computer on and go do something for some periods of time and return to it, I find that it is on but unresponsive. The mouse and keyboard inputs don't work. Doing Ctrl+Shift+Win+B does nothing for me and I end up being forced to restart the computer via the button on the case. When I log back in after the restart, all the sites and apps that I had on originally are still there.

I am confused at this point for solutions to my problem as I have adjusted my power settings and Display Adapter Driver.

But those methods have not helped my situation and I have now hit a dead end. Help anyone?

:)

Zachrte, Mar 31, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC completely stops functioning when left on for some time :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 31, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows 10 "Left Alt + Shift" language input switch suddenly stop working. It used to work before.

Hi Jida,

There are a few reasons why "Left Alt + Shift" is suddenly stopped working on your computer. Since you mentioned that you already tried some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you create a
    Test Profile. From there, check if the issue occurs.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.
    Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. PC completely stops functioning when left on for some time - Similar Threads - completely stops functioning

2. All Windows functions stopped working completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Windows functions stopped working completely: All Windows functions stopped working completely. Start button/menu, search bar, all Windows file icons, recycling bin etc are all not opening error when trying to open file icon says "no such interface supported". Unable to try any of the suggestions I've found on the...
  3. All Windows functions stopped working completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Windows functions stopped working completely: All Windows functions stopped working completely. Start button/menu, search bar, all Windows file icons, recycling bin etc are all not opening error when trying to open file icon says "no such interface supported". Unable to try any of the suggestions I've found on the...
  4. All Windows functions stopped working completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bluetooth on PC completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth on PC completely stopped working.: Title says it all really. Some further details;-The switch to turn bluetooth on is literally *gone*. As in, just not there. -On the 'Other Devices' section in the bluetooth settings page, as well as in device manager, IntelR Wireless BluetoothR continuously disappears and...
  6. Bluetooth on PC completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth on PC completely stopped working.: Title says it all really. Some further details;-The switch to turn bluetooth on is literally *gone*. As in, just not there. -On the 'Other Devices' section in the bluetooth settings page, as well as in device manager, IntelR Wireless BluetoothR continuously disappears and...
  7. PC stops functioning when full screened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stops functioning when full screened: I built this PC earlier this year and it has been running beautifully up until this past weekend. Occasionally when full screened (occurred on Twitch, and Spectrum live tv) my PC stops responding to almost everything. The video freezes and I can minimize windows but cant...
  8. Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning: Hello everyone, I have a problem that has been bothering me for long enough, and I need some help. I've tried everything and searched the web to fix this at 100% with no success. A week or 2 ago, I noticied that my 'Windows' Key wasn't responding, and same thing with the...
  9. Pc freezes after left idle some time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezes after left idle some time: My pc freezes i can't do nothing but restart after left idle some minutes. I tried some power options didn't work. And i also tried memory ram checking, disk defrag, ccleaner and other stuff. Can someone help me please? specs: i5 3470 3.2gHz 8gb ram rx 550 500gb HDD 450W psu...
  10. Office 365 deactivates when PC offline for some time.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 deactivates when PC offline for some time.: Due to problems with ISP my home desktop PC is almost a moth without connection to internet. I have active Office 365 subscription and office 365 programs (word, excel, etc.) installed on it. Today I noticed that when I opened my excel document I could only view it but not...