Windows 10: PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work

Discus and support PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday I was crashing at random times while gaming and for multiple different games. Today my pc just doesn’t want me to use my internet. I ran a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YSNVyper, Feb 16, 2020.

1. PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work

Yesterday I was crashing at random times while gaming and for multiple different games. Today my pc just doesn’t want me to use my internet. I ran a diagnostics and it read “ ‘Ethernet’ doesn’t have a valid IP configuration “ I searched for subreddits about it, ran a few cmd prompts, checked a few network settings, and even uninstalled my antivirus but nothing helped and now I’m confused and can’t find the source of the problem. Any help or ideas are appreciated because I’m not the brightest with network settings :/

submitted by /u/YSNVyper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YSNVyper, Feb 16, 2020
  2. AndrewCar Win User

No internet after connecting Home AV system Ethernet cable

Dell XPS8900 Desktop System works fine, then I connect the Ethernet from the PC to the new Home HiFi AV system (via Sonos S-Connect) After that I get no access to the internet. If I disconnect the Ethernet cable (and reboot?) I get internet again. If I
    connect the Ethernet cable after first establishing access to the internet, I get internet AND control of the Home HiFi AV system until the PC goes to sleep or is turned off, then no internet again. Any suggestions please. Regards

AndrewCar, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Homucles Win User
    Cannot connect to Internet via direct Ethernet cable connection.

Hello. Have had this PC for about a year now. Came as Win7, updated to Win10 shortly thereafter. It is incapable of connecting to Internet wirelessly, so I connected it to modem directly through Ethernet cable. Have never had any problems whatsoever with
    connectivity to the Internet.

All of the sudden, as of about last week, I would start up my PC and it would be disconnected from the Internet. It cannot detect any sort of Internet connections despite being directly connected to the modem. Even wirelessly connected devices in my home
    like smartphones and tablets were unaffected by whatever ails my PC/Ethernet cable/etc.. I had:

• Restarted PC
    • Unplugged and replugged in modem after 30 seconds
    • Uninstalled drivers
    • Checked for driver updates (of which there were none)
    • Switched Ethernet ports
    • Switched Ethernet cables
    • Turned off firewalls and other malware-detecting programs
    • Reset network devices
    • ...and a host of other troubleshooting tips I have now forgotten
    None of these worked, but after 10-20 minutes, the Internet returned to normal. It has just happened again, and I did not retry any of the aforementioned actions, and, once again, it returned after 10-20 minutes.

It may seem to be a very trivial problem if the Internet ultimately comes back, but this effectively means my PC's startup time is extended to about 20 minutes, and this proves to be extremely inconvenient when I need to access the Internet.

Please offer any suggestions you think would solve this problem. Whatever system specifications are needed I will provide.

Homucles, Feb 16, 2020
  4. revdrw Win User

PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

Fart

Brandon,

I don't know what I mean. YES ON WIF i can connect to the internet, but you cannot connect to anthing plugged into the same WIFI ROUTER with CAT5 Cable ethernet. My MacBook Pro has WIFI and ehternet, ethernet wont work, but wifi will. My Dell does not have wifi, and I cannot connect to the network or internet at all. As I mentioned, I changed the WIFI Router about a week ago, problem solved, for 3-4 days, now ethernet to the new router does not work again.

revdrw, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work

1. PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work - Similar Threads - connected internet via

2. PC with Window 11 could not detect internet connection via ethernet cable to modem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC with Window 11 could not detect internet connection via ethernet cable to modem.: I bought an HP laptop about 4 months ago, which came with Window 11 installed. Recently every time when the laptop is powered up, it could not detect the connection to internet via Ethernet cable connection the pc was able to detect internet via wifi to the same modem. I...
  3. PC with Window 11 could not detect internet connection via ethernet cable to modem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC with Window 11 could not detect internet connection via ethernet cable to modem.: I bought an HP laptop about 4 months ago, which came with Window 11 installed. Recently every time when the laptop is powered up, it could not detect the connection to internet via Ethernet cable connection the pc was able to detect internet via wifi to the same modem. I...
  4. Ethernet via USB cable not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet via USB cable not working: Hello, I have windows 10 pro computer and I run a ethernet cable with the driver installed on my computer: realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC, the network I am connected is some weird yellow cable and the network is very poor so I was trying to connect to a dongle...
  5. The Ethernet cable won’t connect and it says identifying no internet. It won’t connect to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Ethernet cable won’t connect and it says identifying no internet. It won’t connect to...: Please help submitted by /u/ComradePeePeePooPoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hz42qx/the_ethernet_cable_wont_connect_and_it_says/
  6. Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.

Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.: All of a sudden my PC won't connect to the internet via a wired ethernet connection, the option isn't even available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-connected-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable/0d7f9617-5dd6-43ba-b418-08b70a0514ba
  7. PC is connected to WiFi via Ethernet cable but I can’t use internet services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC is connected to WiFi via Ethernet cable but I can’t use internet services: Yesterday I was crashing at random times while gaming and for multiple different games. Today my pc just doesn’t want me to use my WiFi. I ran a diagnostics and it read “ ‘Ethernet’ doesn’t have a valid IP configuration “ I searched for subreddits about it, ran a few cmd...
  8. PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, has internet access, but says it...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, has internet access, but says it...: I've made a post here before but gave up due to unhelpful answers and people not even reading what I said properly, it became frustrating and I gave up. I recently (as of writing this, 10 minutes ago) purchased "Age of Empires 2: Defininive Edition" via steam. What I was not...
  9. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable: Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!
  10. My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable

My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable: I just got my first pc and I turned it on and I tried connecting it to the internet, there was no routers showing up so I troubleshooted and it said I didn't have an Ethernet cable plugged in but aren't I supposed to be able to connect wirelessly? It's a modern gaming...