Windows 10: PC Consistently Freezing and Crashing

Discus and support PC Consistently Freezing and Crashing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,My PC is crashing for no explicable reason --- it happens both while I am playing a game, or while I am browsing the internet or working. I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ColinHicks3, Sep 11, 2021.

1. PC Consistently Freezing and Crashing

Hi all,My PC is crashing for no explicable reason --- it happens both while I am playing a game, or while I am browsing the internet or working. I used WhoCrashed to analyze the crash dump files for the latest crash today and it concluded this:System Information localComputer name: DESKTOP-0RM26QVWindows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19043Windows dir: C:\WINDOWSHardware: 90NC00J9US, LENOVO, 3717CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 8664, level: 616 logical processors, active mask: 65535RAM: 16909565952 bytes 15.7GBOn Sat 9/11/2021 1:41:35 PM your co

:)

ColinHicks3, Sep 11, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 11, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 11, 2021
  4. beeze Win User

PC Consistently Freezing and Crashing

Constant PC crashing/freezing

Hello!

Brief description of problem: Over the past few months my PC has been randomly crashing/freezing. It doesn't seem to matter how large of a load it is trying to take on; whether i'm only writing a paper while listening to music, or i'm playing Counter Strike on one monitor and have multiple processes open on the other. The up time ranges anywhere between 1 minute to 12 hours.

PC Specs:
    CPU - AMD FX-6300
    RAM - 16gb HyperX ddr3-1886
    Video Card - Radeon R7 370
    MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P
    HHD - 1 TB
    Power Supply - 500w

Continued Description of Problem: I recently ran a memtest on my ram and found out that one of the sticks were bad(It has been replaced with the ram currently listed above) this resolved about half of the issues I was facing. Before the ram was replaced I was getting a multitude of blue screens alongside the random freezing. The next and most recent step I've taken to restore my PC was replacing the hard drive. It doesn't seem to have fixed anything; one change I noticed after installing windows onto the new hard drive is that the time/timestamp on any browser, program or desktop doesn't display correctly. It has been replaced with some odd symbols- ex; Screenshot - 16eb15deb6d9e5e2fcaae2618a12b0ce - Gyazo , Screenshot - 63eff3026946796a175cdb11e13473b4 - Gyazo . With all this in mind I am assuming that we can exclude the RAM and HHD from potential problems.

Additional Details on the Crashing/Freezing: As stated before it doesn't matter how much strain is on the PC, but crashing does seem more prevalent when playing games. When It does freeze/crash and there is audio playing the video will freeze but the audio will just mimic the last frequency it received. Sometimes it freezes and will go back to normal(This is a pretty rare occurrence).

Thank you in advance for any advice/help; If you would like any additional information on specs/freeze details.

beeze, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

PC Consistently Freezing and Crashing

1. PC Consistently Freezing and Crashing - Similar Threads - Consistently Freezing Crashing

2. New PC is consistently crashing everyday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC is consistently crashing everyday: The PC most often crashes when playing games, causing audio to lag loudly in ears before rebooting back to the sign in screen. Here is a link to a minidump file from the most recent crash as well as the minidump file itself. Please advise....
  3. New PC is consistently crashing everyday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC is consistently crashing everyday: The PC most often crashes when playing games, causing audio to lag loudly in ears before rebooting back to the sign in screen. Here is a link to a minidump file from the most recent crash as well as the minidump file itself. Please advise....
  4. PC consistent Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC consistent Crashes: So for the last two months or so, my PC has been acting up, often crashing. I believe this has to do with the GPU. I've linked all the community questions I've asked about this which includes the solutions I've tried. The last link is the most recent minidump I...
  5. PC consistent Crashes

PC consistent Crashes: So for the last two months or so, my PC has been acting up, often crashing. I believe this has to do with the GPU. I've linked all the community questions I've asked about this which includes the solutions I've tried. The last link is the most recent minidump I...
  6. PC consistent Crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Consistent PC Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent PC Crashes: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2/‎25/‎2022 5:15 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff8503f0845460Parameter 2:...
  8. Consistent PC Crashes

Consistent PC Crashes: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2/‎25/‎2022 5:15 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff8503f0845460Parameter 2:...
  9. Consistent PC Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Consistant Crashes/Freezes/Bluescreens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistant Crashes/Freezes/Bluescreens: Firstly Apologies for the double post. I had previously been linked to the performance & maintenance forums while researching my issue. Firstly, I've had no problems with windows 7 ever. Decided to upgrade to Windows 10 last year and used the free upgrade to do it....