Windows 10: PC consistently taking 15 minutes to boot to windows after CPU upgrade

Discus and support PC consistently taking 15 minutes to boot to windows after CPU upgrade in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is happening on a MSI B350 Gaming Pro mobo, with a Ryzen 5 3600 (previously a Ryzen 5 1400, on which the problem did not occur.) I had previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Merpell, Apr 15, 2020.

1. PC consistently taking 15 minutes to boot to windows after CPU upgrade

This is happening on a MSI B350 Gaming Pro mobo, with a Ryzen 5 3600 (previously a Ryzen 5 1400, on which the problem did not occur.) I had previously mentioned this problem in a post to this subreddit when I first encountered the problem. The fact that it started happening after a CPU upgrade led some to believe that I had a driver issue (which I agree.) Not being too informed on drivers in general, is there any suggestions as to which drivers specifically I should be trying to reinstall? Thanks for the help. If I am missing any info just let me know and I will reply.

submitted by /u/Merpell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Merpell, Apr 15, 2020
  2. armycyrus Win User

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage.

Original title: An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not using iTunes. Apple says iI should ask Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys.

An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not logged on to iTunes, nor is my iPod connected to my PC when this .exe runs with 50% usage. Apple suggested I contact Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys. Apple suggested
    contacting Microsoft.

armycyrus, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up

Hopefully someone can point me the right direction here, about a week ago Windows started taking a very long time to boot up, after powering on and off a few times during this boot, an option was presented to fix windows and lose all of my apps/programs
    I did this and Windows then booted normally for 3 days, now it is back to the same scenario and is taking 1 hour 15 minutes to boot.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 - Bios F42d

Boot Drive: Samsung SSD 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C18 Memory Kit

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2

Once the system has booted everything runs normally with no issues, but as soon as I restart the PC Windows takes over an hour to load.

Any help or advice gratefully received and if any more information is required then just ask.

Many thanks

Gary

DirkGently68, Apr 15, 2020
  4. PC consistently taking 15 minutes to boot to windows after CPU upgrade

My PC takes minutes to get internet access after booting

From several weeks my PC (surface book 2 + windows 10) takes minutes to get internet access after booting, even if it's connected to the wi-fi immediately (the message "no internet access" is shown). After 1 or 2 minutes magically internet appears. It's
    frustrating that windows takes 10 second to start but minutes to connect!!! I also tried to change DNS settings using Google's IP....but still not working...

Any suggestions? Thank you very much!

FabrizioTronchin, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

PC consistently taking 15 minutes to boot to windows after CPU upgrade

1. PC consistently taking 15 minutes to boot to windows after CPU upgrade - Similar Threads - consistently taking minutes

2. No internet for 15 minutes after booting up, and DNS Client uses 30% CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet for 15 minutes after booting up, and DNS Client uses 30% CPU: Hello everyone, I'm having a very unusual bug on Windows 11When I turn on my computer, it doesn't connect to the internet, the icon on the taskbar looks like it's connected, but no webpage or program has connection.On the meanwhile, Service Host: Network Service - DNS Client,...
  3. No internet for 15 minutes after booting up, and DNS Client uses 30% CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet for 15 minutes after booting up, and DNS Client uses 30% CPU: Hello everyone, I'm having a very unusual bug on Windows 11When I turn on my computer, it doesn't connect to the internet, the icon on the taskbar looks like it's connected, but no webpage or program has connection.On the meanwhile, Service Host: Network Service - DNS Client,...
  4. Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS: Hello, I'm new here, so please let me know if I do something wrong! I desperately need help to fix this issue with my desktop, if anybody can help me I'll be forever grateful. My OS (Windows 10 pro 1803 on Samsung evo 970 M2) used to boot in a matter of seconds (with win fast...
  5. Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS: Hello, I'm new here, so please let me know if I do something wrong! I desperately need help to fix this issue with my desktop, if anybody can help me I'll be forever grateful. My OS (Windows 10 pro 1803 on Samsung evo 970 M2) used to boot in a matter of seconds (with win fast...
  6. welcome screen taking 15 minutes

welcome screen taking 15 minutes: when i startup my pc it takes 15 minutes to get past the login/welcome screen beacause its stuck on the welcome load thing i dont know if this is normal altho i have used 1.3 tb of my 2 tb hhd...
  7. Windows 10 takes 15 minutes to start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 takes 15 minutes to start: You will see this problem posted all over the web on various support forums MS or not. As with most windows problems, these are the solutions you will see run sfc/dism disable unnecessary background processes update drivers It is true that you do need to use sfc/dism...
  8. Windows Update Failed and PC now takes 15 minutes to reboot used to take barely 1 minute

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Failed and PC now takes 15 minutes to reboot used to take barely 1 minute: Hello, I've been having rebooting issues since my windows update started failing. The errors that I am getting: Updates failed Last checked: Yesterday, 11:39 PM Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error 0x8000703ed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10...
  9. Windows takes 20+ minutes to boot after cpu change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows takes 20+ minutes to boot after cpu change: I recently upgraded from a Ryzen 5 1400 to a Ryzen 5 3600, making sure to update the bios beforehand. However, Windows now takes 20 minutes on the blue logo with spinning white dots. When windows does boot up, all programs and games on my ssd (which is what windows is...
  10. Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up

Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up: Hopefully someone can point me the right direction here, about a week ago Windows started taking a very long time to boot up, after powering on and off a few times during this boot, an option was presented to fix windows and lose all of my apps/programs I did this and Windows...