Windows 10: PC constantly crashes and freezes, resulting in BSOD, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, error...

Discus and support PC constantly crashes and freezes, resulting in BSOD, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, error... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the longest time my PC's been randomly freezing, which results typically in almost a dozen BSOD a day, sometimes it takes 4 hours, sometimes 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ColoringPlane17, Feb 3, 2020.

1. PC constantly crashes and freezes, resulting in BSOD, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, error...

For the longest time my PC's been randomly freezing, which results typically in almost a dozen BSOD a day, sometimes it takes 4 hours, sometimes 4 minutes. The most common error I get is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, although sometimes I also get UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, but that one is rarer.

Here are my PC specs:

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363
    Motherboard: ASRock, Z370 Pro4
    CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz Intel8664, level: 6
    12 logical processors, active mask: 4095
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    RAM: 68651618304 bytes 63,9GB

These BSODs have been occurring for quite some time now, I've taken my desktop to two different service stations, but ultimately it still keeps dying. So far I have tried:
    - sfc /scannow, which comes up clean
    - chkdsk, comes up clean
    - dism /online /checkhealth, comes up clean
    - Windows memory diagnostic comes up clean
    - updated drivers for the motherboard from the website, couldn't install 2.
    - updating my graphics drivers and Windows OC.

I also ran WhoCrashed and this is what came up:

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Mon 03.02.2020 0:22:44 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020320-63812-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C14E0
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF 0xFFFFC90B9F9A9140, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
    There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 03.02.2020 14:31:06 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020320-72750-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF 0xFFFFE30E5D2DD280, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 03.02.2020 12:01:03 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020320-55078-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x154 0xFFFFD58EDC3DB000, 0xFFFF9F80B3C63F00, 0x2, 0x0
    Error: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
    Bug check description: This indicates that the store component caught an unexpected exception.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Mon 03.02.2020 1:44:58 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020320-93578-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF 0xFFFFCF0BB0065240, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0

On Sat 01.02.2020 21:45:23 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020120-59875-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF 0xFFFFAB8AF9BAA280, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0

Conclusion
    5 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

I also ran BlueScreenViewer and it pointed out that it's caused by 'Driver ntoskrnl.exe', which doesn't tell me much, since it's apparently not a real driver.
    PC constantly crashes and freezes, resulting in BSOD, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, error... 3bf300a6-10fe-4944-b363-34586613b6d2?upload=true.jpg

Honestly, I'm not tech-savvy at all, and don't understand most of this, so if anybody could help me out and explain it in basic terms, I'd greatly appreciate it.

:)

ColoringPlane17, Feb 3, 2020
  2. NGKH5 Win User

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows-

On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!PsSetLegoNotifyRoutine+0x46C)

Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFFFFFA8C97440, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .

Google query: ntkrpamp.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Following is a link to my "one drive" BSOD folder with memory.dmp and other files for evaluation:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhtpFas_Rp_hiUvPKtxMgmB-b1B5

Please advise resolution for the said BSOD. Thanx!

NGKH5, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 3, 2020
  4. ResnickRE Win User

PC constantly crashes and freezes, resulting in BSOD, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, error...

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD appears randomly

Occasionally when using the computer, it freezes, then the BSOD appears with the UEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION or the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED message. My computer also did not produce any dump files from the crash.

ResnickRE, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

PC constantly crashes and freezes, resulting in BSOD, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, error...

1. PC constantly crashes and freezes, resulting in BSOD, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, error... - Similar Threads - constantly crashes freezes

2. PC freezes constantly, no BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes constantly, no BSOD.: I've dealt with these issues for quite some time. Resetting Windows 11 did not work, along with reinstalling all drivers and software, updating Windows 11, removing VPNs and antivirus software, running SFC scans and chkdsk, updating the BIOS, etc. It happens quite randomly,...
  3. PC freezes constantly, no BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes constantly, no BSOD.: I've dealt with these issues for quite some time. Resetting Windows 11 did not work, along with reinstalling all drivers and software, updating Windows 11, removing VPNs and antivirus software, running SFC scans and chkdsk, updating the BIOS, etc. It happens quite randomly,...
  4. Constant BSOD crashes and freezing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD crashes and freezing.: Greetings, I've started having constant bluescreens and random freezing from about a few weeks ago. They are related to ntoskrnl.exe, and the bug check varies from time to time but it's generally limited to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a, IRLQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0a,...
  5. Constant BSOD errors crashing windows 10 resulting in failed updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant BSOD errors crashing windows 10 resulting in failed updates: I have been getting BSOD errors for a while now and they keep increasing day by day. I tried updating my windows several times but it crashes mid way and undoes all progress. I was asked for the minidump on a previous question. Here's the link to the minidump zip-...
  6. PC constantly crashing/freezing

PC constantly crashing/freezing: I built this computer a few months ago, without any prior experience in building computers. I know I have made mistakes while building it, but I can't pinpoint what the problem is. I do not have the time to completely rebuild my computer. My computer has always been crashing...
  7. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error: Recently I've been running into an issue after installing a new Samsung 970 EVO V-Nand 1TB M.2 SSD. When playing the game RUST for extended periods of time the computer bluescreens with the error message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" however the system restarts too quickly after...
  8. BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows- On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe...
  9. Constant bsod error - critical_process_died

Constant bsod error - critical_process_died: I keep getting a bsod error that says "critical_process_died". I don't know too much about bsod errors so I'm not really sure on how to fix this. I've ran the sfc.exe/scannow command and it said it found corrupted files, but couldn't fix them. I then ran the dism...restore...
  10. Constant PC crashing/freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant PC crashing/freezing: Hello! Brief description of problem: Over the past few months my PC has been randomly crashing/freezing. It doesn't seem to matter how large of a load it is trying to take on; whether i'm only writing a paper while listening to music, or i'm playing Counter Strike on one...