Windows 10: PC constantly making 'churning' noise after clean Windows install.

Discus and support PC constantly making 'churning' noise after clean Windows install. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Today I did a completely fresh windows install, and now my computer is making a mechanical 'churning' noise- it's the noise that all PCs make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Glikk, Apr 8, 2021.

1. /u/Glikk Win User

PC constantly making 'churning' noise after clean Windows install.

Hello,

Today I did a completely fresh windows install, and now my computer is making a mechanical 'churning' noise- it's the noise that all PCs make when doing a particularly intensive task like downloading files etc, but now it is happening for a second or two if I open a new tab/open an application/press the windows key/close my internet browser/etc. Starting my computer has slowed. Games run smoothly apart from a slight stutter when opening in-game menus/new saves/etc. When the churning noise is happening, Disk Usage in Task Manager runs between 5-30%. Here's some tests I've done so far:

1. Restarted in safe mode, problem persisted.
    2. Optimised hard-drive, now at 0% fragmentation.
    3. Downloaded both of my internal drive's manufacturers update checker exes, no updates available. Ran the hardware tests through those programmes and no problems found.
    4. Disabled all background apps in settings and disabled all apps from opening at start up.

This would all seem to suggest that it's an actual physical issue but since this was all working 100% fine before the windows update I assume it's something to do with that.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Glikk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Glikk, Apr 8, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 8, 2021
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 8, 2021
  4. PC constantly making 'churning' noise after clean Windows install.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

PC constantly making 'churning' noise after clean Windows install.

1. PC constantly making 'churning' noise after clean Windows install. - Similar Threads - constantly making 'churning'

2. My windows 11 is consistantly making a loud churning noise.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 is consistantly making a loud churning noise.: My Windows 11 model has been making continuous churning sounds, however, sometimes it doesn't happen and stops if i just leave it on a page without any videos. This sound sometimes just happens all of a sudden but more often when I just open it. I have tried blowing into the...
  3. My windows 11 is consistantly making a loud churning noise.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 11 is consistantly making a loud churning noise.: My Windows 11 model has been making continuous churning sounds, however, sometimes it doesn't happen and stops if i just leave it on a page without any videos. This sound sometimes just happens all of a sudden but more often when I just open it. I have tried blowing into the...
  4. Windows constantly restarting after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows constantly restarting after clean install: Recently had a problem with not being able to connect to any networks with device manager saying ‘code 56’ on my Wi-Fi card. Tried resetting my pc keeping personal files to have the pc now start black screening and restarting. It happens seemingly randomly whether I log into...
  5. Windows constantly restarting after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows constantly restarting after clean install: Recently had a problem with not being able to connect to any networks with device manager saying ‘code 56’ on my Wi-Fi card. Tried resetting my pc keeping personal files to have the pc now start black screening and restarting. It happens seemingly randomly whether I log into...
  6. Windows constantly restarting after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Constant BSOD after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD after clean install: Hi AllI am getting constant BSOD's every couple of hours, sometimes the PC crashes without a blue screen. I have done a clean install of windows with the same issues persisting, as well as replacing the motherboard and running Memtest which shows 0 issues. these are usually...
  8. Constant BSOD after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant BSOD after clean install: Hi AllI am getting constant BSOD's every couple of hours, sometimes the PC crashes without a blue screen. I have done a clean install of windows with the same issues persisting, as well as replacing the motherboard and running Memtest which shows 0 issues. these are usually...
  9. Constant Bsod after clean installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Bsod after clean installation: Hello everyone, I am getting constant bsod after I completed installation of windows 10. Just when everything is being set up i am getting blue screen saying CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, due to which I am unable to enter the desktop. Before this i had blue screen for MEMORY...
  10. Constant freezes after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant freezes after clean install: I had cause, recently, to do a clean install of my machine, something I do every couple of years or so. Normally I would install Windows 7 then upgrade to windows 10 and that has always worked fine for me, never a problem. However, when I came to do the same method this time,...