Windows 10: PC constantly switching off and restarting automatically

Discus and support PC constantly switching off and restarting automatically in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi My PC is not yet 2 years old. Since the start, I have been experiencing shutdown and automatic restart. Not playing games on this, using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnnaDel, Apr 17, 2020.

1. AnnaDel Win User

PC constantly switching off and restarting automatically

Hi

My PC is not yet 2 years old. Since the start, I have been experiencing shutdown and automatic restart. Not playing games on this, using Microsoft Word for my work and losing everything I've typed when a shutdown occurs. I did a complete wipe of everything on here and a re-install and followed all advice found on Windows re Startup etc etc. Now the problem is happening every day. Is this a Windows issue and if so, how can I fix it myself ? Or could it be a problem with the PC hard drive itself?

Thank you

:)

AnnaDel, Apr 17, 2020

2. Some programs starting automatically after restarting the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the applications are launching automatically when you boot the PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Do you see this behavior with Office applications or all the applications?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Try disabling the Startup items and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows + I keys together to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and then click on
      Startup

3. Now toggle the switch to Off for the applications which are
      starting automatically after restart.

Method 2:

Change the settings to reopen apps after restart.

1. Press Windows + I keys together to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts and then select
      Sign-in options
    3. Under Privacy toggle the switch to
      Off for Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart

In addition, you may want to refer the article
    Change which apps run automatically at startup in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Apr 17, 2020
  4. PC constantly switching off and restarting automatically

Windows 10 PC restarts automatically

Hi Davis,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Does this issue happen after a certain interval of time?
    • Does this issue arise when opening applications?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to:

• Application conflicts.
    • Driver conflicts.
    • Virus attacks.
    • Hardware failure.
    • Corrupted system memory.
    I suggest you to check the Event Viewer and check what’s happening on the computer when the system restarts.

Event viewer-- What is going on
    in your computer

Also please follow the below steps and check if the automatically
    restart the computer
    option is turned on during system failure.

• Press Windows key + R and type sysdm.cpl
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Settings button under
      'Startup and Recovery'
    • check Automatically restart option is been checked.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

PC constantly switching off and restarting automatically

1. PC constantly switching off and restarting automatically - Similar Threads - constantly switching off

2. Pc restart automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc restart automatically: Hi my event logger have spp windows security update then have error code 8193 system restore and then follow by 10000 restarting of pc what is the cause because I'm running a test chamber and my PC need to keep running without restarting how to fixed?...
  3. Pc restart automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc restart automatically: Hi my event logger have spp windows security update then have error code 8193 system restore and then follow by 10000 restarting of pc what is the cause because I'm running a test chamber and my PC need to keep running without restarting how to fixed?...
  4. I shutdown my pc but not switched off, pc restarted itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I shutdown my pc but not switched off, pc restarted itself.: I shutdown my pc but not switched off, pc restarted itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-shutdown-my-pc-but-not-switched-off-pc-restarted/c0045a3d-69cc-407b-ab0b-e82c521202e2
  5. I shutdown my pc but not switched off, pc restarted itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I shutdown my pc but not switched off, pc restarted itself.: I shutdown my pc but not switched off, pc restarted itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-shutdown-my-pc-but-not-switched-off-pc-restarted/c0045a3d-69cc-407b-ab0b-e82c521202e2
  6. PC restarting automatically

PC restarting automatically: My computer restarting automatically, when I tried to browse it will restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-restarting-automatically/a8b59486-3f25-46a2-86b7-4d2a1585f54a
  7. PC constantly restarts

PC constantly restarts: Hi so I’ ve posted about this before, basically my computer keeps on randomly restarting, like if i had hit restart, suddenly turning off and loading the hit del to go to bios screen then windows without my actual pc turning off. I get this error in the event viewer A fatal...
  8. Pc restarts constantly

Pc restarts constantly: My PC constantly restarts the problem started when I did a command prompt diagnosis and attempt to solve problem of not being able to install windows updates but could update windows defender and other software and hardware I did a fresh installation but still same problem Do...
  9. PC restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC restarting automatically: Dear, Kindly check the below error screen short. I did troubleshooting: I removed all drivers and installed updated drivers, diagnosed Computer, checked the ram, Even though I am facing the same problem. kindly need your support and reply in this regards. As I...
  10. Sound devices automatically switching off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound devices automatically switching off: As it says....sound 'device' changing before my eyes....also mutes on/off Have been to device manager...seems best drivers are installed. Have also used troubleshooter.....invariably comes to conclusion that the device is unplugged. Win 10 Pro / 1903 / Build 18362.267...