Windows 10: PC continually pausing

Discus and support PC continually pausing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few weeks back I noticed the mouse cursor started "pausing" as I move it around. It stops then rushes to catch up. It does this continually - every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlanBenn666, Dec 6, 2019.

1. PC continually pausing

A few weeks back I noticed the mouse cursor started "pausing" as I move it around. It stops then rushes to catch up. It does this continually - every 3-4 seconds. I tried several different mice - wireless and corded - all do the same. Now I notice its actually the whole PC that's pausing - video display etc.

I searched online for solutions to the mouse pausing and nothing worked. I even bought a new SSD and did a fresh install of W10 to it and the mouse seemed to be working OK while it was installing, but as soon as the first welcome/browser screen was displayed, the pausing was back.

I've reverted to my original boot disc and now just tried safe mode and in that the system is OK - no pauses. How do I work out whats causing the problem ? Which driver/service/app ?

:)

AlanBenn666, Dec 6, 2019

2. Phenom 9850BE low voltage overclocking results!

well if your going to continue with overclocking, i suggest doing the baby steps thing heh. good luck with the overclocking

eidairaman1, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Mackereth Win User
    Bitlocker Paused Problem

I started encrypting a USB HDD and had to put BitLocker on pause at about 2% using the pause button. When I tried to continue Bitlocker says that the process is still paused and I can't get it to restart. The HDD is now locked with BitLocker. I have tried
    the commands suggested using the command prompt to disable it but just get an error message about being unable to access the drive. I am on a works pc and don't have admin rights. Is it possible to transfer the USB HDD to another PC and try the disable command
    or will it only work on the pc Bitlocker was started on?

Mackereth, Dec 6, 2019
  4. PC continually pausing

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

PC continually pausing

1. PC continually pausing - Similar Threads - continually pausing

2. MIcrosoft index is not working properly and INDEX IS PAUSED problem continues to be there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIcrosoft index is not working properly and INDEX IS PAUSED problem continues to be there: Hello,I am facing a critical issue with Microsoft 11. I have tried rebuilding the index several times and unchecked everything in the index, but it still shows "indexing is paused" after running for a while. This problem is affecting my job, and I regret upgrading to...
  3. MIcrosoft index is not working properly and INDEX IS PAUSED problem continues to be there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIcrosoft index is not working properly and INDEX IS PAUSED problem continues to be there: Hello,I am facing a critical issue with Microsoft 11. I have tried rebuilding the index several times and unchecked everything in the index, but it still shows "indexing is paused" after running for a while. This problem is affecting my job, and I regret upgrading to...
  4. Download paused and doesn't continue even after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download paused and doesn't continue even after reset: My download in Microsoft store paused and it so not getting downloaded. It is not letting me download any other apps. I've even rest microsoft store. Still it doesn't complete or get cancelled. It is stuck like that!...
  5. Download paused and doesn't continue even after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download paused and doesn't continue even after reset: My download in Microsoft store paused and it so not getting downloaded. It is not letting me download any other apps. I've even rest microsoft store. Still it doesn't complete or get cancelled. It is stuck like that!...
  6. Download paused and doesn't continue even after reset

7. Continuing L2TP issue since KB5026372 and our Update Pause is about to Expire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuing L2TP issue since KB5026372 and our Update Pause is about to Expire: Hello,I am working with a group of computers who have had issues downloading files over the L2TP VPN since the update KB5026372.We have tested Updates since this and none have properly resolved the issue and Microsoft doesn't really speak about this issue within it's Build...
  8. Continuing L2TP issue since KB5026372 and our Update Pause is about to Expire

Continuing L2TP issue since KB5026372 and our Update Pause is about to Expire: Hello,I am working with a group of computers who have had issues downloading files over the L2TP VPN since the update KB5026372.We have tested Updates since this and none have properly resolved the issue and Microsoft doesn't really speak about this issue within it's Build...
  9. Windows Search is not indexing file contents and is continually pausing -- any solutions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search is not indexing file contents and is continually pausing -- any solutions?: I'm now having two problems with Windows Search. The newer problem, which is why I created this post, is that Search is no longer returning files whose contents have the search term -- it's just returning the files where the term is in the file properties. To test this, i...
  10. Windows Search is not indexing file contents and is continually pausing -- any solutions?

Windows Search is not indexing file contents and is continually pausing -- any solutions?: I'm now having two problems with Windows Search. The newer problem, which is why I created this post, is that Search is no longer returning files whose contents have the search term -- it's just returning the files where the term is in the file properties. To test this, i...