Windows 10: PC continues to lie to me, causing issues

Discus and support PC continues to lie to me, causing issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BSDuck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dx8bm0/pc_continues_to_lie_to_me_causing_issues/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BSDuck, Nov 16, 2019.

1. /u/BSDuck Win User

PC continues to lie to me, causing issues

/u/BSDuck, Nov 16, 2019

2. Kb3140741 updates Causing issues working on the PC

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Which is the update which is causing your PC issues?
    • What .Net error are you getting?
    • What happens when you login to Safe mode with networking?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check how to uninstall and update.

• Press Start and type View installed updates.
    • Select the update and right click on it, Select Uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 16, 2019
  4. PC continues to lie to me, causing issues

pc attempting to restart continually

Hello Malcolm,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Now, to be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the PC you are referring to?
    • What was the host operating system installed in your PC? If you performed Windows 10 upgrade, was it via Media Creation Tool or through Windows update?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes to the computer, prior to the issue?
    • Did you notice if Windows is trying to configure any settings before failing or crashing out?
    • Do you receive any error messages in the subsequent restart after Windows fails to load at the first instance?
    • Are you able to start the computer normally in Safe Mode with Networking?

(This is a diagnostic step towards identifying and isolating any particular cause to the issue.)

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If you are able to boot the computer normally, I suggest you to check for particular event IDs in the Event Viewer which can help us to ascertain the cause of the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

PC continues to lie to me, causing issues

1. PC continues to lie to me, causing issues - Similar Threads - continues lie causing

2. Single driver causing me issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Single driver causing me issues: I'm not sure what's going on, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-driver-causing-me-issues/8cd5faa7-368c-45fe-b33e-b92784a524b0
  3. Single driver causing me issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single driver causing me issues: I'm not sure what's going on, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-driver-causing-me-issues/8cd5faa7-368c-45fe-b33e-b92784a524b0
  4. Single driver causing me issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can someone please explain to me why my Win10 pro computer continually lies to me?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone please explain to me why my Win10 pro computer continually lies to me?: All of you are chuckling right now. I am not kidding. At least 35% of the time, when I attempt to change the name of a file/folder or move or delete it, this annoying operating system tells me it is open in another application and refuses to to what I told it to do. The truly...
  6. Can someone please explain to me why my Win10 pro computer continually lies to me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone please explain to me why my Win10 pro computer continually lies to me?: All of you are chuckling right now. I am not kidding. At least 35% of the time, when I attempt to change the name of a file/folder or move or delete it, this annoying operating system tells me it is open in another application and refuses to to what I told it to do. The truly...
  7. Can someone please explain to me why my Win10 pro computer continually lies to me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Driver installer is lying to me (Please Help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver installer is lying to me (Please Help): A bit of background: I am, by trade, an IT support technician so I can perform a variety of technical operations, however this particular issue is a personal issue and it has stumped me. Ok ladies and gents, here’s a funny one: I recently set up a small theatre system on the...
  9. And the issues continue...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    And the issues continue...: Okay, So I have managed to upgrade to Win 10 a total of 6 times now, each time I have had to revert back to 7 due to the same set of issues *Mad. Even though I am the 'Owner' of the C:/ drive, I cannot write to it, unless the program I am using (notepad for example) is...
  10. I think Windows is lying to me !!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I think Windows is lying to me !!!: Hi there I can't make sense of the values the task manager is showing -- for starters I'm running VMWARE workstation rel 12 which is 64 bit not 32 bit so why it's reporting a 32 bit application --no idea. I don't believe the VM is 0% CPU either as there's two servers...