Windows 10: PC Continuously Crashing After a Game is Launched. GPU or Memory Issue?

Discus and support PC Continuously Crashing After a Game is Launched. GPU or Memory Issue? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC continuously crashes after the GPU is strained, even if it's just a little bit. The issue can't be traced to overheating since my PC typically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YurtMcCurt, Mar 17, 2020.

1. PC Continuously Crashing After a Game is Launched. GPU or Memory Issue?

My PC continuously crashes after the GPU is strained, even if it's just a little bit. The issue can't be traced to overheating since my PC typically crashes around 50 degrees Celsius. It consistently crashes around a minute or two after booting up a game, problem is consistent between two different launchers that I've tried Steam and GOG Galaxy and whenever I ran Heaven benchmark the PC would crash in under a minute. I wasn't running any other application except for MSI Afterburner to monitor heat and memory usage, I've noticed that the memory usage would be high but that my PC would only crash if I had heaven benchmark open, but if I alt tabbed the PC wouldn't crash, I'm still not entirely certain if the issue can be traced back to my GPU or memory though.

I've tried upgrading my drivers for my GPU but that didn't seem to stop my PC from crashing whenever I ran a GPU intensive application. I'm struggling to identify what part of my PC is malfunctioning since I'm brand new to PCs and I really need assistance since I've been unsuccessful so far and nothing seems to work while things seem to be getting worse, please help, thanks.

Specs

• GPU: MSI Radeon RX570 OC Edition 4GB GDDR5
    • CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz
    • Memory: Corsair 2x8GB 2133MHz
    • 1T SSD
    • PSU: CX 550M
    • Motherboard: AsRock B450M

:)

YurtMcCurt, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

3. Network issues when a game is launched.

Hi MichaelEngen,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Have you performed a full PC virus scan recently?
    3. Is the PC up to date with all pending updates installed on the PC?
    4. Which game are you referring to?
    5. What is the make and model of the PC?
    6. When you say ‘logged out’, are you referring to the logout from the game or the PC?

We understand that though there is a good internet connection, you are facing issues while a game is launched.

Suggest you to troubleshoot wireless connection and check if that makes any difference. ‘Fix
    network connection issues in Windows
    ’.

Note: The steps to turn off a firewall depend on the firewall software you’re using. Check the documentation for your firewall software to learn how to turn it off. Make sure you turn it back on as soon as you can. Not having a firewall turned on makes
    your PC more vulnerable.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 17, 2020
  4. LSOreli Win User

PC Continuously Crashing After a Game is Launched. GPU or Memory Issue?

Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart

I was having similar issues on windows 7 X64, recently updated to 10, issues are still here. Computer will crash during gaming, sometimes it lasts a while or crashes pretty immediately, afterwards, attempting to start the computer will trigger many crashes during startup.

Errors all appeared to be in the kernal, suspect a hardware issue. PSU? Memory? Possibly GPU?

Steps I have taken:

-Complete reinstall and update to ten
    -Update Motherboard Drivers
    -Update GPU drivers
    -Update DX
    -Memtest (Pass) (considering running again)
    -ChkDsk (Pass)
    -SFC (some errors found that cannot be fixed)
    -Reseated/Cleaned memory and GPU
    -Dusted and cleaned inside of case
    -Tested power supply (slightly undervolt i.e. 4.9 on 5 lead 11.9 on 12 lead)

Steps I have not taken

-Flash BIOS
    -Throw computer out of the window

Please find attached the requested dump logs,

As a side note, windows ten doesn't appear to blue screen, it just crashes.

Please help!

Thank you for your attention.

LSOreli, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

PC Continuously Crashing After a Game is Launched. GPU or Memory Issue?

1. PC Continuously Crashing After a Game is Launched. GPU or Memory Issue? - Similar Threads - Continuously Crashing Game

2. PC/GPU Crashes After Closing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC/GPU Crashes After Closing Games: Screen freezes or goes blank after closing down any video game. Have tried updating the Nvidia Driver and running a SFC SCANNOW; however, the issue persists.PC Specs are:i7-10700F CPU16GB RAMNvidia RTX 3060ti GPUWindows 11 HomeI would be grateful for any support....
  3. PC/GPU Crashes After Closing Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC/GPU Crashes After Closing Games: Screen freezes or goes blank after closing down any video game. Have tried updating the Nvidia Driver and running a SFC SCANNOW; however, the issue persists.PC Specs are:i7-10700F CPU16GB RAMNvidia RTX 3060ti GPUWindows 11 HomeI would be grateful for any support....
  4. PC crashes when launching most games

PC crashes when launching most games: It first started out with being unable to launch Genshin/Honkai Star Rail; both would crash or sometimes even crash the PC. Now it just crashes the PC, and it has begun to affect less intensive games like the Google Play Games emulator and Lethal Company. If I just stick to...
  5. PC crashes when launching most games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes when launching most games: It first started out with being unable to launch Genshin/Honkai Star Rail; both would crash or sometimes even crash the PC. Now it just crashes the PC, and it has begun to affect less intensive games like the Google Play Games emulator and Lethal Company. If I just stick to...
  6. PC crash and BSOD on game launch Fortnite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash and BSOD on game launch Fortnite: Hey guys,Whenever i launch fortnite on my pc today the first time i got the BSOD and after retrying starting it my pc just keeps going in a black screen and all i can see if my mouse cursor for a bit and then nothing happens. My screen flicks back on sometimes but i just have...
  7. PC crash and BSOD on game launch Fortnite

PC crash and BSOD on game launch Fortnite: Hey guys,Whenever i launch fortnite on my pc today the first time i got the BSOD and after retrying starting it my pc just keeps going in a black screen and all i can see if my mouse cursor for a bit and then nothing happens. My screen flicks back on sometimes but i just have...
  8. PC crashes when launching a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when launching a game: Issue is self explanatory, whenever I launch a game the pc blue screens giving the stopcode: BAD POOL CALLER, OR KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION.things I tried:updating/rolling back graphics card drivers.scanning SSD health.doing a system memory health check.uninstalling anything...
  9. PC crashes when launching a game

PC crashes when launching a game: Issue is self explanatory, whenever I launch a game the pc blue screens giving the stopcode: BAD POOL CALLER, OR KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION.things I tried:updating/rolling back graphics card drivers.scanning SSD health.doing a system memory health check.uninstalling anything...
  10. PC Crashes after launching a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes after launching a game: I built my first PC around three weeks ago and it ran well for the first week and a half, but since then I have experienced this issue where the PC will crash, show me a black screen, and then reboot. I have occasionally received Blue Screen of death with the following error...