Windows 10: PC continuously has a BSOD every few hours of use

Discus and support PC continuously has a BSOD every few hours of use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I receive occasional BSODs on my Windows 10 PC if I am using the PC and it's not in sleep it occurs every 0-8hrs doesn't matter if I am using chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JFKlein, Jun 24, 2021.

1. JFKlein Win User

PC continuously has a BSOD every few hours of use

Hi,I receive occasional BSODs on my Windows 10 PC if I am using the PC and it's not in sleep it occurs every 0-8hrs doesn't matter if I am using chrome or playing games. This issue has been occurring for a few months now.I initially thought my memory was an issue so I ran memtest86 with 4 passes but no errors came up. I then completely wiped my PC and re-installed windows 10 from USB but the BSODs still occur. Therefore, I assume it is a hardware issue but am not sure which piece of hardware is causing the problems. Please note I have upgraded my GPU and the BSODs occurred both before and af

:)

JFKlein, Jun 24, 2021

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jun 24, 2021
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    PC continuously has a BSOD every few hours of use [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

1. PC continuously has a BSOD every few hours of use - Similar Threads - continuously has BSOD

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. BSOD every few hours with new set of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every few hours with new set of RAM: Hi!I recently got another identical set of DDR5 RAM sticks for my system and they are now causing a BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stated as the cause. This happens every few hours, but as far as I can tell, there is no regularity to it. However, all the minidump files...
  5. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  6. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  7. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  9. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...
  10. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...