Windows 10: PC- CR rom game wont load

Discus and support PC- CR rom game wont load in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a new windows 10 computer and I want to play my cd-rom game that I purchased several years ago.... tonight I went to load it on my new computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ASpeed6456, Jan 1, 2021.

1. PC- CR rom game wont load

I have a new windows 10 computer and I want to play my cd-rom game that I purchased several years ago.... tonight I went to load it on my new computer and it will not even read that the disc is in the drive.. what can I do to get it to even recognize that it is in the drive..???

Thanks

:)

ASpeed6456, Jan 1, 2021

2. Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Jan 1, 2021
  3. problems with loading pc-cd rom games in windows 10

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    • Is the issue specific to a single game?
    I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode and check if it resolves the issue.

Please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 1, 2021
  4. PC- CR rom game wont load

problems with loading pc-cd rom games in windows 10

still unable to load PC CD-Rom games on my machine. The computer is an HP Pavillion Intel Pentium G2030T 2.6 GHz with 6 Gbits installed RAM. It is 2 years old and came pre installed with Windows 8 operating system. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and all
    the updates since. The PC CD-ROM games discs used to work perfectly well on Windows 98. XP, 8 and 8.1 but now will not work. I went back to 8.1 and still they do not work. Before loading Windows 10 I went through all the compatability checks for my computer,
    made sure that all 8.1 updates had been loaded and thought I was set ready for the upgrade. I do not know what to do to restore use-ability on these games, and replacing the computer for an older version is not an option. Does anybody out there have any ideas
    or fixes for me please.

AdrianSquires, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

PC- CR rom game wont load

1. PC- CR rom game wont load - Similar Threads - rom game wont

2. CD/ROM Wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/ROM Wont work: Hi There,So, i just found my old laptop Acer Extensa 4620When i turned it on it boots normaly, but when i inserted a cd drive it dosent detect anything.then i think that the driver is outdated or dosent installed, so i donwloaded Driver booster, but when i scroll down i found...
  3. CD/ROM Wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/ROM Wont work: Hi There,So, i just found my old laptop Acer Extensa 4620When i turned it on it boots normaly, but when i inserted a cd drive it dosent detect anything.then i think that the driver is outdated or dosent installed, so i donwloaded Driver booster, but when i scroll down i found...
  4. efi aborted rom image is not loaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    efi aborted rom image is not loaded: It suddenly showed after i restarted my pc, after i updated my drivers. Then i forced to restart it or override boot it worked and loaded again on windows. But everytime I restart or open my pc it goes to bios and that shows...
  5. efi aborted rom image is not loaded

efi aborted rom image is not loaded: It suddenly showed after i restarted my pc, after i updated my drivers. Then i forced to restart it or override boot it worked and loaded again on windows. But everytime I restart or open my pc it goes to bios and that shows...
  6. efi aborted rom image is not loaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. i want to claim deals on xbox game pass on pc but they wont load

i want to claim deals on xbox game pass on pc but they wont load: for whatever reasonthe deals just say because of a problem u cant acces this deal now please try again later. its been 2 days and its still there ive tried re-installing and restarting my pc but for whatever reason its only on my acc not on my brothers on there its fine...
  8. My pc wont load anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc wont load anything: Firstly, it takes three minutes for my pc to boot up. And once in finally in, it takes 5 minutes for me to load applications, even something as simple as Google. I've checked for viruses, gotten rid of all cookies, cleaned out junk files, and done just about everything I can...
  9. CD-ROM Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD-ROM Games: I'm trying to run a CD-ROM game that's compatible for Windows 3.1 and 95. I know that there's a way to run other Windows version, but I'm not sure how to do it for CD games. I tried following directions from another post, but there's no compatiblity tab when I click...
  10. pc dvd rom game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc dvd rom game: Can someone explain to me how to install the pc dvd rom game Terrifying Tales 2 onto my aspire es 15 laptop???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-dvd-rom-game/aa40e59c-0c1d-495d-b366-dc577fcd963b