Windows 10: PC Crash Then No Hard Drive Detected

Discus and support PC Crash Then No Hard Drive Detected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC using Windows 10 has crashed for a second time in two weeks. I am a able to boot using a Kapersky boot disk and then the PC will operate as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IshCabibble77, Mar 12, 2019.

1. PC Crash Then No Hard Drive Detected

My PC using Windows 10 has crashed for a second time in two weeks. I am a able to boot using a Kapersky boot disk and then the PC will operate as normal. However after this most recent crash I ran a diagnostics tool by PC-Doctor and it gave an error code: BIOHD-2, warning: No drives detected. I re-seated the cables for the hard drive but it didn't solve the problem. I then ran the Kapersky boot disk from a CD and the computer again works fine. I ran updated Windows 10, ran several anti-virus, anti-malware programs and nothing detected. I am at a lose. Why is the computer crashing? And then Why does it not see the hard drive? Thank you PC Crash Then No Hard Drive Detected :)

:)

IshCabibble77, Mar 12, 2019

2. My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Hello Lingam,

As you are facing issues with accessing hard drive on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the hard drive?

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 12, 2019
  3. SVLingam Win User
    My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Thanks for your response.

I have tried all the steps provided, however in vain. The external hard drive is not identified at all in any of the the USB ports when connected. The USB ports identify other external Flash drives and devices. However this drive is detected in another laptop
    using Windows 7 OS. Please advise further.

Regards

SVLingam, Mar 12, 2019
  4. PC Crash Then No Hard Drive Detected

Simple tech Hard drive not recognized

Hi Venu Gopal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Hard drive is not getting detected when connected. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you referring to external hard drive or the internal hard drive?
    • If external hard drive, Are you getting any error message when you try to connect?
    • Is the Same hard drive detecting in any other machines?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

PC Crash Then No Hard Drive Detected

1. PC Crash Then No Hard Drive Detected - Similar Threads - Crash Hard Drive

2. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive not detected: hard drive not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/48576ba9-4421-4ddc-b6dc-3473fea08eee
  3. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard drive not detected: hard drive not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/48576ba9-4421-4ddc-b6dc-3473fea08eee
  4. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Second Hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Hard drive not detected: So my friend has a hard drive that fully works but he wants to recover his data. I plug it in to my computer and it’s not detected on file explorer. It is detected on Disk management. I want to access through file explorer. I try to assign a letter but it doesn’t work. I need...
  6. Second Hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Hard drive not detected: So my friend has a hard drive that fully works but he wants to recover his data. I plug it in to my computer and it’s not detected on file explorer. It is detected on Disk management. I want to access through file explorer. I try to assign a letter but it doesn’t work. I need...
  7. HARD DRIVE CRASH

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HARD DRIVE CRASH: sony vaio model - SVE14132CXB, hard drive crash. what do I do. how to recover original windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crash/82cc9941-b4d6-4434-9b18-e33b92382494
  8. External Hard Drives and Card Readers are not detecting on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drives and Card Readers are not detecting on PC: Running Windows 10 assume the latest version on a HP computer.... 1. Computer will not read a 1TB toshiba portable hard drive, I have tried lots of things and computer will still not recognise it - please do not ask me to format because I cannot even get the drive to come...
  9. Hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not detected: What could be the possible reason that my external hard drive is not appearing on the pc bios screen but working with my mobile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/6757b01a-2bbc-48d4-a3f3-b128115ee10f"
  10. Hard drive crash.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive crash.: Need to install a new SSD and am not sure how to get the Windows Key needed for 10 installation? My computer was upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and I supposedly have a digital entitlement....