Windows 10: PC crash then reboot 5700XT

Discus and support PC crash then reboot 5700XT in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having this problem for quite few months. My PC will first start blinking and blackout when playing game, then it will fully crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Monoese, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Monoese Win User

PC crash then reboot 5700XT

Hello,

I have been having this problem for quite few months. My PC will first start blinking and blackout when playing game, then it will fully crash and reboot itself within a few seconds. I am using a system with AMD Ryzen 3600 CPU and AMD 5700 XT GPU. This problem occurs occasionally for every 2 - 3 weeks and it seems to only happen when I am playing a game, EVE Online. It could be that I keep the game running for most of the time so the crash coincide with the game running? I have got the description file about the problem from reliability monitor, and uploaded them to My Google drive. The link is attached as the below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1571kIsUjmILaMZ9gQyfPF2wgN1KY5IGm?usp=sharing

==============================================

Source

Windows

Summary

Hardware error

Date

‎10/‎22/‎2020 7:23 PM

Status

Not reported

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffffce089ff02050

Parameter 2: fffff80129e0b820

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: fac

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.121

Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem

WATCHDOG-20201022-1923.dmp

sysdata.xml

WERInternalMetadata.xml

WERInternalRequest.xml

memory.csv

sysinfo.txt

==============================================================

Please help if there is a solution or you can tell what is causing the crash.

Thanks!

:)

Monoese, Oct 22, 2020

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Oct 22, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

1. PC crash then reboot 5700XT - Similar Threads - crash reboot 5700XT

2. PC crashed for a few seconds and then rebooted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashed for a few seconds and then rebooted: Specs:MSI Z690 PRO A WIFIINTEL i7 12700KNVIDIA RTX 3080 12GBLIAN LI 360 GALAHAD AIOT-FORCE 32GB RAM 3200MHZKINGSTON KC2500 2TBEvent viewer states this "A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event."...
  3. PC crashed for a few seconds and then rebooted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashed for a few seconds and then rebooted: Specs:MSI Z690 PRO A WIFIINTEL i7 12700KNVIDIA RTX 3080 12GBLIAN LI 360 GALAHAD AIOT-FORCE 32GB RAM 3200MHZKINGSTON KC2500 2TBEvent viewer states this "A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event."...
  4. PC crashing and rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing and rebooting: I keep on getting error code 1001 have the mini dumps if someone who understands them is able to help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashing-and-rebooting/c5af1dbd-719f-4fe3-b8d4-a90288406104
  5. PC crashing and rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing and rebooting: I keep on getting error code 1001 have the mini dumps if someone who understands them is able to help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashing-and-rebooting/c5af1dbd-719f-4fe3-b8d4-a90288406104
  6. PC crashing and rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC crashing and rebooting with blue screen

PC crashing and rebooting with blue screen: Whenever I use my pc for long, my pc reboots with the blue screen system failure. I tried the upgrade fix and some other things but it didn't fixed my issue. Here are the links of my mini dump files please check and help....
  8. PC Crashing and won't reboot immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing and won't reboot immediately: Specs: Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz RAM 16,0GB Dual-Channel HYPERX @ 1333MHz Motherboard MSI Z170A GAMING M7 MS-7976 U3E1 Graphics 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Power Supply Cooler Master G750M...
  9. PC Crashing and rebooting by itself

PC Crashing and rebooting by itself: I get the The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffe0e0fadf4f0, 0xfffffe0e0fadf448, 0x0000000000000000. error, can't find the reason for it. Always it's while playing P3d. I am posting my Memory.dmp file though not sure why it's so heavy, maybe cause I have...
  10. PC Crashes to Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Crashes to Reboot: Lately, every so often my PC has been crashing and then rebooting itself, I am at a loss on where the issue may be and where the best place to start troubleshooting is, I have also been having a few other problems, FPS drops, Nvidia driver crashes. Im not sure if GPU issues...