Windows 10: PC Crash with Memory Dump File

Discus and support PC Crash with Memory Dump File in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Posted about this before, though this time I think I've narrowed down the problem. Just need someone to take a look at the memory dump file to confirm.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Akhos1234, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Akhos1234 Win User

PC Crash with Memory Dump File

Posted about this before, though this time I think I've narrowed down the problem. Just need someone to take a look at the memory dump file to confirm.

Basically my PC will sometimes randomly crash, just freezing and then the screen goes black but it just sits there with the fans humming. I have to hit the reset button to get it to restart, at which point it usually will run fine. It doesn't generate a memory dump file 95% of the time though and a lot of the time the reliability monitor doesn't even detect a crash like a LiveKernelEvent or anything, it just says Windows was not shut down correctly from my reset, which makes diagnosing the crashes extremely difficult.

The last time it *did* produce a memory dump file, I posted about it here, and it apparently was some issue with the graphics card. I updated the driver and that had it running smoothly for about a week straight, but then the issues started happening again and I've been waiting for it to actually produce a memory dump file since then. My suspicion at the moment is the graphics card is what's randomly having issues which is causing the freezing and black screen though still odd that windows isn't detecting the actual error most of the time, but I don't have an extra graphics card to test with right now. Hoping someone can take a look at the memory dump file and confirm that it was another error with the graphics card, and if so, I'll look into replacing it in the near future. The latest graphics driver was released in September, which is what I currently have.

Memory dump file link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g239x4a7uykspoo/MEMORY.DMP/file

:)

Akhos1234, Oct 24, 2020
  2. garyinhere, Oct 24, 2020
  3. What Is Memory Dump?

No. Memory dump and being low on memory are entirely two different things.

Dump file, as the name suggests is a copy of what was in your RAM when your system crashed with a Blue screen of Death.

If your system is low on memory, you might need to add RAM to the device. How much RAM is currently installed?

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 24, 2020
  4. PC Crash with Memory Dump File

Need help analyzing dump file.

If your computer crashes, how can you find out what happened, fix the issue and it prevent it from happening again? You may find the small memory dump file useful in this situation. The small memory dump file contains
    the smallest amount of useful information that could help you identify why your computer crashed. The memory dump file contains the following information:
    • The Stop message, its parameters and other data
    • A list of loaded drivers
    • The processor context (PRCB) for the processor that stopped
    • The process information and kernel context (EPROCESS) for the process that stopped
    • The process information and kernel context (ETHREAD) for the thread that stopped
    • The Kernel-mode call stack for the thread that stopped
    To create a memory dump file, Windows requires a paging file on the boot volume that is at least 2 megabytes (MB) in size. On computers that are running Microsoft Windows 2000, or a later version of Windows, a new memory
    dump file is created each time that a computer crash may occur. A history of these files is stored in a folder. If a second problem occurs and if Windows creates a second small memory dump file, Windows preserves the previous file. Windows gives each file
    a distinct, date-encoded file name. For example, Mini022900-01.dmp is the first memory dump file that was generated on February 29, 2000. Windows keeps a list of all the small memory dump files in the %SystemRoot%\Minidump folder.

The small memory dump file can be useful when hard disk space is limited. However, because of the limited information that is included, errors that were not directly caused by the thread that was running at the time of
    the problem may not be discovered by an analysis of this file.

WilliamSuiter1, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

PC Crash with Memory Dump File

1. PC Crash with Memory Dump File - Similar Threads - Crash Memory Dump

2. pc crashing. dump file saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc crashing. dump file saved: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gMsbp1Gl6qzrf1B8B7bRy9Ob9tssYliy/view?usp=sharingMy new pc was acting strange while gaming iracing. I would get a micro stutter every few seconds. It was very rhythmic. Now the PC keeps crashing. A dump file was saved only once. system...
  3. Memory Dump File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Dump File: My laptop blue screens about once every week and it is always a really quick blue screen flash and then restart so I don't have a chance to read the error message. I can never find my dumpfile after the crash. I have reinstalled windows on my computer and set it to automatic...
  4. Memory Dump File

Memory Dump File: My laptop blue screens about once every week and it is always a really quick blue screen flash and then restart so I don't have a chance to read the error message. I can never find my dumpfile after the crash. I have reinstalled windows on my computer and set it to automatic...
  5. PC keeps crashing Memory dumps included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing Memory dumps included: Pc laptop keep crashing, when I check reliability monitor it gave me the following descriptionsDate:9/19/2023 9:16PMDescriptionThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xfffff80749a147e1, 0x0000000000000010, 0xfffff80749a147e1,...
  6. PC keeps crashing Memory dumps included

PC keeps crashing Memory dumps included: Pc laptop keep crashing, when I check reliability monitor it gave me the following descriptionsDate:9/19/2023 9:16PMDescriptionThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xfffff80749a147e1, 0x0000000000000010, 0xfffff80749a147e1,...
  7. PC keeps crashing Memory dumps included

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC crashes with no dump files

PC crashes with no dump files: I built a brand new computer a few months ago and have been having random crashes. I am usually playing a game, and using multiple browser windows, Twitch and YouTube, all at the same time. My computer will mostly freeze. The game I'm playing will stop responding, the sound...
  9. PC Crash with Memory Dump

PC Crash with Memory Dump: It happens somewhat intermittently, but my PC will randomly hang up and restart, and I haven't been able to figure out why. Sometimes it just hangs up while a buzzing noise comes from the speakers before it restarts itself, or sometimes the audio gets distorted for a while...
  10. Windows crash with memory dump

Windows crash with memory dump: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff80638573358. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 9992c0d6-5643-467b-bdc2-e307c6b511c0....