Windows 10: PC crashed and I can't get into windows now

Discus and support PC crashed and I can't get into windows now in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so when I boot up it takes me into the system recovery environment. All the Things I've tried to get it working that haven't worked or gave an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spaciousmind, Oct 27, 2019.

1. PC crashed and I can't get into windows now

so when I boot up it takes me into the system recovery environment.

All the Things I've tried to get it working that haven't worked or gave an error message:
    Reset PC
    Uninstall updates
    System Restore (no restore points)
    Startup Repair ----
    it generates a log file that says 'Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem.'
    I don't know if this is relevant but all the error codes are 0x0 except for 'Check for installed LCU. which says completed successfully. Error code = 0x1160

Not sure if it's something to do with one of my hard drives, my windows used to be on c: drive but now I see it's located on g: drive. Although I think that might have been due to the unsuccessful reset computer attempt?

there's a disklayout.txt file in g://window/system32/logfiles/srt
    which lists all the harddrives as healthy but my SSD (which was my c drive) seems to be labeled 'system rese' of 100mb with a RAW partition of 74GB.

Hopefully the SSD is still good, how do I go about checking it and/or reinstalling windows in the right place given that the system reset didn't work.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated thanks!!!!

:)

spaciousmind, Oct 27, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 27, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 27, 2019
  4. PC crashed and I can't get into windows now

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

PC crashed and I can't get into windows now

1. PC crashed and I can't get into windows now - Similar Threads - crashed can't

2. Can't install Windows after crash and automatic repair failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Windows after crash and automatic repair failure: [IMG][IMG] Can't install window The picture above show the issues encountered. This happened after sudden Windows crash and after it failed to boot and stuck on the automatic repair...
  3. Upgraded to Version 1903 recently; lots of problems since then. Firefox (crashes; can't...

Upgraded to Version 1903 recently; lots of problems since then. Firefox (crashes; can't...: Hi, All the problems started within 24 hours after upgrading to Version 1903. My computer worked perfectly before that. Windows 10 pro; 64 bit, desktop Plenty of space, etc. No viruses, malware, etc. I use Kaspersky total security (paused to troubleshoot also);...
  4. I can't disable Hardware acceleration. All my games crash on launch.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't disable Hardware acceleration. All my games crash on launch.: I have looked and tried and looked. I don't know what to do. I can't watch videos because all of them look corrupt. My games crash on launch. Can someone help? submitted by /u/Souptopus [link] [comments]...
  5. I can't update my Windows without crashing my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't update my Windows without crashing my PC: As shown in this picture, I can no longer update then shutdown my pc. Instead I must update then restart, which crashes my pc upon restart 100% of the time. Can anyone help me? submitted by /u/H4RT0R [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't recover from crash caused by sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't recover from crash caused by sfc /scannow: Have not been able to recover my pc after running sfc /scannow utility. I have tried rolling back to previous working restored point. Have also tried usb recovery with no success and at a loss for next step to try recovery choice. My winver is 2017090 16299-1004 And as a...
  7. Hey so Windows Update has destroyed my C: drive and causes constant crashes and I can't...

Hey so Windows Update has destroyed my C: drive and causes constant crashes and I can't...: Just like the title states, my laptop is borderline UNUSABLE. I have cleaned out LITERALLY everything, I ran CHKDSK and repaired it, but I'm still getting bluescreens, none of my apps open properly (except Chrome, which is what I'm using to type this), and not even the...
  8. Splwow64 and WMI Provider Host crashed - can't print

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Splwow64 and WMI Provider Host crashed - can't print: Hi - Thanks for your help! We have a PC running on Windows 10 and a HP PageWide Pro MFP477dw printer. We have been able to print on this printer for a long time then it stopped allowing this printer to be the default printer and would not print anything. While I was...
  9. Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing: I am attempting to back up my iPhone XS Max on the photos app. I plug my phone in through USB, go into the app and import from a USB device, then it goes to the "looking for photos and videos screen." This is where the problem comes up. Every time, it finds 4748 items to...
  10. Windows Crashed, Can't Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Crashed, Can't Reboot: Hello, I'm sure there are many threads of this sort, but I am new to Windows so I desperate for help. I recently purchased a custom built computer from a coworker with Windows 10 already loaded. It's been working perfectly for a month, however last night it crashed all the...