Windows 10: PC crashed and I can't get into windows now

Discus and support PC crashed and I can't get into windows now in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so when I boot up it takes me into the system recovery environment. All the Things I've tried to get it working that haven't worked or gave an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spaciousmind, Oct 27, 2019.

1. PC crashed and I can't get into windows now

so when I boot up it takes me into the system recovery environment.

All the Things I've tried to get it working that haven't worked or gave an error message:
    Reset PC
    Uninstall updates
    System Restore (no restore points)
    Startup Repair ----
    it generates a log file that says 'Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem.'
    I don't know if this is relevant but all the error codes are 0x0 except for 'Check for installed LCU. which says completed successfully. Error code = 0x1160

Not sure if it's something to do with one of my hard drives, my windows used to be on c: drive but now I see it's located on g: drive. Although I think that might have been due to the unsuccessful reset computer attempt?

there's a disklayout.txt file in g://window/system32/logfiles/srt
    which lists all the harddrives as healthy but my SSD (which was my c drive) seems to be labeled 'system rese' of 100mb with a RAW partition of 74GB.

Hopefully the SSD is still good, how do I go about checking it and/or reinstalling windows in the right place given that the system reset didn't work.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated thanks!!!!

:)

spaciousmind, Oct 27, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 27, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 27, 2019
  4. PC crashed and I can't get into windows now

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

PC crashed and I can't get into windows now

1. PC crashed and I can't get into windows now - Similar Threads - crashed can't

2. I can't connect to any network. The driver crashed out of nowhere. I didn't update the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to any network. The driver crashed out of nowhere. I didn't update the...: One network adapter shows '!'. I tried to update but it shows 'The best drivers are already installed'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-to-any-network-the-driver-crashed/08450f22-6a9e-4424-834a-2b9dc5dc2706
  3. I can't connect to any network. The driver crashed out of nowhere. I didn't update the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to any network. The driver crashed out of nowhere. I didn't update the...: One network adapter shows '!'. I tried to update but it shows 'The best drivers are already installed'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-to-any-network-the-driver-crashed/08450f22-6a9e-4424-834a-2b9dc5dc2706
  4. I can't connect to any network. The driver crashed out of nowhere. I didn't update the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Windows 11 System has a BSOD crash I can't figure out the source of and it only shows up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 System has a BSOD crash I can't figure out the source of and it only shows up...: I have been trying to fix this problem for months but I don't know what to do. Random BSODS interupt me when I play games. The last BSOD was listed as error 0x0000004e. I want to try and fix it before reseting the PC and losing an unknown amount of things off my drives....
  6. My Windows 11 System has a BSOD crash I can't figure out the source of and it only shows up...

My Windows 11 System has a BSOD crash I can't figure out the source of and it only shows up...: I have been trying to fix this problem for months but I don't know what to do. Random BSODS interupt me when I play games. The last BSOD was listed as error 0x0000004e. I want to try and fix it before reseting the PC and losing an unknown amount of things off my drives....
  7. Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes: Hi,PC bluescreens more frequently the longer it's been on. Sometimes the pc just freezes without bdos. I did not upgrade or change any hardware. Event viewer doesn't tell me anything. I've tried updating drivers gpu, network, etc., running system scans sfc sannow & antivirus,...
  8. Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes

Can't figure out what causes bsod/crashes: Hi,PC bluescreens more frequently the longer it's been on. Sometimes the pc just freezes without bdos. I did not upgrade or change any hardware. Event viewer doesn't tell me anything. I've tried updating drivers gpu, network, etc., running system scans sfc sannow & antivirus,...
  9. Can't connect my laptop to the wifi and taskbar crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect my laptop to the wifi and taskbar crashes: I'm currently having a problem with my HP laptop 17-cn0013dx, where it doesn't want to display wifi connections plus the taskbar crashes and freezes. The first thing happened when I opened my laptop and no wifi connections were showing up, thinking it simply needed a reroot,...
  10. Can't connect my laptop to the wifi and taskbar crashes

Can't connect my laptop to the wifi and taskbar crashes: I'm currently having a problem with my HP laptop 17-cn0013dx, where it doesn't want to display wifi connections plus the taskbar crashes and freezes. The first thing happened when I opened my laptop and no wifi connections were showing up, thinking it simply needed a reroot,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 errro 0x1160