Windows 10: PC crashed and won’t restart.

Discus and support PC crashed and won’t restart. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; BSOD states: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’ll restart for you. If you’d like to know more, you can search online later for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EvanHughes1, Jul 11, 2020.

1. PC crashed and won’t restart.

BSOD states: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’ll restart for you. If you’d like to know more, you can search online later for this error:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED iaStorA.sys

I then get a the following dialogue box: Restore7.exe - Application Error with a message refering to an unknown software exeption, says Click OK to terminate the program, restarts, and I get the same again.

I’ve reinstalled Windows twice recently following persistent crashing. MS advisor thought my Hard Drive is the problem, I’m in need of a second opinion.

Thank you in advance.

:)

EvanHughes1, Jul 11, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 11, 2020
  3. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Jul 11, 2020
  4. PC crashed and won’t restart.

Windows 10, Will not restart after System Restore.

Hi Michael,

We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to perform a Power drain by following the steps provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.

If the issue still persists,

Check if the system boots to Safe mode using the ISO by following the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer. (If you’re not seeing this screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to boot from media,
      and then try again.)
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select 5 or F5 to restart you PC in Safe Mode with Networking. If your PC won’t start in Safe Mode with Networking, try steps 2-4 again, and then, after your PC restarts, select 3 or F3 to
      Enable low-resolution video.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

PC crashed and won’t restart.

1. PC crashed and won’t restart. - Similar Threads - crashed won’t restart

2. PC Crash/Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crash/Restart: I keep getting this error whenever i try to run any games or rendering software. The computer will suddenly go black and do a full system restart everytime. - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  3. PC Crash/Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crash/Restart: I keep getting this error whenever i try to run any games or rendering software. The computer will suddenly go black and do a full system restart everytime. - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  4. Pc won’t restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc won’t restart: My pc has recently went into recovery mode and when I try to reset it . It doesn’t work and I forgot my password to my admin account and I can’t recover it , is there anything else I can do ??...
  5. PC won’t shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won’t shutdown/restart: I don’t know if this has to do with a new windows update but recently my PC doesn’t fully shutdown or restart. When doing so, it prompts the usual “shutting down...” or “restarting...” for a lot longer than it normally does. Then, my monitors turn off but the tower stays on,...
  6. crashes and restart PC

crashes and restart PC: Hi there, I`ve red the topic about error logs and I need some help with frequent crashes which occurs after I tried an overclocking AMD Ryzen 3 3200G and a Radeon RX 570. I saved the errors here https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al2PWbTmG-HmrSkuJ_BwORSMgQcF?e=4HLVK8 Thanks to all!...
  7. I my pc won’t restart

I my pc won’t restart: My pc wont reset to factory settings snd i have tried everything that has been advised! I cant load cmd with admin i cant get no where with the codes sent by microsoft help, start up repair doesnt work and im just ready to give up...
  8. Won’t restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Won’t restart: So I’ve been looking around for someone with the same problem, can’t find anyone. So I’ve decided to write it myself... So, I wanted to get a new game but I realized that my pc is really slow and laggy. I asked a couple friends about this since they were the ones that...
  9. My pc won’t let me restart

My pc won’t let me restart: I think i downloaded a virus and i cant reset my laptop everytime i try and put reset this pc it opens up the settings and when i put get started nothing happens and i dont have alot of disk space to download any repair progams onto my laptop...
  10. PC Crashes on restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC Crashes on restart: Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC, it always crashes on the shut down screen then I will have to force shut down by holding down the power button.. I'm running my OS on a SSD and it is 100% healthy, does anyone know any way to fix this? I believe it could be...