Windows 10: PC Crashed during Win update

Discus and support PC Crashed during Win update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC is now stuck when opening up or closing down, I can get to the safe mode and the Troubleshoot page after 3 failed attempts to boot. nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kencharlton, Mar 13, 2020.

1. PC Crashed during Win update

My PC is now stuck when opening up or closing down, I can get to the safe mode and the Troubleshoot page after 3 failed attempts to boot.

nothing works , I tried :

1. Uninstall updates it says there is one pending and cant do it
    2. reset pc goes through the motions 20%-100% restart your pc ---same issue
    3. system restore , cant find a restore point
    4. system recovery cant find image
    5. startup repair finds nothing

from x:>

1. bootrec.exe/rebuildbcd
    2. /fixmbr
    3. /fixboot

3rd party

Acronis recovery disc , cant find the Acronis image either .

Also noticed to log into my PC it asks for my OLD password from last year not my current one . I have reused the SSD from my old PC as the SSD is less that 12 months old .

Please help

ken

new PC

AMD 5 3600

16Gb RAM

Crucial mx250

AMD RX590 Graphics

last time I had something similar it was the BIOS corrupted , hopefully this is not the case

:)

Kencharlton, Mar 13, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. John Vil Win User

PC Crashed during Win update

PC is crashing after updating to the Creators update.

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your PC kept crashing after installing the Creators Update. To assist you with your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the issue?
    • What is the current build of your system? To check, type winver and press
      Enter on the Cortana search field.

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System File Checker tool
    to repair any file corruptions that may causing your PC to crash.

If the issue persists, we also suggest you to follow our recovery options in Windows 10 and revert it to its previous version. Kindly click on this article posted by J W Stuart for the steps:
    How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature in
    the Aniversary Edition and Creators Update

We are looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

PC Crashed during Win update

1. PC Crashed during Win update - Similar Threads - Crashed during update

2. PC crashing during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing during games: I am not sure the issue, games are crashing in various different ways, not sure of the cause. sometimes the pc blue screens other times it just outright freezes.Sometimes the game crashes but not the pc. Really unsure what the issue could be. My drivers are up to date and so...
  3. PC crashing during games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing during games: I am not sure the issue, games are crashing in various different ways, not sure of the cause. sometimes the pc blue screens other times it just outright freezes.Sometimes the game crashes but not the pc. Really unsure what the issue could be. My drivers are up to date and so...
  4. PC crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing during gaming: Hi, I've recently faced a problem of my PC crashing while i was gaming. I've not updated anything systematically recently.On event viewer it said: The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required...
  5. PC crashing during gaming

PC crashing during gaming: Hi, I've recently faced a problem of my PC crashing while i was gaming. I've not updated anything systematically recently.On event viewer it said: The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required...
  6. Pc crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashing during gaming: I build my Pc about a month and a half ago Ryzen 5 5500, Gtx 1660 super, asus prime b550-M-awifi, 2 8gb corsair vengeance, evga 600w 80 plus gold, wd 500gb ssd m.2. Not until a couple weeks i just kept randomly crashing in games like cod, rocket league, Fortnite etc after...
  7. Pc crashing during gaming

Pc crashing during gaming: I build my Pc about a month and a half ago Ryzen 5 5500, Gtx 1660 super, asus prime b550-M-awifi, 2 8gb corsair vengeance, evga 600w 80 plus gold, wd 500gb ssd m.2. Not until a couple weeks i just kept randomly crashing in games like cod, rocket league, Fortnite etc after...
  8. Pc crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Crash during update

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash during update: my system crashed during an insider up ate and now cannot boot, I'm thinking something messes up the MBR and don't remember how to fix it. I have to go to this screen to boot. Samsung was my boot drive. [img] [img] 149166
  10. my Acer desktop crashed during update to Win 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my Acer desktop crashed during update to Win 10.: On rebooting after running Win10 update, my Acer Aspire computer gave me error message "Location is not available" and "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. ... If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted." I tried...