Windows 10: PC crashed unexpectedly, data lost.

Discus and support PC crashed unexpectedly, data lost. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC crashed during a game yesterday and when I restarted it everything was running normally. It was just that my Desktop was empty and all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Muhammad Aizaz, Apr 23, 2019.

1. PC crashed unexpectedly, data lost.

My PC crashed during a game yesterday and when I restarted it everything was running normally. It was just that my Desktop was empty and all my passwords and data for every single application were gone. One drive, google, epic games, everything. Other than this my Downloads folder, Pictures were all empty, the data was still there in MY PC, but it was all rearranged.

Anyways, I signed into my account, tried to do what I could, but still my PC wasn't syncing and the One Drive wouldn't sign in and my Microsoft account would not fix anything. When I started the computer next time, whatever passwords I had signed in had been lost again!

What am I supposed to do, I can't find help online.

:)

Muhammad Aizaz, Apr 23, 2019

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown PC crashed unexpectedly, data lost. :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Apr 23, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 23, 2019
  4. xarzu Win User

PC crashed unexpectedly, data lost.

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

PC crashed unexpectedly, data lost.

1. PC crashed unexpectedly, data lost. - Similar Threads - crashed unexpectedly data

2. Lost data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost data: last used my laptop 7/8 years ago. I bought in 2010.samsung R 520.As I could not open it. I got it repaired. And the I've lost all my data documents photos Apparently it was too old. Is there anyway I can retrieve my photos and documents....
  3. PC Keeps crashing unexpectedly on games

PC Keeps crashing unexpectedly on games: Hi there, so for the past few months I have had an on and off problem where my PC crashes as I am playing video games, weirdly it doesn't always happen and sometimes it just crashes once and then it's ok but not anymore. I have no idea what is causing it and I am losing my...
  4. PC Keeps crashing unexpectedly on games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Keeps crashing unexpectedly on games: Hi there, so for the past few months I have had an on and off problem where my PC crashes as I am playing video games, weirdly it doesn't always happen and sometimes it just crashes once and then it's ok but not anymore. I have no idea what is causing it and I am losing my...
  5. DATA LOST

DATA LOST: Good day, I just want to ask if any of you encounter a problem where SD Card not showing your files and folders? I mean, I just moved all my files from desktop to SD card. And all the files are in one folder.The files size is 120GB even after I moved it to SD Card, but my...
  6. Explorer unexpectedly crashes and pause data transfer itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer unexpectedly crashes and pause data transfer itself: So last night, i realized my laptop performance slowed down. My browser is really laggy, and some apps sometimes not responding. I copied my personal files just in case they deleted or something, and after copying stuff my explorer crashes once. I'm a little worried, but I...
  7. PC crashes unexpected every time

PC crashes unexpected every time: I get two error messages, and because of the errors my PC is chrashing. The keyboard and light turns off and my monitor turns dark too. I'm 100% sure my PC crashes ecause of them, becuase they are critical Events ans no other Events happened at the moments as te crash. Here...
  8. Lost Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Data: Lost data after Microsoft update. Edge replaced everything -- docs, videos, pics, restore points, browser, etc. How can I reclaim data without restore points? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data/c50c4691-93db-4f84-ac70-db1e1e6509a9
  9. Lost DATA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost DATA: So basically I got a new PC, and as I wanted to Play Forza Horizon4, I lost all of my data and I´ve no idea what to do.... please help me [moved from German forums] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data/962731df-f922-4a70-8714-14367bd35730
  10. unexpected data loss

unexpected data loss: Hello, I have huge issue. I lost a large amount of data files and most of my apps like the calculator, calendar, camera, even Microsoft store do not respond, they just flash when i click on them. I do not know how this happened, and I do not know how to fix it. This...