Windows 10: PC crashes 10 minutes into every game.

Discus and support PC crashes 10 minutes into every game. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any advice really would be appreciated. TL;DR at the bottom. Windows Reliability Monitor Back in September I built a PC, the specs are as follows:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Virtuix_, Feb 1, 2021.

1. PC crashes 10 minutes into every game.

Any advice really would be appreciated. TL;DR at the bottom.

Windows Reliability Monitor

Back in September I built a PC, the specs are as follows:

i7 8700K

RTX 2080ti

Toshiba 1TB m.2 SSD

Western Digital 1TB m.2 SSD (added recently)

Corsair 850W PSU

Asus Prime Z390-a Motherboard

It was working perfectly and in late November I installed a new Western Digital m.2 SSD in my second slot. That was also working perfectly, until late December when I experienced my first BSOD. I can't think of anything I did to my PC, hardware or software, prior to that. For the next few weeks I would frequently experience BSODs of various error codes while playing games. I spent several hours doing everything I possibly could (reset my computer, reinstalled my graphics drivers, reinstalled other drivers, updated SSD firmware, updated my BIOS, cleared my temporary files, disabled in-game overlay, removed any overclocking and ran several Windows repair tools within Command Prompt.). Somewhere along the line, I resolved the issue and stopped experiencing BSODs, but now my games will crash to the desktop about 10 minutes in and "Hardware Failure" will show up in my reliability monitor (as pictured). I've tried this with several different games and I experience the same issue each time.

I've tried everything I can to try and figure out the cause of the issue. I ran Furmark (GPU stress test) for an hour an encountered no issues (GPU and CPU temps remained below 50 ° C), I ran the Intel CPU test and it passed with no errors, I ran MemTest86 and it passed with no errors.

I really can't think of what else to do. I've spent hours and hours researching possible solutions and none of them have worked. I realize asking for free tech support is a lot, so if anybody is able to resolve my issue I'll gladly compensate them.

TL;DR:

Games crash to desktop 10 minutes in, with "Hardware Failure" showing up in Windows Reliability Monitor. In my attempts to fix the issue, I have reset my computer, reinstalled my graphics drivers, reinstalled other drivers, updated SSD firmware, updated my BIOS, cleared my temporary files, disabled in-game overlay, removed any overclocking and ran several Windows repair tools within Command Prompt. I have tested all my components and they showed no errors. My CPU and GPU temperatures remain under 50° C under load.

submitted by /u/Virtuix_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Virtuix_, Feb 1, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 1, 2021
  3. PC Very Random Grey Screen Crashes (PLEASE READ)

Hello So I had uninstalled Norton, restarted the PC and tried to run without any game open. Crashed again within 10 minutes. I will try some of the other steps listed above but any other help would be very much appreciated!!

Liam Theodorou, Feb 1, 2021
  4. PC crashes 10 minutes into every game.

Angela Pun, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

PC crashes 10 minutes into every game.

1. PC crashes 10 minutes into every game. - Similar Threads - crashes minutes every

2. Games crash after every 30 minutes on my gaming pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crash after every 30 minutes on my gaming pc: I got a very powerful gaming pc for about 5 months now and when I started to play games again like fortnite after months of not playing, the game would crash after 30 to 60 minutes or so, unreal engine would say the game has crashed. So I ran it again and after 30 minutes it...
  3. Games crash after every 30 minutes on my gaming pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crash after every 30 minutes on my gaming pc: I got a very powerful gaming pc for about 5 months now and when I started to play games again like fortnite after months of not playing, the game would crash after 30 to 60 minutes or so, unreal engine would say the game has crashed. So I ran it again and after 30 minutes it...
  4. My Game Crashing every minute

My Game Crashing every minute: ive tried everything to fix my games and generally this error kernel32 ntdll can anyone help me because i cant play anything!!!I have already tried the following steps to fix the problem :Running regsvr32.exe /u ntdll.dll -> raises an error saying the module was loaded but...
  5. My Game Crashing every minute

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Game Crashing every minute: ive tried everything to fix my games and generally this error kernel32 ntdll can anyone help me because i cant play anything!!!I have already tried the following steps to fix the problem :Running regsvr32.exe /u ntdll.dll -> raises an error saying the module was loaded but...
  6. My Game Crashing every minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  8. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  9. PC Crashes every few minutes

10. PC crashes 10 minutes into every game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes 10 minutes into every game.: Any advice really would be appreciated. TL;DR at the bottom. Windows Reliability Monitor: https://imgur.com/a/CtVOd44 Back in September I built a PC, the specs are as follows: i7 8700K RTX 2080ti Toshiba 1TB m.2 SSD Western Digital 1TB m.2 SSD added recently Corsair...