Windows 10: PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay

Discus and support PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Bought a gaming PC for Christmas and each time I load a game it plays for approximately 5 minutes before freezing and the PC restarts. I have updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TSSSolidestKnot, Dec 28, 2019.

1. PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay

Bought a gaming PC for Christmas and each time I load a game it plays for approximately 5 minutes before freezing and the PC restarts. I have updated windows 10, ran diagnostics for memory and graphics card and updated drivers where necessary. all diagnostics checks come back ok. any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

TSSSolidestKnot, Dec 28, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Dec 28, 2019
  4. stoggs1 Win User

PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay

Crysis crashing after a few minutes of gameplay

Hey guys, so I started playing Crysis and after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay the game crashes to the desktop with no errors.

I am running the steam version on Win 10 64 bit and I am running the 64 bit version of the game since the 32 bit version refuses to load.

I am running a few hd texture packs with the tactical expansion mod and reshade. And also running the game in dx9 mode with a very high autoexec tweak since reshade isn't working in dx10 for some reason.

My specs are a gtx 970, and fx 8320 at 3.8 ghz and 16 gb of ddr3 ram.

Thank you.

stoggs1, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay

1. PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay - Similar Threads - crashes minutes gameplay

2. Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay: This problem has been happening for months and I'm still not sure what the problem is. After about 5-15 minutes of gameplay in mostly heavy-load games, the game will just crash, my monitors go blank and it throws a hardware error in event viewer.I have made sure Windows is up...
  3. Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay: This problem has been happening for months and I'm still not sure what the problem is. After about 5-15 minutes of gameplay in mostly heavy-load games, the game will just crash, my monitors go blank and it throws a hardware error in event viewer.I have made sure Windows is up...
  4. Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Games Crashing after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay mostly new games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Crashing after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay mostly new games: Hey guys,My games are crashing after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay. i updated drivers and windows to the latest available. PC had to turn off forcefully because there were some power outages recently just mentioning, I'm not sure if that's the main issue So I checked event...
  6. Games Crashing after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay mostly new games

Games Crashing after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay mostly new games: Hey guys,My games are crashing after 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay. i updated drivers and windows to the latest available. PC had to turn off forcefully because there were some power outages recently just mentioning, I'm not sure if that's the main issue So I checked event...
  7. Forza Horizon 5 Crashing During Gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 5 Crashing During Gameplay: In event viewing seeing:Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 1.405.2.0, time stamp: 0x6178b41eFaulting module name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 1.405.2.0, time stamp: 0x6178b41eException code: 0xc0000005Occurring frequently....
  8. Forza Horizon 5 Crashing During Gameplay

Forza Horizon 5 Crashing During Gameplay: In event viewing seeing:Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 1.405.2.0, time stamp: 0x6178b41eFaulting module name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 1.405.2.0, time stamp: 0x6178b41eException code: 0xc0000005Occurring frequently....
  9. PC crashing after 5 minutes in any game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC crashing after 5 minutes in any game.: Thread in driver message appears with BSOD. New PC, updated, reformatted, updated again, stripped, updated. CONSTANTLY CRASHING THE MORE I DO TO FIX IT AND THE PC MANUFACTURER 5 year warranty with IRONSIDES REFUSES TO CONTACT OR HELP ME FOR 6+ MONTHS NOW. Sorry for yelling,...
  10. Bsod crashing pc after 5 minutes. Ntoskrnl.exe driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bsod crashing pc after 5 minutes. Ntoskrnl.exe driver.: So i got this issue after updating a driver the other day and now even after replacing the memory, motherboard and ssd, it still doesnt work and i get the same issue. Does anyone know what to do or if i have to replace the graphics card or cpu yet....