Windows 10: PC crashes after closing a game or alt tabbing

Discus and support PC crashes after closing a game or alt tabbing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I finish closing a game or alt tabbing out of a game after playing for a while, the pc will go black and audio will still come through but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Flowaboi, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Flowaboi Win User

PC crashes after closing a game or alt tabbing

Whenever I finish closing a game or alt tabbing out of a game after playing for a while, the pc will go black and audio will still come through but the pc will be unresponsive. I have already tried reinstalling the gpu drivers and installing the latest bios that I could. I have been going at this for days but have had no luck. Also tried playing games by different launchers and on different drives. Clean boot also didn't do anything.

:)

Flowaboi, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Polarman Win User

alt + tab not working

Alt-Tabbing in & out of games does not always work. It can also crash games in some cases.

Polarman, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Alt + Tab = Crash

Good evening,

It appears that Windows 10 keeps crashing whenever I Alt + Tab out of a game and then attempt to go back in. When I Alt + Tab back in I'm met with a black screen. Then Windows 10 freeze and I can't do anything.

Steps to reproduce:

(1) Start game

(2) Alt + Tab out

(3) Do whatever in Windows 10

(4) Alt + Tab back in

>>>Black screen

(5a) Ctrl + Alt + Delete to end process of game

(6a) No clickable buttons in Windows 10 (can't even shut down)

(5b) Ctrl + Alt + Delete

(6b) Shut down (just spins indefinitely and doesn't actually shut down)

This is a on a brand new copy of Windows 10 (not an upgrade). My current specifications are below:

-MSI SLI Plus X99 Motherboard

-16 GBs 2800 MHz RAM

-2x NVIDIA Titan X GPUs

-512 GB M2 SSD

-1600w EVGA PSU

Please advise on what is happening and if this will be fixed soon.

David_Compart, Apr 14, 2021
  4. PC crashes after closing a game or alt tabbing

Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

PC crashes after closing a game or alt tabbing

1. PC crashes after closing a game or alt tabbing - Similar Threads - crashes closing game

2. PC crashing after closing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing after closing games: PC crashing after closing games, sometimes instantly, sometimes after a few minutes.Have done a fresh install and downloaded one game to test after updating everything and same thing happens.Please help, thanks! Please see below from WinDbg;************* Preparing the...
  3. PC crashing after closing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing after closing games: PC crashing after closing games, sometimes instantly, sometimes after a few minutes.Have done a fresh install and downloaded one game to test after updating everything and same thing happens.Please help, thanks! Please see below from WinDbg;************* Preparing the...
  4. PC Crashing after closing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing after closing a game: Hi all, I'm having an issue with my PC where it keeps crashing after closing games. It runs absolutely fine with no issues whilst playing, alt-tabbing, doing everything else like browsing the net or streaming etc. It ONLY ever happens when I close a game. Everything just...
  5. PC Crashing after closing a game

PC Crashing after closing a game: Hi all, I'm having an issue with my PC where it keeps crashing after closing games. It runs absolutely fine with no issues whilst playing, alt-tabbing, doing everything else like browsing the net or streaming etc. It ONLY ever happens when I close a game. Everything just...
  6. My pc crashes/bluescreens after i close or alt-tab from a heavy game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc crashes/bluescreens after i close or alt-tab from a heavy game.: My pc goes to bluescreen about 30% of the time when i close a semi-heavy game like csgo, witcher 3 .... I have no idea what causes this but in the bluescreen it always says "whea_uncorrectable_error". I had the same problem almost a year ago and the problem went away itself,...
  7. My pc crashes/bluescreens after i close or alt-tab from a heavy game.

My pc crashes/bluescreens after i close or alt-tab from a heavy game.: My pc goes to bluescreen about 30% of the time when i close a semi-heavy game like csgo, witcher 3 .... I have no idea what causes this but in the bluescreen it always says "whea_uncorrectable_error". I had the same problem almost a year ago and the problem went away itself,...
  8. My pc crashes/bluescreens after i close or alt-tab from a heavy game.

9. PC crashes after closing games

PC crashes after closing games: For quite a while my pc seems to freeze and then reboot very soon after I close a video a game. I've also encountered some BSODs while playing said video games, and I've tried everything. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, DISM, and the Windows Repair Tool, all to no...
  10. PC crashes after closing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after closing games.: Hello, There are times where the Laptop crashes BSOD when i closes games. At first I thought it was just from Steam games but it also happen for other games not from Steam. Please Help. Thank You! Minidumps Link:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why is that if i alt tab my games sometimes my pc crashes

2. crash when alt tab blue screen

3. star citizen alt tab crash