Windows 10: Pc crashes after sleep mode

Discus and support Pc crashes after sleep mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone have any experience with this? After my pc wakes up from Sleep Mode I am usually met with 15-20 seconds of normal operation as all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Codyg12845, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Pc crashes after sleep mode

Does anyone have any experience with this? After my pc wakes up from Sleep Mode I am usually met with 15-20 seconds of normal operation as all my peripherals start to become unresponsive. Then my screen freezes, sometimes displaying the BSOD, sometimes it just hard-freezes. The error I get is "video scheduler internal error". It has not happened on startup, only from sleep mode.

I've spent the last day or two looking up issues that are software related. Tomorrow I'll be trying out different psu, gpu, etc. Seeing if I can find the culprit. I just got a new motherboard too, so it could literally be anything....

Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/Codyg12845
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Codyg12845, Mar 6, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Pc crashes after sleep mode

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Pc crashes after sleep mode

1. Pc crashes after sleep mode - Similar Threads - crashes sleep mode

2. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  3. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  4. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Crash on sleep mode

Crash on sleep mode: When I put my pc to sleep and start it up again it crashesHere are some All I can remember:CRITICAL PROCESS DIEDWhat Failed:Sys filesFile I used that could cause those problems:Avast Cleanup PremiumAvast Driver UpdaterShould I chkdsk or automatic repair?I did sfc /scannow and...
  6. PC in Sleep Mode!

PC in Sleep Mode!: Do we have to leave the mouse on when in sleep mode? Only when I go to switch the mouse off it then awakens the PC. My older system we had to switch both off Thank you.........
  7. PC Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Sleep Mode: Hi, Years ago i belive i installed some type of software that makes my display go into sleep mode and shows a vidoe of colours and lights but i no longer want this as its annoying when im trying to read something and the display goes off every minute or so, i cant find any...
  8. pc sleep mode

pc sleep mode: PC set to go into sleep mode after 30 mins but remains on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-sleep-mode/9e632426-fea5-438b-8b20-686e08ff9c85
  9. Apps crashing after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps crashing after sleep mode: When I come back to my laptop after it being idle or sleep mode the windows I had open before are always black, unable to be clicked on or used until I cntrl alt delete and close them. Its quite annoying, any fix? Thanks!! submitted by /u/Redrex003 [link] [comments]...
  10. PC Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Sleep Mode: After a period of inactivity, my PC goes into a mode where it shows pictures from my files. This is fine and I like this feature. However, this seems to take place after one minute of inactivity. How can I lengthen the interval before this takes place?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc crashes after sleep