Windows 10: PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!!

Discus and support PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to install the 1903 update on my PC and it completely crashes and blue screens before it does. It will get to 80% and freeze, then crash. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosephP1, Sep 23, 2019.

1. JosephP1 Win User

PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!!

I'm trying to install the 1903 update on my PC and it completely crashes and blue screens before it does. It will get to 80% and freeze, then crash. I have to go into services and manually delay updates because it will keep doing this in a loop. How in earth do I fix this and update my pc without it crashing?

Specs:

Intel Core i7-8700 3.20 GHz

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

:)

JosephP1, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

3. Cannot log into my PC after installing 1903 by update in place

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to login to the PC after installing the Windows 10 1903 update.

I would suggest you to try restarting the PC into safe mode and check if you are able to login to the PC. Refer the section
    From the sign-in screen in the article
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If you are able to login to the PC in safe mode, try enabling the default administrator and then login to the PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to enable default administrator.

1. Open Start Menu and type CMD.
    2. Now right click on it and click on Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to enable hidden administrator: net user administrator /active:yes
    4. Restart the PC and then try logging in to the Administrator account.

Once you login to the Administrator account, create a new user account and try to login. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 23, 2019
  4. PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!!

memory crash after installing upgrade version 1903

Hi Doug,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your PC is crashing when you install Windows 10 1903 on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. What is the exact error code/message you receive when the PC crashes?
    2. What exactly do you mean by memory crash?
    3. How did you revert to Windows 10 1809? Did you perform re-installation of Windows?
    4. When you say memory cards, are you referring to RAM sticks installed on the PC?
    5. How many RAM sticks do you have the PC?
    6. What is the make and model of the PC?

Meanwhile, you can try running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to check for RAM corruption.

1. Open Start Menu and type
      Memory.
    2. Now click on Windows Memory Diagnostic.
    3. Click on Restart now and check for problems.
    4. Follow the on screen instructions

Please get back to us with the detailed information on the issue, to assist you further.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!!

1. PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!! - Similar Threads - crashes trying install

2. Issues after installing 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues after installing 1903 update: Since yesterday after installing the latest updates (1903) I'm having crashing issues. It happens randomly. *I'm getting black screens where I only can see my mouse cursor *Games crashes and freezing *Firefox crashing *Blue screen with "memory management" error And just...
  3. Issues after installing 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues after installing 1903 update: Since yesterday after installing the latest updates (1903) I'm having crashing issues. It happens randomly. *I'm getting black screens where I only can see my mouse cursor *Games crashes and freezing *Firefox crashing *Blue screen with "memory management" error The pc...
  4. SSD crashes after 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD crashes after 1903 update: After updating W10 to 1903 I started getting BSOD. First with error: Critical_process_died and then after Unexpected_store_exception. When the BSOD happens (everything freezes, and the sound hangs if I'm listening to something), the system restarts, and sometimes, Windows...
  5. Settings crashing after update to 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings crashing after update to 1903: Hi. I recently updated my WIndows 10 from 1809 to 1903 via windows update. Ever since, I can't access 'about' in system settings, the app crashes. I've also tried the old Win+X -> Y way but it does not work. Please assist. The computer is operating normally. HP 14-cm0075au,...
  6. After 1903 Install: Crash in hal.dll

After 1903 Install: Crash in hal.dll: Hello All, I recently upgraded my system to 1903. Unfortunately, I did this before I went on a vacation and I am past the apparently 10-day arbitrary window in which I can restore. I am now getting random crashes which I have attempted to diagnose using WhoCrashed: On...
  7. update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try.

update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try.: update 1903 will not install after spending over an hour to download and try. I have made three attempts, and it goes through the process of downloading and then going through the install process. The first time I tried, it said my drive was compressed and I need to...
  8. memory crash after installing upgrade version 1903

memory crash after installing upgrade version 1903: version 1903 was installed the memory crashed and wouldn't start up after removing memory cards the pc stated up I reverted back to version 1809 and re installed memory cards every thing works now it would not work with version 1903 I get a memory crash I need a solution?...
  9. Cannot log into my PC after installing 1903 by update in place

Cannot log into my PC after installing 1903 by update in place: Help, I am locked out of my own machine. After finally getting 1903 to install, I am prompted to log in as other user. It will not allow me to make a new account, or log in with my microsoft account. It keeps prompting me that my password is wrong. It isn't wrong and I...
  10. Apps crashing after 1903 update, Can I uninstall 1903 update?

Apps crashing after 1903 update, Can I uninstall 1903 update?: I just noticed that when I update my windows to the latest version. (1903). *Im using windows 10 pro* Some of my apps is crashing, sometimes its *not responding* - Bittorrent - Burp suite (other software that requires java(jre)) - Sometimes the windows settings can't...