Windows 10: PC crashes after Update KB4601315

Discus and support PC crashes after Update KB4601315 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi.... My PC is crashing after installing update KB4601315 and I have had to roll back the update 3 times. This is NOT just "uninstall updates", you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kristian Skytte, Feb 18, 2021.

1. PC crashes after Update KB4601315

Hi....

My PC is crashing after installing update KB4601315 and I have had to roll back the update 3 times. This is NOT just "uninstall updates", you have to go into "Recovery" to do it. in the "Blue Screen of Death"

:)

Kristian Skytte, Feb 18, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. John Vil Win User

PC crashes after Update KB4601315

PC is crashing after updating to the Creators update.

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your PC kept crashing after installing the Creators Update. To assist you with your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the issue?
    • What is the current build of your system? To check, type winver and press
      Enter on the Cortana search field.

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System File Checker tool
    to repair any file corruptions that may causing your PC to crash.

If the issue persists, we also suggest you to follow our recovery options in Windows 10 and revert it to its previous version. Kindly click on this article posted by J W Stuart for the steps:
    How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature in
    the Aniversary Edition and Creators Update

We are looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

PC crashes after Update KB4601315

1. PC crashes after Update KB4601315 - Similar Threads - crashes Update KB4601315

2. PC crashing repeatedly after June 2023 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing repeatedly after June 2023 updates: I was on vacation June 15-21 and it worked when I got back. In the past couple of days it has been booting then crashing within a few seconds. Sometimes it can't even boot at all and just instantly crashes. I've tried uninstalling the update but it fails. I've done a system...
  3. PC crashing repeatedly after June 2023 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing repeatedly after June 2023 updates: I was on vacation June 15-21 and it worked when I got back. In the past couple of days it has been booting then crashing within a few seconds. Sometimes it can't even boot at all and just instantly crashes. I've tried uninstalling the update but it fails. I've done a system...
  4. Crashing after updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing after updating: Hi i have the legion s7 and i checked for updates from the Lenovo app and i downloaded it then it gave me a sign telling me that it crashed the i restarted it and stoped working please help me i love my laptop...
  5. Windows 10 1909 KB4601315 Not Offered in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1909 KB4601315 Not Offered in Windows Update: KB4601315 released today is not being offered under Windows Update for me yes still on 1909 due to Conexant driver update hold - even when manually checking for updates. All other monthly updates were all downloaded and installed appropriately. Is there some hold on this...
  6. KB4601315 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v1909 18363.1377 - Feb. 9

in Windows 10 News
    KB4601315 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v1909 18363.1377 - Feb. 9: February 9, 2021 - KB4601315 (OS Build 18363.1377) Windows 10 version 1909 all editions Windows Server version 1909 12/8/20 REMINDER Windows 10, version 1903 reached end of servicing on December 8, 2020. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft...
  7. Crash after Updates

Crash after Updates: I recently updated my laptop with the new Windows 10 update. A day after, option for wifi was not found, and as well as the screen keeps on turning black even after just signing up and sometimes just after turning on. I've tried Resetting the PC through Automatic Repairs...
  8. PC crashing after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing after update: After an update that has been done in 13/2 my pc crashes with different errors. Page fault in non paged area, system service exception, kernel security check failure, bad pool caller. Also 1i cant open cmd as an administrator- i tried every waywin+x, run as admin from start...
  9. PC randomly crashes after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC randomly crashes after windows update: Hi Since yesterday after I updated my pc it has been crashing couple times. First was when I booted the pc after couple hours when the update was done when it did boot up to the desktop I was launching steam and discord. After they loaded the pc crashed saying sorry and going...
  10. PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!!

PC crashes after trying to install 1903 Update!!: I'm trying to install the 1903 update on my PC and it completely crashes and blue screens before it does. It will get to 80% and freeze, then crash. I have to go into services and manually delay updates because it will keep doing this in a loop. How in earth do I fix this and...
Tags: