Windows 10: PC crashes and BSODS, often when gaming

Discus and support PC crashes and BSODS, often when gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Basically what the title says, usually the BSOD error is shown as either SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeonardoColucci, Nov 1, 2020.

1. PC crashes and BSODS, often when gaming

Basically what the title says, usually the BSOD error is shown as either SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and often SSD won't be detected upon reboot.

This has been going on for months by now and I still haven't found a solution, i even made a post about it here in the past but nobody seemed to get a clear idea of what it was.

Here are the minidumps i managed to get, they can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LkRE7ZWGxAjH1SGgTsqy3BtUexyEsrKz/view?usp=sharing

I know they aren't very recent but i'm 99%sure the issue is still exactly the same since the exact same symptoms are there.

PC Specs:

• Intel Core i5-9600K
    • MSI Z390-A PRO
    • Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4
    • GTX 1060 6GB AORUS
    • Crucial MX500 256 GB Main drive for OS + 2 1TB WD Blue HDDs for storage
    • Corsair VS550 PSU

With latest crash I had I got this out of the minidump generated: https://pastebin.com/71q7FFwr

:)

LeonardoColucci, Nov 1, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 1, 2020
  4. PC crashes and BSODS, often when gaming

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

PC crashes and BSODS, often when gaming

1. PC crashes and BSODS, often when gaming - Similar Threads - crashes BSODS often

2. My PC crashes often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC crashes often: My PC has for a while now, crashed/bluescreened on start up, but then after that it's fine. Recently though it has been crashing whilst doing stuff giving me varying crash log error codes. It crashed twice today in a short span. One went as the following: The computer has...
  3. PC always crashing and BSOD when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC always crashing and BSOD when playing games: Hello, I've had this problem for a while now, but I purchased a pre-built PC from NZXT and have struggled with constant crashing and blue screening when playing games. I've included the two latest crash dumps following this, but basically, I cannot play any game that is...
  4. Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.: Hello, I am hoping someone here can help with my BSOD issues. I have tried everything I can think of the fix this, but nothing seems to work. I am getting frequent BSOD crashes, usually when the PC is launching a game or in game. The PC specs are: Windows 11 OSIntel i7-11700K...
  5. Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.: Hello, I am hoping someone here can help with my BSOD issues. I have tried everything I can think of the fix this, but nothing seems to work. I am getting frequent BSOD crashes, usually when the PC is launching a game or in game. The PC specs are: Windows 11 OSIntel i7-11700K...
  6. Crashes/BSOD when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes/BSOD when gaming.: When I am playing video games World of warcraft / Dota I have several crashes or BDOS, from 1 to 4 a day.Everything is fine when I'm using using chrome. I've never overclocked any piece. I tested my ram 2 -3 times using Windows 10 Memory Diagnostic Tool and everything was...
  7. Crashes/BSOD when gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes/BSOD when gaming.: When I am playing video games World of warcraft / Dota I have several crashes or BDOS, from 1 to 4 a day.Everything is fine when I'm using using chrome. I've never overclocked any piece. I tested my ram 2 -3 times using Windows 10 Memory Diagnostic Tool and everything was...
  8. Crashes/BSOD when gaming.

9. ndu.sys bsod crashing often

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ndu.sys bsod crashing often: I've been getting lots of bsods involving ndu.sys I can use some help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ndusys-bsod-crashing-often/0cf3871e-d1d9-482b-83d2-1fe8f0c489af
  10. Pc crashes often

Pc crashes often: Here is a copy of recent crash tonight Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 144 Parameter 1: 1001 Parameter 2: ffffaf04f53d3aa0 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_17763 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1 OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033...