Windows 10: PC Crashes and Freezes while playing games

Discus and support PC Crashes and Freezes while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; dear, I have got some problems with my pc since 4 months i think. My pc crashes while playing games, freezes so i have to restart my pc or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by plofkip, Mar 19, 2020.

1. plofkip Win User

PC Crashes and Freezes while playing games

dear,

I have got some problems with my pc since 4 months i think.

My pc crashes while playing games, freezes so i have to restart my pc or the screens turn beige.

I have tried a lot inc. resetting my windows. The crashes happen atleast every day and sometimes 4 times a day.

edit: I have tried reliability monitor and added a document with reports. PC Crashes and Freezes while playing games d7fae735-69d5-46d8-998c-9ee8234df73f?upload=true.png

Please help me!

Thanks

***Modified title from: pc crashes and freezes ***

:)

plofkip, Mar 19, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 19, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 19, 2020
  4. testing Win User

Game crashing all the time / PC freezes sometimes

Since about a month I have the problem that a game (Grand Theft Auto V) is crashing all the time. Sometimes the complete PC freezes too so that it displays the old image e.g. a few minutes ago (completely unresponsive, only restarting the PC helps). The time is not predictable, when it crashes. At one time it crashes after five minutes, another time it crashes after half an hour. But one thing is sure - it will crash.

I have contacted the Rockstar Support and they say they can't help me anymore. Things I did asked by the Rockstar Support:

• reinstalled the game and Social Club multiple times
    • deleted game files in AppData/Local/Rockstar Games/GTA V and Documents\Rockstar Games\Social Club
    • deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe and restored via Steam option Verify integrity of game files
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow multiple times
    • uninstalled another app, which should be responsible for network timeouts/blocking
    • switching to story mode/second character
    • submitted the export of msinfo32 including crash reports to the support
    • changed firewall settings

Things I tried myself:

• played in Safe Mode
    • changed graphics settings
    • removed OC
    • updated to latest Nvidia driver (436.15)
    • updated Windows 10
    • checked the event log, but there is no entry
    • executed memtest86 without problems
    • made a stress test with FurMark without problems

I don't have expierenced similar problems in other games/apps.

System configuration:

• i5-6600K
    • 16 GB RAM
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Temperature is always OK.

Launcher.log from GTA V writes something like:

How can I find the cause of this error?

testing, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. PC Crashes and Freezes while playing games - Similar Threads - Crashes Freezes while

2. PC crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing while playing games: My PC has been crashing whenever I play games. I usually see this error when I play Lethal Company and Roblox Also when calling on the discord app. I can't seem to figure out why. It always comes with this sound https://youtu.be/ayndfhu6W407si=Yrn4PZCZ1ymFylus After looking...
  3. PC Keeps Freezing Then Crashing Entirely While Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Keeps Freezing Then Crashing Entirely While Playing Games: There's a problem I have been experiencing for a long time, I tried many solutions and yet none of them workedEvery time i try to run games heavy or not my PC just entirely freezes for a bit then reboots itself even though the game is working fine with high performance and...
  4. PC Keeps Freezing Then Crashing Entirely While Playing Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Keeps Freezing Then Crashing Entirely While Playing Games: There's a problem I have been experiencing for a long time, I tried many solutions and yet none of them workedEvery time i try to run games heavy or not my PC just entirely freezes for a bit then reboots itself even though the game is working fine with high performance and...
  5. PC Keeps Freezing Then Crashing Entirely While Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. pc freezes while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes while playing games: hey there,ive got a pc withCPU- i7-9700FGPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPERMotherboard - G15CS-B8windows 1016gb 2666 ram.when loading anygames the computer seems to freezes and i know it crashing because the mouse and sound becomes distorted.when computer crashes the computer...
  7. pc freezes while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freezes while playing games: hey there,ive got a pc withCPU- i7-9700FGPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPERMotherboard - G15CS-B8windows 1016gb 2666 ram.when loading anygames the computer seems to freezes and i know it crashing because the mouse and sound becomes distorted.when computer crashes the computer...
  8. pc freezes while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PC crashes while playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes while playing game: My whole PC freezes then restarts itself while I'm playing games and I received three different bug check codesSpecs areI9 10850kZ490-E STRIX3080 STRIX OC32GB 36000 mhz ram750SFX Platinum PSU from CorsairHere’s the link for minidump. Any help would be great....
  10. Pc freezing while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc freezing while playing games: I dont even know if thats what caused the problem but since i updated my windows i cant seem to play any games at all i can play stuff like league of legends which is a really light game and my screen will freeze like im playing with 30 fps altho im playing with 200 i...