Windows 10: PC Crashes and Freezes while playing games

Discus and support PC Crashes and Freezes while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; dear, I have got some problems with my pc since 4 months i think. My pc crashes while playing games, freezes so i have to restart my pc or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by plofkip, Mar 19, 2020.

1. plofkip Win User

PC Crashes and Freezes while playing games

dear,

I have got some problems with my pc since 4 months i think.

My pc crashes while playing games, freezes so i have to restart my pc or the screens turn beige.

I have tried a lot inc. resetting my windows. The crashes happen atleast every day and sometimes 4 times a day.

edit: I have tried reliability monitor and added a document with reports. PC Crashes and Freezes while playing games d7fae735-69d5-46d8-998c-9ee8234df73f?upload=true.png

Please help me!

Thanks

***Modified title from: pc crashes and freezes ***

:)

plofkip, Mar 19, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 19, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 19, 2020
  4. testing Win User

Game crashing all the time / PC freezes sometimes

Since about a month I have the problem that a game (Grand Theft Auto V) is crashing all the time. Sometimes the complete PC freezes too so that it displays the old image e.g. a few minutes ago (completely unresponsive, only restarting the PC helps). The time is not predictable, when it crashes. At one time it crashes after five minutes, another time it crashes after half an hour. But one thing is sure - it will crash.

I have contacted the Rockstar Support and they say they can't help me anymore. Things I did asked by the Rockstar Support:

• reinstalled the game and Social Club multiple times
    • deleted game files in AppData/Local/Rockstar Games/GTA V and Documents\Rockstar Games\Social Club
    • deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe and restored via Steam option Verify integrity of game files
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow multiple times
    • uninstalled another app, which should be responsible for network timeouts/blocking
    • switching to story mode/second character
    • submitted the export of msinfo32 including crash reports to the support
    • changed firewall settings

Things I tried myself:

• played in Safe Mode
    • changed graphics settings
    • removed OC
    • updated to latest Nvidia driver (436.15)
    • updated Windows 10
    • checked the event log, but there is no entry
    • executed memtest86 without problems
    • made a stress test with FurMark without problems

I don't have expierenced similar problems in other games/apps.

System configuration:

• i5-6600K
    • 16 GB RAM
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Temperature is always OK.

Launcher.log from GTA V writes something like:

How can I find the cause of this error?

testing, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. PC Crashes and Freezes while playing games - Similar Threads - Crashes Freezes while

2. My pc screen freezing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc screen freezing while playing games: Hello! My PC screen freezes while playing games League of Legends and CSGO, it wont even shutdown, I need to press restart button in order for it to reboot. My Windows has done all the updates possible, but isn't activated yet, I have checked my drivers couple of times and...
  3. computer freezes while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer freezes while playing games: I decided to take my computer apart to clean it then put it back together and after I put it together whenever I play some games it freezes and on occasion makes a buzzing sound in my headphones it also seems to crash faster if I am in a discord call or playing a YouTube...
  4. Games Crashes While Playing

Games Crashes While Playing: Few days ago I've done clean installation the windows 10 version 2004. After that, while I'm playing games, sometimes the games just crashed and stop the program. So, what can I do now? And how to fix it?...
  5. Pc crashes while playing games

Pc crashes while playing games: Lately, I have been experiencing crashes when playing games. I have tried reinstalling windows kept my files tho. I have to minidump files from the crashes. I also hear a window notification sound when my pc crashes if that helps Here is the link:...
  6. Pc freezes randomly only while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc freezes randomly only while playing games: submitted by /u/ShadyMS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr3bt2/pc_freezes_randomly_only_while_playing_games/
  7. Game crashes while playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game crashes while playing: Basically I will be playing my game and out of nowhere I will get a random crash, i looked into the Event Viewer and this is my error Faulting application name: ModernWarfare.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5dd6a13e Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  8. pc is crashing while playing game.

pc is crashing while playing game.: [IMG]my pc is crashing every time when i play game. event viewer is showing event id 41. Game is sniper elite 3 (2014) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-crashing-while-playing-game/8f03f35c-8314-4f06-9d0a-5c886c68a9f9
  9. BSOD and PC crashes while playing any games

BSOD and PC crashes while playing any games: Pc randomly either freezes, turns itself off and then on immediately on. happens even while browsing a word document. i usually have youtube playing music in the background so nothing fancy to make it crash 87781
  10. Pc Crashes/Freezes while playing games. Temp not above 80c

Pc Crashes/Freezes while playing games. Temp not above 80c: So the thing is that i dont get any BSOD now (but in the start i had a few with error messages like memory_managment , irql_not_less_or_equal) The computer is fairly new ( 10 months old ) ! It started behaving at first month by dropping frames on Metal GEar Solid and by...