Windows 10: PC crashes and reboots automatically during gaming.

Discus and support PC crashes and reboots automatically during gaming. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having an issue where my desktop computer has begun randomly crashing and restarting. It happens when I move in and out of a graphically intensive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by melvinfrancis, Aug 2, 2020.

1. PC crashes and reboots automatically during gaming.

I am having an issue where my desktop computer has begun randomly crashing and restarting. It happens when I move in and out of a graphically intensive program, like a video game ex. alt tabbing out of game and back in again. The computer is on a 1000va battery backup that is fully functional. After checking event viewer all it shows is a critical kernel-power error event 41 task 63, and event 161 volmgr error. I thought it could be a faulty PSU and so I replaced it, problem still persists. Tried reinstalling graphic drivers also did clean windows 10 installing but it still crashes. I am running the latest windows update and all drivers are up to date.

Computer Specifications:

Intel i5-7500

Gigabyte GTX1660 graphic card 6GB.

1-Kingston 16gb ddr4 2400mhz RAM

MSI H110M PRO-VH PLUS mobo

512GB SSD

2TB HDD 7500RPM

2.5" 500GB HDD 5400RPM

6 RGB case fans.

corsair VS 550W PSU

Please help guys, I am frustrated with this problem.

I have attached a link for dxdiag file and event viewer file

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlKiLVmqw0oQu040c7cwgDyPb_3P

:)

melvinfrancis, Aug 2, 2020

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Draken Win User
    Reboots/Crashes while Gaming

Hello,

I have random crashes while playing games. Its the same problem as in this thread Random-ish reboots

So basically when playing a game the PC randomly crashes into a reboot. This occurs completely random and without warning.

As suggested in the linked thread I disabled fast startup, which sadly didnt fix the problem.

I also monitored my temperatures which are fine. A workaround that seems to be stable is lowering my graphics settings to very low.

I attached my V2 Logs after a Crash. Windows Version is 1909 (OS Build 18363.720)

Draken, Aug 2, 2020
  4. PC crashes and reboots automatically during gaming.

Windows 10 rebooting during gaming

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• Is the issue occurring with a particular game or with all games?

• Is the game compatible with Windows 10?

• Are you trying to play online games?

I would suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it works fine:

Follow the steps:

• Right click on start menu and tap on device manager.

• Select display adapters from the list and hit enter.

• Right click on the display adapters and select update.

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

PC crashes and reboots automatically during gaming.

1. PC crashes and reboots automatically during gaming. - Similar Threads - crashes reboots automatically

2. PC crashing during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing during games: I am not sure the issue, games are crashing in various different ways, not sure of the cause. sometimes the pc blue screens other times it just outright freezes.Sometimes the game crashes but not the pc. Really unsure what the issue could be. My drivers are up to date and so...
  3. PC crashing during games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing during games: I am not sure the issue, games are crashing in various different ways, not sure of the cause. sometimes the pc blue screens other times it just outright freezes.Sometimes the game crashes but not the pc. Really unsure what the issue could be. My drivers are up to date and so...
  4. PC crashing during gaming

PC crashing during gaming: Hi, I've recently faced a problem of my PC crashing while i was gaming. I've not updated anything systematically recently.On event viewer it said: The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required...
  5. PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming: GPU: GIGABYTE RX7800XT - Driver 23.10.01.10CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x - Chipset 5.08.02.027Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 - BIOS P4.90RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold 750 W 80+ GoldOS: Windows 11 Pro - 10.0.22631 Build...
  6. PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming

PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming: GPU: GIGABYTE RX7800XT - Driver 23.10.01.10CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x - Chipset 5.08.02.027Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 - BIOS P4.90RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold 750 W 80+ GoldOS: Windows 11 Pro - 10.0.22631 Build...
  7. PC reboots during heavy gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots during heavy gaming: Hello, I recently encountered reboots in the middle of my gaming session - Fortnite and BF 2042 specifically. My GPU drivers are up-to-date, I reinstalled both games and launchers and still reboots. Sometimes after ten minutes, sometimes after half an hour. I tried lowering...
  8. PC reboots during heavy gaming

PC reboots during heavy gaming: Hello, I recently encountered reboots in the middle of my gaming session - Fortnite and BF 2042 specifically. My GPU drivers are up-to-date, I reinstalled both games and launchers and still reboots. Sometimes after ten minutes, sometimes after half an hour. I tried lowering...
  9. PC reboots during heavy gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Pc crashing during gaming

Pc crashing during gaming: I build my Pc about a month and a half ago Ryzen 5 5500, Gtx 1660 super, asus prime b550-M-awifi, 2 8gb corsair vengeance, evga 600w 80 plus gold, wd 500gb ssd m.2. Not until a couple weeks i just kept randomly crashing in games like cod, rocket league, Fortnite etc after...