Windows 10: PC Crashes and Reboots when gaming, especially in VR.

Discus and support PC Crashes and Reboots when gaming, especially in VR. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer crashes and reboots back to startup without any error messages or BSOD. At first I thought it was a particular game as the PC crashed at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SidQB, Oct 16, 2020.

1. SidQB Win User

PC Crashes and Reboots when gaming, especially in VR.

My computer crashes and reboots back to startup without any error messages or BSOD. At first I thought it was a particular game as the PC crashed at the same time every time in this one game. However, it has now crashed with another, leaving me to believe it is either the OS or a hardware issue. Before I knew it was multiple games, I went through a week of tech support and have redownloaded all of my drivers and games on Steam among many other fixes. Additionally, my system is more than capable of running VR and the temperatures on my CPU and GPU never exceed 60 Celsius. Windows 10, GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 TI, CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-8700k CPU @ 3.70GHz 12 cores, power supply: Corsair HX 1000i. I'd appreciate any help with how to see if the OS is the issue, or better, a way to fix it altogether.

:)

SidQB, Oct 16, 2020

2. RealTek Audio Program Crashes VR Games and Programs

HEY GUYS!

I finally traced the culprit down to the RealTek USB 2.0 Audio driver. It will not update or roll back for a fix. It is totally incompatible with the HMD Odyssey Headset on VR. It constantly switches devices and volume as soon as WMR is turned on. Only
    workaround was to disable it and lose audio and mic while in game. I switched to speakers for my sound. Checked manufacturer's sites for both Asus and RealTek drive downloads and everything I have is up to date. So I've lost the use of my audio and mic
    on VR...that really sucks!

Can anyone (and I do mean Microsoft, especially) find a solution. I'm all outta highway and fresh ideas.

Spanky7432, Oct 16, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Draken Win User

Reboots/Crashes while Gaming

Hello,

I have random crashes while playing games. Its the same problem as in this thread Random-ish reboots

So basically when playing a game the PC randomly crashes into a reboot. This occurs completely random and without warning.

As suggested in the linked thread I disabled fast startup, which sadly didnt fix the problem.

I also monitored my temperatures which are fine. A workaround that seems to be stable is lowering my graphics settings to very low.

I attached my V2 Logs after a Crash. Windows Version is 1909 (OS Build 18363.720)

Draken, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. PC Crashes and Reboots when gaming, especially in VR. - Similar Threads - Crashes Reboots gaming

2. Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 keeps crashing, especially when gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 keeps crashing, especially when gaming: Everytime I load a game up to play, I would get 15 mins in until I get a disconnect screen, to find out that my laptop Asus Aspire E 1 575 G isn't connected to a network or wifi adapter.The wifi icon is replaced by the globe icon and it won't display any other networks. I ran...
  3. Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 keeps crashing, especially when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 keeps crashing, especially when gaming: Everytime I load a game up to play, I would get 15 mins in until I get a disconnect screen, to find out that my laptop Asus Aspire E 1 575 G isn't connected to a network or wifi adapter.The wifi icon is replaced by the globe icon and it won't display any other networks. I ran...
  4. Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 keeps crashing, especially when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer crashes almost everyday, especially when gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes almost everyday, especially when gaming.: I would use my computer all morning for online classes, and after that I would do some gaming. And after like 20 minutes my computer would crash. Before I never had this problem but recently it has been happening more and more often. I am not sure why it has been crashing so...
  6. Computer crashes almost everyday, especially when gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes almost everyday, especially when gaming.: I would use my computer all morning for online classes, and after that I would do some gaming. And after like 20 minutes my computer would crash. Before I never had this problem but recently it has been happening more and more often. I am not sure why it has been crashing so...
  7. Computer crashes almost everyday, especially when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. [BSOD] - PC Crashes especially while gaming

[BSOD] - PC Crashes especially while gaming: Hello,The issue is - My PC Crashes with BSODSetup:- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X- Nvidia GTX 970- SSD 256GB M2- 850W Power Source- 16GB RAMFull description:This is happening again after a short period of about two months. To keep in mind that I got the same problem in the past, but I...
  9. Frequent blue screen crashes, especially when running games

Frequent blue screen crashes, especially when running games: Here is a link to my: DMP files Speccy output MSinfo My computer frequently crashes. It generally runs well otherwise. It mainly crashes when I'm playing or launching video games, but also sometimes when I'm not doing anything that seems computationally intensive eg....
  10. Pc stutters, especially in games

Pc stutters, especially in games: Hello, taking this forum as my last chance before I give up gaming. I got a game gifted 2 weeks ago but I cannot play it because it stutters to much and I tried so many solutions that I stopped counting. Its not the only game that stutter, world of warcraft also. And stuff I...