Windows 10: PC Crashes at Random, Especially Out of Sleep

Discus and support PC Crashes at Random, Especially Out of Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For the last while, my PC has crashed with error 6008 at random. It generally happens coming out of sleep. I've run memory tests etc. with no luck, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sic2160, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Sic2160 Win User

PC Crashes at Random, Especially Out of Sleep

For the last while, my PC has crashed with error 6008 at random. It generally happens coming out of sleep. I've run memory tests etc. with no luck, and replaced my power supply in case that was causing issues. I'm starting to get very frustrated. After one of these crashes late last year, my Windows install was corrupted and I had to nearly start over.
    Dump and system info files are at this link. Any help would be appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tIG4j1LhxoPoglkhg1R2q-urwIYkpDkm?usp=sharing

:)

Sic2160, Feb 18, 2021
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Feb 18, 2021
  3. RickMcKenney, Feb 18, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

1. PC Crashes at Random, Especially Out of Sleep - Similar Threads - Crashes Random Especially

2. Pc crashing constantly especially with downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashing constantly especially with downloads: Pc started crashing randomly and very frequently and always happens when I try to download something. Whether that be an update or a game it will download for a short time then blue screen and force me to bios. It started happening after upgrading to windows 11. All my...
  3. Pc crashing constantly especially with downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc crashing constantly especially with downloads: Pc started crashing randomly and very frequently and always happens when I try to download something. Whether that be an update or a game it will download for a short time then blue screen and force me to bios. It started happening after upgrading to windows 11. All my...
  4. Random Freeze, especially when gaming:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Freeze, especially when gaming:: So, I have an HP Victus 16: 24GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Core i7-12700H and a GTX 1650 with a windows 11. It used to freeze when playing video games but it was like once in a while. Now, I can't even open a game. Even more, it freezes when using Browser or in a Zoom meeting. Everything...
  5. Random Freeze, especially when gaming:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Freeze, especially when gaming:: So, I have an HP Victus 16: 24GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Core i7-12700H and a GTX 1650 with a windows 11. It used to freeze when playing video games but it was like once in a while. Now, I can't even open a game. Even more, it freezes when using Browser or in a Zoom meeting. Everything...
  6. [BSOD] - PC Crashes especially while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [BSOD] - PC Crashes especially while gaming: Hello,The issue is - My PC Crashes with BSODSetup:- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X- Nvidia GTX 970- SSD 256GB M2- 850W Power Source- 16GB RAMFull description:This is happening again after a short period of about two months. To keep in mind that I got the same problem in the past, but I...
  7. Windows crashes randomly, especially when idle

Windows crashes randomly, especially when idle: I recently have reinstalled windows, and acquired a new CPU, MOBO, and RAM. I have noticed since the reinstall, that when leaving my pc idle for a short period with no keyboard or mouse input, I come back to the lock screen, as though id signed out, and all my applications...
  8. PC Crashes and Reboots when gaming, especially in VR.

PC Crashes and Reboots when gaming, especially in VR.: My computer crashes and reboots back to startup without any error messages or BSOD. At first I thought it was a particular game as the PC crashed at the same time every time in this one game. However, it has now crashed with another, leaving me to believe it is either the OS...
  9. PC Random Crashes.

PC Random Crashes.: Hello everyone. I built a nice PC earlier this year, and in the past couple of months it tends to random-crash sometimes when first booted up. It doesn't BSOD, just hard restarts back to the sign in page. I went and found the dump file, any help in identifying this issue...
  10. Pc randomly started crashing in game out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly started crashing in game out of nowhere: my pc keeps crashing to desktop after around 5 mins of gameplay. All temps are below 65 and around 50 fps. Then all of a sudden it crashes. It freezes then comes back for a split second and then fully crashes. Specs are as follows: ryzen 3 1200, nvidia msi geforce gtx 1050...