Windows 10: PC crashes, BSOD while trying to play certain games

Discus and support PC crashes, BSOD while trying to play certain games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ever since I built my first PC, I had trouble playing certain games ig: Destiny 2, Apex Legends. I've spent hours trying to figure out what's causing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vystra, May 25, 2020.

1. vystra Win User

PC crashes, BSOD while trying to play certain games

Ever since I built my first PC, I had trouble playing certain games ig: Destiny 2, Apex Legends. I've spent hours trying to figure out what's causing my computer to BSOD when loading into those games.

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 1a1

Parameter 1: ffffcc84f40d4040

Parameter 2: 0

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_17763

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

All drivers/software are up to date and computer is working fine. The only time my PC will crash is when I start up and run those 2 games I mentioned above.

:)

vystra, May 25, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 25, 2020
  3. Plaplace Win User
    BSOD when playing certain games

I get BSOD's when playing certain games; Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Civilization VI, and Witcher 3. However, I don't get BSOD's when playing Crysis 3, or Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. The driver that's causing it is Hal.dll. My PSU is new, and I ran the windows memory test and it reported no errors. I'm at a loss. Crash file is attached.

Windows 10 - Operating System
    CPU - i5-4590
    GTX 960
    16gb Ram (Hyper Fury)

Plaplace, May 25, 2020
  4. Afif_M Win User

Windows 10 BSOD while playing certain games

Hi,

I'm having this issue whereby when I'm playing certain games, Windows will BSOD after a certain period of time. My most recent one was while playing Halo Reach. Not even like 10 minutes in, the game crashed then I couldn't exit out of the game (ALT+F4 didn't
    work and calling task manager was useless since I couldn't bring it up as main) then it just BSOD with the following (retrieved it from Windows Reliability Monitor):

Source

Windows

Summary

Shut down unexpectedly

Date

‎6/‎12/‎2019 7:03 PM

Status

Not reported

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 113

Parameter 1: 19

Parameter 2: 2

Parameter 3: 10de

Parameter 4: 1f11

OS version: 10_0_18362

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Would appreciate some assistance on understanding this issue.

Afif_M, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. PC crashes, BSOD while trying to play certain games - Similar Threads - crashes BSOD while

2. PC crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing while playing games: My PC has been crashing whenever I play games. I usually see this error when I play Lethal Company and Roblox Also when calling on the discord app. I can't seem to figure out why. It always comes with this sound https://youtu.be/ayndfhu6W407si=Yrn4PZCZ1ymFylus After looking...
  3. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.: For a couple of weeks now, I've been getting BSoDs while playing some games and I can't seem to figure it out on my own. I have tried a couple of things to try and fix the issue but with no success, the reason for crashing has changed though, so either I fixed one issue, or...
  4. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.: For a couple of weeks now, I've been getting BSoDs while playing some games and I can't seem to figure it out on my own. I have tried a couple of things to try and fix the issue but with no success, the reason for crashing has changed though, so either I fixed one issue, or...
  5. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC crashes while playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes while playing game: My whole PC freezes then restarts itself while I'm playing games and I received three different bug check codesSpecs areI9 10850kZ490-E STRIX3080 STRIX OC32GB 36000 mhz ram750SFX Platinum PSU from CorsairHere’s the link for minidump. Any help would be great....
  7. BSOD after playing certain games for a while

BSOD after playing certain games for a while: I've been having blue screens recently after playing certain games DBZ Kakarot and Prison Architect so far have given me blue screens consistently and I can't seem to fix it. I have stress tested every single component on my computer in various ways, but it only happens when...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD while playing certain games

Windows 10 BSOD while playing certain games: Hi, I'm having this issue whereby when I'm playing certain games, Windows will BSOD after a certain period of time. My most recent one was while playing Halo Reach. Not even like 10 minutes in, the game crashed then I couldn't exit out of the game (ALT+F4 didn't work and...
  9. BSOD and PC crashes while playing any games

BSOD and PC crashes while playing any games: Pc randomly either freezes, turns itself off and then on immediately on. happens even while browsing a word document. i usually have youtube playing music in the background so nothing fancy to make it crash 87781
  10. BSOD while playing certain games

BSOD while playing certain games: I built a new machine and it worked fine for two months. After sometime of playing rust my computer crashed, ever since i havent been able to play any demanding game. It will consistently crash once a game begins running and randomly while browsing. Ive taken it into a shop...