Windows 10: PC crashes completely randomly, PLEASE HELP

Discus and support PC crashes completely randomly, PLEASE HELP in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This has been happening for about 2 weeks. It usually crashes every few hours.I tried Pop!_OS Linux for 2 days and it didn't crash at all, but I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by aliwalyd3, Dec 22, 2022.

1. aliwalyd3 Win User

PC crashes completely randomly, PLEASE HELP

This has been happening for about 2 weeks. It usually crashes every few hours.I tried Pop!_OS Linux for 2 days and it didn't crash at all, but I didn't really like it and some programs weren't available there, so I formatted my SSD and switched back to windows 10, and now it crashes again. But who knows, maybe it's a hardware issue and I just got lucky in the first 2 days on linux.There are 3 types of crashes that I experience:1. BSOD: it's usually KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL2. completely random restart: my screen instantly goes black and starts booting into windows

:)

aliwalyd3, Dec 22, 2022
  2. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

3. PC Randomly Crashing

Hi, It may be several reasons behind the computer crashing randomly like a driver issue, operating system issue, excess heat up, hardware miss configuration and insufficient RAM. As you said you have stable power so track
    one of these reasons which is a perfect cause behind the random system crashes. You can check manually and will able to fix it. But before I will suggest you take backup of your system. It may be possible for data loss situation. Thanks

SandraMcgray, Dec 22, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC crashes completely randomly, PLEASE HELP :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 22, 2022
Thema:

1. PC crashes completely randomly, PLEASE HELP - Similar Threads - crashes completely randomly

2. PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out for urgent assistance with a longstanding issue that has been plaguing my PC for months. the problem is that my computer tends to crash randomly without any discernible cause or consistency. I...
  3. PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out for urgent assistance with a longstanding issue that has been plaguing my PC for months. the problem is that my computer tends to crash randomly without any discernible cause or consistency. I...
  4. PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help please with blue screen and then PC crashing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please with blue screen and then PC crashing randomly: Hello.I had trouble with my PC Windows 11 getting stuck on the start-up screen without loading the log-in screen. We then took the PC apart, checked and tested everything and it seemed to be Windows. We did a clean install of Windows 11 and updated all drivers. The start up...
  6. Help please with blue screen and then PC crashing randomly

Help please with blue screen and then PC crashing randomly: Hello.I had trouble with my PC Windows 11 getting stuck on the start-up screen without loading the log-in screen. We then took the PC apart, checked and tested everything and it seemed to be Windows. We did a clean install of Windows 11 and updated all drivers. The start up...
  7. PC crashes completely randomly, PLEASE HELP

PC crashes completely randomly, PLEASE HELP: This has been happening for about 2 weeks. It usually crashes every few hours.I tried Pop!_OS Linux for 2 days and it didn't crash at all, but I didn't really like it and some programs weren't available there, so I formatted my SSD and switched back to windows 10, and now it...
  8. PC crashes completely randomly, PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes completely randomly, PLEASE HELP: This has been happening for about 2 weeks. It usually crashes every few hours.I tried Pop!_OS Linux for 2 days and it didn't crash at all, but I didn't really like it and some programs weren't available there, so I formatted my SSD and switched back to windows 10, and now it...
  9. PC is crashing help please

PC is crashing help please: It's every day that it happens. It's the problem with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I'm so done with this. Every day when I'm playing games or doing work I always have the thought in my head that my PC's going to crash and I'm going to lose progress on the game or on the work that...
  10. PC is crashing help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC is crashing help please: It's every day that it happens. It's the problem with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I'm so done with this. Every day when I'm playing games or doing work I always have the thought in my head that my PC's going to crash and I'm going to lose progress on the game or on the work that...