Windows 10: PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies

Discus and support PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,My PC has been crashing for the last couple months when playing modern games. I'll be able to play about 20 minutes before my PC crashes in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alex Greene, Sep 14, 2021 at 11:58 PM.

1. PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies

Hello,My PC has been crashing for the last couple months when playing modern games. I'll be able to play about 20 minutes before my PC crashes in an incredibly unhelpful way.The screen will either lose signal or change to a solid color usually white with no BSOD or other info telling me what happened after booting up again. Once it crashes like this, the screen will lose signal after a couple minutes, then the graphics card itself will dim and power down its fans after this I have a side panel window. I can see everything else seems to still be operating, at least physically, so I assumed

:)

2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

3. chibee1 Win User
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thema:

PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies

1. PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies - Similar Threads - Crashes during games

2. PC keeps freezing and crashing during games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps freezing and crashing during games: Hi,I have recently had exhausting problems with my computer freezing during gameplay - even games that are not resource intensive at all.I posted my full specs at the bottom.I have already attempted the following:Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - no errors found, also ran...
  3. BSOD and system crashes/ freezes during gaming

BSOD and system crashes/ freezes during gaming: Hello, I need someone's help! I have been attempting to troubleshoot my PC for a while. It has been crashing a lot when it comes to playing video games. After checking the reliability history, the issue mostly seems to be livekernelevent code: 141. I dug deeper and decided...
  4. PC has been crashing during gaming No BSOD

PC has been crashing during gaming No BSOD: My PC has recently started crashing for no reason today while playing a game and I'm not sure why. I haven't made any huge changes to the PC and haven't downloaded any new programs, it has been working fine until today. I'm don't know what is suddenly causing these crashes,...
  5. PC crashes and reboots automatically during gaming.

PC crashes and reboots automatically during gaming.: I am having an issue where my desktop computer has begun randomly crashing and restarting. It happens when I move in and out of a graphically intensive program, like a video game ex. alt tabbing out of game and back in again. The computer is on a 1000va battery backup that is...
  6. PC daily crashing during gaming

PC daily crashing during gaming: Hello I recently upgraded my graphics card and did a fresh install of windows 10 on my PC and am constantly getting crashes where everything freezes and then goes black and I have to manually shut off and turn on my PC. Upgraded to an AMD Radeon 5600XT. Other Specs: OS...
  7. BSOD - Crash during game - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_FAILURE

BSOD - Crash during game - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_FAILURE: Blue screened during game of Football Manager 2020 on 'continuing' in game. Have had a number of crashes, not always BSOD. PC built last December ish. MSinfo32 and Minidump files uploaded here in a .zip folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
  8. BSOD during gaming

BSOD during gaming: Hi, so I have been experiencing blue screens during any form of intensive gaming e.g. Battlefield, Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I assumed it was a memory related issue, I have replaced the kit of RAM I was using to no success. I have since also replaced my motherboard as it was...
  9. Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming

Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming: Hello. and thank you in advance. I have recently been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes. Mostly when I am playing games (which game game doesn't matter). However I have also crashed while just browsing the web and even during a windows update. Also in my Windows...
  10. Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming: Hello. and thank you in advance. I have recently been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes. Mostly when I am playing games (which game game doesn't matter). However I have also crashed while just browsing the web and even during a windows update. Also in my Windows...