Windows 10: PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies

Discus and support PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,My PC has been crashing for the last couple months when playing modern games. I'll be able to play about 20 minutes before my PC crashes in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alex Greene, Sep 14, 2021.

1. PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies

Hello,My PC has been crashing for the last couple months when playing modern games. I'll be able to play about 20 minutes before my PC crashes in an incredibly unhelpful way.The screen will either lose signal or change to a solid color usually white with no BSOD or other info telling me what happened after booting up again. Once it crashes like this, the screen will lose signal after a couple minutes, then the graphics card itself will dim and power down its fans after this I have a side panel window. I can see everything else seems to still be operating, at least physically, so I assumed

:)

Alex Greene, Sep 14, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 14, 2021
  3. chibee1 Win User
    chibee1, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies

1. PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies - Similar Threads - Crashes during games

2. PC crashing during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing during games: I am not sure the issue, games are crashing in various different ways, not sure of the cause. sometimes the pc blue screens other times it just outright freezes.Sometimes the game crashes but not the pc. Really unsure what the issue could be. My drivers are up to date and so...
  3. PC crashing during games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing during games: I am not sure the issue, games are crashing in various different ways, not sure of the cause. sometimes the pc blue screens other times it just outright freezes.Sometimes the game crashes but not the pc. Really unsure what the issue could be. My drivers are up to date and so...
  4. PC crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing during gaming: Hi, I've recently faced a problem of my PC crashing while i was gaming. I've not updated anything systematically recently.On event viewer it said: The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required...
  5. PC crashing during gaming

PC crashing during gaming: Hi, I've recently faced a problem of my PC crashing while i was gaming. I've not updated anything systematically recently.On event viewer it said: The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required...
  6. Crashes and BSOD during games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes and BSOD during games: Hi all,Recently i hapen to experience various crashes and/or BSOD while playing gaming when i stat the app or randomly between 2 and 20 min in-gamesBSOD code is always DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Earlier dumps showed different errors from now. It was always an error c0000005 that...
  7. Crashes and BSOD during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes and BSOD during games: Hi all,Recently i hapen to experience various crashes and/or BSOD while playing gaming when i stat the app or randomly between 2 and 20 min in-gamesBSOD code is always DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Earlier dumps showed different errors from now. It was always an error c0000005 that...
  8. Crashes and BSOD during games

9. Pc crashing during gaming

Pc crashing during gaming: I build my Pc about a month and a half ago Ryzen 5 5500, Gtx 1660 super, asus prime b550-M-awifi, 2 8gb corsair vengeance, evga 600w 80 plus gold, wd 500gb ssd m.2. Not until a couple weeks i just kept randomly crashing in games like cod, rocket league, Fortnite etc after...
  10. Pc crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc crashing during gaming: I build my Pc about a month and a half ago Ryzen 5 5500, Gtx 1660 super, asus prime b550-M-awifi, 2 8gb corsair vengeance, evga 600w 80 plus gold, wd 500gb ssd m.2. Not until a couple weeks i just kept randomly crashing in games like cod, rocket league, Fortnite etc after...