Windows 10: Pc crashes every time I get into a game

Discus and support Pc crashes every time I get into a game in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was getting on my pc to play some games with friends when I got home around 11, when I got on everything was working just fine no issues or anything,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CraveZ50, Jun 22, 2021.

1. CraveZ50 Win User

Pc crashes every time I get into a game

I was getting on my pc to play some games with friends when I got home around 11, when I got on everything was working just fine no issues or anything, but when I got on with friends into a game it was fine for like a minute or 2 and then this screen shows up, I kept trying and I’ve had three different screens show up, this is the one that constantly shows up, but then there was one time where it was the same screen but a goldish,yellowish, orangish color of lines, and the last one was just a black screen, I have tried troubleshooting it, repairing it, restoring it and nothing seems to be work

:)

CraveZ50, Jun 22, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 22, 2021
  3. testing Win User
    Game crashing all the time / PC freezes sometimes

Since about a month I have the problem that a game (Grand Theft Auto V) is crashing all the time. Sometimes the complete PC freezes too so that it displays the old image e.g. a few minutes ago (completely unresponsive, only restarting the PC helps). The time is not predictable, when it crashes. At one time it crashes after five minutes, another time it crashes after half an hour. But one thing is sure - it will crash.

I have contacted the Rockstar Support and they say they can't help me anymore. Things I did asked by the Rockstar Support:

• reinstalled the game and Social Club multiple times
    • deleted game files in AppData/Local/Rockstar Games/GTA V and Documents\Rockstar Games\Social Club
    • deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe and restored via Steam option Verify integrity of game files
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow multiple times
    • uninstalled another app, which should be responsible for network timeouts/blocking
    • switching to story mode/second character
    • submitted the export of msinfo32 including crash reports to the support
    • changed firewall settings

Things I tried myself:

• played in Safe Mode
    • changed graphics settings
    • removed OC
    • updated to latest Nvidia driver (436.15)
    • updated Windows 10
    • checked the event log, but there is no entry
    • executed memtest86 without problems
    • made a stress test with FurMark without problems

I don't have expierenced similar problems in other games/apps.

System configuration:

• i5-6600K
    • 16 GB RAM
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Temperature is always OK.

Launcher.log from GTA V writes something like:

How can I find the cause of this error?

testing, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Pc crashes every time I get into a game

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Pc crashes every time I get into a game

1. Pc crashes every time I get into a game - Similar Threads - crashes every game

2. Every time I open a game or anything 3D, it artifacts and crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I open a game or anything 3D, it artifacts and crashes.: I was playing Roblox and all of the sudden, pink pixels appeared rapidly on screen and then the whole screen freezes for a few seconds sometimes the display might even blink and then the app crashes. I even tried using a benchmarking application to see if the problem persists...
  3. Every time I open a game or anything 3D, it artifacts and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I open a game or anything 3D, it artifacts and crashes.: I was playing Roblox and all of the sudden, pink pixels appeared rapidly on screen and then the whole screen freezes for a few seconds sometimes the display might even blink and then the app crashes. I even tried using a benchmarking application to see if the problem persists...
  4. PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME: Hello everyone, I have a PC that has been giving me problems with any game for several months. After a variable amount of time, ranging from 20 minutes to an hour of gameplay, the game freezes, and sometimes horrible glitches appear all over the screen unfortunately, I don't...
  5. PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME: Hello everyone, I have a PC that has been giving me problems with any game for several months. After a variable amount of time, ranging from 20 minutes to an hour of gameplay, the game freezes, and sometimes horrible glitches appear all over the screen unfortunately, I don't...
  6. PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PC crashes multiple times every day.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes multiple times every day.: Since my old post isn’t getting replies probably due to age I decided to make a new help page. Here’s the link to the old post:...
  8. Getting blue screen every time i play a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting blue screen every time i play a game: I have a acer predator laptop, and recently I’ve been getting these blue screen whenever I play. Sometimes I get different codes. The most consistent one is critical process died. I ran a memory test with windows tool and it said there’s not a problem. I also checked my ssd...
  9. PC crashes unexpected every time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes unexpected every time: I get two error messages, and because of the errors my PC is chrashing. The keyboard and light turns off and my monitor turns dark too. I'm 100% sure my PC crashes ecause of them, becuase they are critical Events ans no other Events happened at the moments as te crash. Here...
  10. Every time I update my PC, I get stuck in a login loop. Every. Time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I update my PC, I get stuck in a login loop. Every. Time.: Every time I update my PC to install updates, I get stuck in this weird login loop. It gets to the wake up screen, I’ll press a key to go to the login screen, I login, wait a couple seconds, then it boots me back to the wake up screen. I do use themes. I created 2 backups...