Windows 10: PC crashes few minutes after going to sleep

Discus and support PC crashes few minutes after going to sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently rebuilt my PC with new CPU/mobo/ram/storage and a fresh install of W10. Everything seems fine except after the system sleeps it also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Revilloc11, Jul 17, 2021.

1. PC crashes few minutes after going to sleep

Recently rebuilt my PC with new CPU/mobo/ram/storage and a fresh install of W10. Everything seems fine except after the system sleeps it also shutdown/crashes within a few minutes. event viewer shows:"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8027adbe8dc, 0xffffac8fe9b3a108, 0xffffac8fe9b39940. A dump&nb

:)

Revilloc11, Jul 17, 2021

2. My pc is going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Sebastian,

Your PC might be set to sleep once it is idle for 5mins. For you to adjust this setting, we suggest looking into the
    Power Options advanced settings. Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • On your Preferred plans, click Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep and System unattended sleep timeout.
    • Set how many minutes you want your system to be left idle before it goes to sleep.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 17, 2021
  3. PC goes to sleep after a few minutes

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below to change your system's sleep settings.

1. Go to Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Change your desired sleep timing in this Tab.

2. Now, click on Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings >Change Advanced Power Settings.

3. Expand Sleep and give the appropriate time.

If this doesn't help, I would suggest you run the built-in troubleshooter:

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Power. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 17, 2021
  4. PC crashes few minutes after going to sleep

Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

PC crashes few minutes after going to sleep

1. PC crashes few minutes after going to sleep - Similar Threads - crashes few minutes

2. How to make screensaver go into sleep mode after a few minutes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make screensaver go into sleep mode after a few minutes?: I have Windows 11 and I wanted to know if there was a way to set my screensaver to go on after x minutes and then x minutes after that, have my pc go to sleep? I like using the screensaver while I’m sitting at my desk on my phone and listening to music from my pc screensaver...
  3. How to make screensaver go into sleep mode after a few minutes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make screensaver go into sleep mode after a few minutes?: I have Windows 11 and I wanted to know if there was a way to set my screensaver to go on after x minutes and then x minutes after that, have my pc go to sleep? I like using the screensaver while I’m sitting at my desk on my phone and listening to music from my pc screensaver...
  4. PC freezes and then crashes a few minutes after closing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and then crashes a few minutes after closing a game.: Hi. I've been having this issue for a little while now where when I close a hardware-intensive game on my pc, specifically games such as Red Dead Redemption 2 or The Last of Us Part 1, it'll be absolutely fine for about 5-10 minutes. After 5-10 minutes my video output will...
  5. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  6. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  7. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop randomly going to sleep every few minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop randomly going to sleep every few minutes: I installed a new SSD into my Dell Insperon 13-7352, now the computer will randomly go to sleep every when it is being used. I've done some searching online and I thin the problem is similar to this one:...
  9. Bsod after few minutes of sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after few minutes of sleep: Hello people my pc goes off when i want to sleep it first the monitor turn off but other hardware working till few minutes. it worked fine till last two days this is my first topic about this problem Windows 10 is not going to sleep anymore please if anyone help read...
  10. PC Going To Sleep After 3 Minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Going To Sleep After 3 Minutes: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. After my upgrade my computer will shut off after 3 minutes of not using it. I have all power settings set to 30 minutes after no use. On battery and plugged in. Does anyone else have the same issue? If anyone has any solutions please help....