Windows 10: Pc crashes / freezes up completely

Discus and support Pc crashes / freezes up completely in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few months / weeks ago my pc startet freezing up completely, i get no error codes no nothing. It just stops and freezes. Microsoft's support service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Resonance017, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Pc crashes / freezes up completely

A few months / weeks ago my pc startet freezing up completely, i get no error codes no nothing. It just stops and freezes. Microsoft's support service is to no help what so ever, therefor im resulting to this forum. Ill post any logs needed, the problem has gotten bad lately, my pc is frezzing multiple times a day. This is a big problem for me. Thanks

:)

Resonance017, Jul 26, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 26, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 26, 2019
  4. beeze Win User

Pc crashes / freezes up completely

Constant PC crashing/freezing

Hello!

Brief description of problem: Over the past few months my PC has been randomly crashing/freezing. It doesn't seem to matter how large of a load it is trying to take on; whether i'm only writing a paper while listening to music, or i'm playing Counter Strike on one monitor and have multiple processes open on the other. The up time ranges anywhere between 1 minute to 12 hours.

PC Specs:
    CPU - AMD FX-6300
    RAM - 16gb HyperX ddr3-1886
    Video Card - Radeon R7 370
    MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P
    HHD - 1 TB
    Power Supply - 500w

Continued Description of Problem: I recently ran a memtest on my ram and found out that one of the sticks were bad(It has been replaced with the ram currently listed above) this resolved about half of the issues I was facing. Before the ram was replaced I was getting a multitude of blue screens alongside the random freezing. The next and most recent step I've taken to restore my PC was replacing the hard drive. It doesn't seem to have fixed anything; one change I noticed after installing windows onto the new hard drive is that the time/timestamp on any browser, program or desktop doesn't display correctly. It has been replaced with some odd symbols- ex; Screenshot - 16eb15deb6d9e5e2fcaae2618a12b0ce - Gyazo , Screenshot - 63eff3026946796a175cdb11e13473b4 - Gyazo . With all this in mind I am assuming that we can exclude the RAM and HHD from potential problems.

Additional Details on the Crashing/Freezing: As stated before it doesn't matter how much strain is on the PC, but crashing does seem more prevalent when playing games. When It does freeze/crash and there is audio playing the video will freeze but the audio will just mimic the last frequency it received. Sometimes it freezes and will go back to normal(This is a pretty rare occurrence).

Thank you in advance for any advice/help; If you would like any additional information on specs/freeze details.

beeze, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Pc crashes / freezes up completely

1. Pc crashes / freezes up completely - Similar Threads - crashes freezes completely

2. PC completely freezing up while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC completely freezing up while gaming: Hello,I am having a very confusing, very annoying problem that I've narrowed down to my GPU, whether it be software or hardware.First, let me explain what I've done to troubleshoot, then I will explain the issue.- I've reinstalled Windows- I've run sfc /scannow - I've run...
  3. PC completely freezing up while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC completely freezing up while gaming: Hello,I am having a very confusing, very annoying problem that I've narrowed down to my GPU, whether it be software or hardware.First, let me explain what I've done to troubleshoot, then I will explain the issue.- I've reinstalled Windows- I've run sfc /scannow - I've run...
  4. PC completely freezing up while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My PC Completely Freezes

My PC Completely Freezes: Hello, i have a big big problem with my PC, my PC freezes sometimes and it doesn't even work. The PC is working but cursor isn't moving, CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work. Nothing works on it! I don't know what to do so please if you can help me. I'll appreaciate it. Thank you!!...
  6. Screen freeze into complete crash

Screen freeze into complete crash: Hi, I'm not very well-versed with identifying system issues on Windows. I have recently started having days when my system will freeze completely mouse, display, input, etc. though I can often still hear audio playing in the background. Sometimes the freeze will cause a...
  7. PC Crashes into black screen and restarts or complete freeze then restart.

PC Crashes into black screen and restarts or complete freeze then restart.: My PC has an issue of constantly restarting or complete freezing while playing games or after playing games that are demanding in performance. I changed almost everything in the PC. I changed the GPU, CASE for better airflow, PowerSupply because I thought the powersupply...
  8. Computer complete freeze up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer complete freeze up: For the past 2 weeks or so I’ve had this problem happen about once or twice a week (happened around 3-4 times so far) where my whole computer goes unresponsive. I am not sure if this is caused by the latest windows update(KB4571756 I believe) or if its my computer, I am...
  9. Computer freezes up but doesn't completely freeze up

Computer freezes up but doesn't completely freeze up: Hello, I have a problem with my computer where the computer sometimes seems to "freeze up". By freezing up, I mean that the computer starts to freeze and then for a second or two I can move my mouse again and the computer is responsive. It repeats this process maybe three or...
  10. PC completely freezing up at 20:07 everyday.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC completely freezing up at 20:07 everyday.: Everyday, like clockwork, my PC completely freezes up at 20:07. Multiple instances of Windows Error Reporting occur in my task manager, the CPU maxes out, everything slows down until the mouse stops moving and everything stops working. There is no BSoD or error message, the...