Windows 10: PC Crashes into black screen and restarts or complete freeze then restart.

Discus and support PC Crashes into black screen and restarts or complete freeze then restart. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC has an issue of constantly restarting or complete freezing while playing games or after playing games that are demanding in performance. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AbdulelahGhandurah, Dec 21, 2020.

1. PC Crashes into black screen and restarts or complete freeze then restart.

My PC has an issue of constantly restarting or complete freezing while playing games or after playing games that are demanding in performance.

I changed almost everything in the PC.

I changed the GPU, CASE for better airflow, PowerSupply because I thought the powersupply was overheating. And the new ram is on the way from Amazon.

I already reset my mobo to factory settings, removed battery and pressed power button and all. Issue still persists.

I already downloaded the latest drivers for my brand new RX580.

I already wiped my hard drive and installed windows 10 from scratch using my USB and activated the product key.

I already re-applied thermal paste to the CPU.

I already cleaned the RAM sticks.

I am all out of solutions in google and youtube. PLEASE HELP I am literally dying over here.

The issue had occurred on my old GPU as well which is why I bought the new one.

Current specs:

GPU: Sapphire RX580

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Motherboard: Asrock B350M Pro4

PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold Fully Modular

RAM: Viper 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400 Not sure But it is viper red 8GB.

It has been like this for a year now. I am so frustrated trying to fix this issue. I don't know if it is the powersupply, at first I thought it was the GPU, then PSU, I don't know now what it is....

Please note that I did the Memtest86 and there were no issues or errors.

What do you think it is?

:)

AbdulelahGhandurah, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Zaspera Win User

black screen upon restart

i just installed drivers for a geforce 210..restarted for it to take effect and all i get on restart is a black screen after windows loads etc but the monitor is on..any idea what to do?

Zaspera, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Chugsum Win User
    Restart screen then black screen

No, it doesn't restart. It just freezes on the restart screen and then goes black if I click the screen.

Yes, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the MCT, doesn't change anything.

Can't enter Clean Boot, because it freezes on the Restart screen.

Can enter Safe Mode after power button shut down (since it FREEZES ON THE RESTART SCREEN).

Already listed info about DISM and SFC.

Video drivers are up to date. Onboard graphics.

Checked Registry and set properly.

I'll try a new account and see if that works. Will replay back either way.

Chugsum, Dec 21, 2020
  4. PC Crashes into black screen and restarts or complete freeze then restart.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Black screen after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

Unplug your external devices

When you are at the black screen, try unplugging any peripherals you have plugged in at the time, and wait for a moment. If your screen becomes visible again, plug the peripherals back in one at a time.

Use Safe Mode

If unplugging peripherals not resolve the issue, for each of the troubleshooting steps below, you will need to use Safe Mode to troubleshoot this issue. To enter Safe Mode:

1. Reboot the PC, and when you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you click the Power button and select Restart.
    2. When the system reboots, you will enter the Windows Recovery Environment.Select Troubleshoot, and then Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and Restart. When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.
    Reinstall your graphics card driver:

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapter.
    3. Right-click your display adapter and select Uninstall. Then reboot your PC.
    Check the registry

You may also see a black screen after signing in if the user interface has been replaced with software that is incompatible with Windows 10. You can check this in the registry. Warning: This solution will modify the registry. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Prior to attempting these steps, you should backup the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Run.
    2. Type regedit.exe into the Open text box and click OK.
    3. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    4. Click to select the WinLogon key, and then, in the right pane, click Shell. The value of Shell in the Data column should be explorer.exe. If the value of Shell isn't explorer.exe, double-click Shell, and then, in the Value data text field, enter explorer.exe, and then click OK.
    5. Close the Registry Editor and then restart your PC.

Check for a corrupted user account

There could be a problem with the user account. To test this, create a new administrator user account and check if the new account also boots to a black screen:

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of your choice):

net user test <password> /add
      net localgroup Administrators test /add

Provided by: Sharath Srinivasa, Microsoft Forum Moderator.

See if any of this works for you,
    John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

PC Crashes into black screen and restarts or complete freeze then restart.

1. PC Crashes into black screen and restarts or complete freeze then restart. - Similar Threads - Crashes black screen

2. Pc keeps restarting by itself or freezes completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps restarting by itself or freezes completely: Hello my pc keeps restarting by itself or sometimes it just freezes I dont know what’s going on I’ll be in game and it’ll just restart and I’ll have to boot up whatever I was on or sometime my whole game or video would just freeze I would have to restart my pc to get it going...
  3. Pc keeps restarting by itself or freezes completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps restarting by itself or freezes completely: Hello my pc keeps restarting by itself or sometimes it just freezes I dont know what’s going on I’ll be in game and it’ll just restart and I’ll have to boot up whatever I was on or sometime my whole game or video would just freeze I would have to restart my pc to get it going...
  4. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.: I reinstalled windows yesterday and started to notice this kind of issue.When I'm gaming, my pc would freeze for a second or two, then goes in to black screen when all the LEDs in the cases were still on, and then restart. This happened multiple times within a day. I zipped...
  5. PC cuts to a black screen after freezing and restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC cuts to a black screen after freezing and restarts: So I recently added new parts to my pc as an upgrade, everything was working fine until out of nowhere my pc began to cut to a black screen and restart out of nowhere, not even when its underload. This is the event ID:Kernel-Power 41The system has rebooted without cleanly...
  6. PC cuts to a black screen after freezing and restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC cuts to a black screen after freezing and restarts: So I recently added new parts to my pc as an upgrade, everything was working fine until out of nowhere my pc began to cut to a black screen and restart out of nowhere, not even when its underload. This is the event ID:Kernel-Power 41The system has rebooted without cleanly...
  7. Games crashing pc. black screen to restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games crashing pc. black screen to restart.: Hi, all new 5900x and 6900xt red devil 16gb ram, 850 watt PSU, MSi MAG b550. As for problem its mostly happening when i play forza horizon 5. Itll be random and not everytime i play it. Happened only once when league of legends was booting up a match from launcher as soon as...
  8. Crashing, Blue Screens, Black Screens, Random Restarts, Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing, Blue Screens, Black Screens, Random Restarts, Freezing: I have done a few clean installs since it began. Blue screens are mostly Critical Process Died and System Thread Exception Not Handled. In safe mode I have done sfc scan, chkdsk, DISM, I have also done a few memory tests, and intel processor diagnostic tool. I downloaded...
  9. Black screen/Freeze restart or crash

Black screen/Freeze restart or crash: Up until a few months ago my pc was running fine, no problems. Recently however when im playing games the computer either freezes with black screen and i have to manually switch off and restart or it just restarts suddenly. Ive updated my drivers and checked online for...
  10. PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen

PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen: Every time the PC crashes it will boot up and stay stuck on a black screen. Once it is shut down manually then booted up again it is fine. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:...