Windows 10: PC crashes irregularly with and without BSODs. Please help.

Discus and support PC crashes irregularly with and without BSODs. Please help. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I got a major problem with my PC and hope that you can help me with it. The problem: At some time in the past my PC started crashing with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MaiglM, Jan 6, 2022.

1. MaiglM Win User

PC crashes irregularly with and without BSODs. Please help.

Hi everyone, I got a major problem with my PC and hope that you can help me with it. The problem: At some time in the past my PC started crashing with BSODs. At first it was only like once a month or so, but recently past 3-4 months the problem became more and more present and it happened more often. Up to a point where I now have a crash, the PC reboots, I use it for about 2-10 minutes, it crashes again and again and again. The thing is it doesn't happen reliable but more like whenever the PC decides to. So i can't reproduce the crash on purpose. Next thing is that at first I always got t

:)

MaiglM, Jan 6, 2022
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Various BSOD Errors Help

Hey all,

I've received multiple BSOD errors the past 2 days after rebuilding my PC. I've been trying to figure out the issue.

These are the few BSOD messages I remember seeing:

• DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (multiple times)
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (one time)
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (one time)
    • WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (multiple times)
    Here's a link to the dmp files and system information: WindowsIssue

Steps I've taken:

• fully updated drivers
    • applied all Windows updates
    • Removed unnecessary hardware
    • Monitored CPU/GPU temps (log file on temps during last crash in share)
    Any help would be appreciated.

brando8924, Jan 6, 2022
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

1. PC crashes irregularly with and without BSODs. Please help. - Similar Threads - crashes irregularly without

2. PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out for urgent assistance with a longstanding issue that has been plaguing my PC for months. the problem is that my computer tends to crash randomly without any discernible cause or consistency. I...
  3. PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out for urgent assistance with a longstanding issue that has been plaguing my PC for months. the problem is that my computer tends to crash randomly without any discernible cause or consistency. I...
  4. PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD crashes, please help :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD crashes, please help :: hello! I haven't had any bugcheck issues on this computer before, however, today I had 5 0x3b bsod errors in the past 4 hours. I don't remember installing any new software today. I used the GeForce experience update feature to reinstall my drivers, however I still got the...
  6. Please help troubleshoot my Windows 11 PC - frequent, irregular crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help troubleshoot my Windows 11 PC - frequent, irregular crashes: Hi all,I've had a recurring issue with my Windows 11 PC when running certain apps. All of a sudden, the screens will go black, and after anywhere from 1-3 minutes, the PC will restart. It is very irregular, but some programs cause it more frequently than others. Frequent...
  7. Please help troubleshoot my Windows 11 PC - frequent, irregular crashes

Please help troubleshoot my Windows 11 PC - frequent, irregular crashes: Hi all,I've had a recurring issue with my Windows 11 PC when running certain apps. All of a sudden, the screens will go black, and after anywhere from 1-3 minutes, the PC will restart. It is very irregular, but some programs cause it more frequently than others. Frequent...
  8. PC crashes irregularly with and without BSODs. Please help.

PC crashes irregularly with and without BSODs. Please help.: Hi everyone, I got a major problem with my PC and hope that you can help me with it. The problem: At some time in the past my PC started crashing with BSODs. At first it was only like once a month or so, but recently past 3-4 months the problem became more and more present...
  9. White screen crash without BSOD. Please help

White screen crash without BSOD. Please help: So my Computer Keeps on crashing when I play games on it with a white screen sometimes it's blue, brown, and green without a BSOD. I'm guessing it can crash on things that require some amount of resources like TF2, Robloxyes I play roblox, CSGO and sometimes when it boots up....
  10. Irregular BSOD's without proper cause

Irregular BSOD's without proper cause: Hi everyone so im getting some irregular BSOD's and i cant figure out whats causing them as everytime i analyze the minidump its tells me a different component/driver is at fault one time its the graphics driver other time its the CPU and then its the memory they happen...