Windows 10: PC Crashes, no BSOD, usbhub3.sys

Discus and support PC Crashes, no BSOD, usbhub3.sys in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! My PC is crashing like 1-3 times a day. Its really weird because now I have this USBHUB3, WATCHDOG and USBXHCI folder, the date on the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NicolasMuñoz6, Jan 7, 2021.

1. PC Crashes, no BSOD, usbhub3.sys

Hi!

My PC is crashing like 1-3 times a day.

Its really weird because now I have this USBHUB3, WATCHDOG and USBXHCI folder, the date on the folder fits with the hour when the PC crashed but no dmp.

Heres the pictures of the folders dates date and time when the crash happen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PSI-9j8fTm-X6Z3PywusNC2YSVthFYNs/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16lwKu9E9ecng3uRC0dOzrDTS7F7_20Xu/view?usp=sharing USBHUB3 FOLDER

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oCwCSoq3P2rxa6cioIFSzxq1MWicpwO8/view?usp=sharing USBHUB3, dmp with past date

What could it be?

Please help, thanks in advance.

:)

NicolasMuñoz6, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Rick_mack Win User

USBHUB3.sys loses devices after sleep

Hi Liz,

I agree rollback was starting to look like the fastest option, but I was reading some other threads on USBHUB3.SYS BSODs (haven't had one) on resume.

One of the resolutions was to disable power management of USB hubs under device manager, that is, untick the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", eg

PC Crashes, no BSOD, usbhub3.sys eaa67a93-829b-4c48-b9d5-88ab683c3344.png

I done this and so far there has been no loss of USB hubs on resume.

The other option was USB debugging to try and find out why the USB hubs wouldn't reset on resume, but with the problem resolved for now, that's going to have to wait.

regards,

Rick

Rick_mack, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jan 7, 2021
  4. PC Crashes, no BSOD, usbhub3.sys

PC crashing with constant BSOD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I apologize for the delayed response.

I have analyzed the dump files and found that the files lgbusenum.sys
    and dxgmms2.sys are the reason for causing BSOD on the PC.

Regarding the BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys file, I would suggest you to try updating the display drivers, as the file is related to DirectX. Refer the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

You can also download the drivers from the manufacturer website or from the respective graphic card manufacturer website.

Regarding the BSOD caused by lgbusenum.sys, I would suggest you reinstall any program or drivers related to Logitech devices. As the file is related to Logitech Game panel.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

PC Crashes, no BSOD, usbhub3.sys

1. PC Crashes, no BSOD, usbhub3.sys - Similar Threads - Crashes BSOD usbhub3

2. UsbHub3.sys driver crash with USBIP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UsbHub3.sys driver crash with USBIP: I've been working on a USBIP driver for Windows 10 22H2. It's been performing well so far, however I get a BSOD occasionally after enumerating a new device.The BSOD occurs when UsbHub3.sys attempts to get all the device descriptors from the USB device. The USBIP driver...
  3. UsbHub3.sys driver crash with USBIP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UsbHub3.sys driver crash with USBIP: I've been working on a USBIP driver for Windows 10 22H2. It's been performing well so far, however I get a BSOD occasionally after enumerating a new device.The BSOD occurs when UsbHub3.sys attempts to get all the device descriptors from the USB device. The USBIP driver...
  4. UsbHub3.sys driver crash with USBIP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD Crashes Relating to dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Crashes Relating to dxgmms2.sys: Hi,I've been experiencing intermittent BSOD crashes in Windows 10. The most recent one had a message relating to dxgmms2.sys, and previous crashes seem to implicate a driver/drivers being the cause of these crashes. I have run memory tests and found nothing wrong with the...
  6. Blue Screen UsbHub3.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f on brand new laptop

Blue Screen UsbHub3.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f on brand new laptop: Hi, A few days ago i bought brand new Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 NH. I installed the latest Windows 10 Pro, then all the drivers from Acer website, the newest bios and latest Nvidia drivers from nvidia website. I also installed the latest 3D Mark, relal temp, and occt to check...
  7. UsbHub3 crashes computer when entering sleep mode

UsbHub3 crashes computer when entering sleep mode: Hi, my computer recently started to crash when it enters sleep mode. When I leave it alone and come back to it, it's restarted. I'm using a Focusrite audio interface and I had issues with newer driver versions before so I used an old one until it started to crash as well....
  8. various ntoskrnl.exe blue screens with other drivers like usbhub3.sys mmcss.sys dxgkrnl.sys...

various ntoskrnl.exe blue screens with other drivers like usbhub3.sys mmcss.sys dxgkrnl.sys...: I've been going crazy trying to diagnose various blue screens and game crashes. I really only crash while I'm playing video games. I've ran sfc/scannow and chkdsk a million times, memtest, windows memory diagnostic, clean reinstall video card drivers.. pretty much...
  9. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  10. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...