Windows 10: PC crashes regularly, can't find solution

Discus and support PC crashes regularly, can't find solution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The PC of my mother in law crashes regularly. It's ongoing for a few months now. The crazy thing about it is, that it's only at her place. I took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jimmy Belcanto, Mar 16, 2020.

1. PC crashes regularly, can't find solution

The PC of my mother in law crashes regularly. It's ongoing for a few months now.

The crazy thing about it is, that it's only at her place.

I took the pc to my place and tested it 3 times for multiple days.

It crashed one time on "POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA de" but that's it.

Every time I bring the PC back to her, a few days later, or sometimes sooner, I get a call from her: yes, again...

Yesterday, after having the PC at my place for about 8 days without any error, I returned her PC. Today she told me she started up the PC and she got a BSOD immediately.

Later on today she called me again. Another BSOD. That’s twice in a day.

Things I already tried:
    Full stress test and checking temperatures
    Memory stress test
    CPU stress test

Updated all drivers

BIOS update
    Clean install Windows 10
    Checked both disks for errors SSD & HDD

To be sure it’s not a simple thing like a webcam or so, I took the complete PC to my place.

Desktop, keyboard, mouse, webcam. With no error.

At her place, she has a standard inkjet printer, small speakers, monitor.

Yesterday I didn't plug in the printer, to exclude it from the list.

Today, I replaced the monitor with an older and smaller one. But it would be weird that a monitor would crash a PC like that, not?

The only thing that’s not been replaced is her LAN cable, but that’s nothing more than signal, not power.

I have the 2 recent minidump files, but it’s a bit Chinese to me.

Anyone who can help me? I’m going nuts here…

:)

Jimmy Belcanto, Mar 16, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 16, 2020
  3. BSOD on startup, occurs regularly

zbook,

I have confirmed that my System Specs are all listed correctly.

There was no printer attached to the PC on that date. Although there was a scanner plugged in at one point there hasn't been for over a week and there has been multiple crashes without it attached.

What is the next step in troubleshooting? I feel like we are going in circles here and I'm not any closer to solving my issue.

plus1group, Mar 16, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

PC crashes regularly, can't find solution

PC reboots regularly with no warning - no BSOD

Still the question remains why driver verifier was used, a dump or a few dumps contain in most cases enough for a different step than driver verifier.

If you indeed had multiple BSOD crashes, I would want you to upload a zip from the DM Log Collector so the dumps can be analyzed, a single dump is than inappropriate to suggest something properly.

Thema:

PC crashes regularly, can't find solution

1. PC crashes regularly, can't find solution - Similar Threads - crashes regularly can't

2. Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Budget gaming PC, crashing regularly: Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so firstly I'd like to thank you in advance and please excuse my ineptitude! I've trawled through hundreds of forums and web pages and typically most of what I have come across is not exactly what my issues are here and now....so I'm reaching...
  3. My PC is completely FRICKED and I can't find any solutions online

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC is completely FRICKED and I can't find any solutions online: So basically probably after an update my internet connected with a USB adapter stopped working then I found that my mouse and keyboard stopped working too if I unplug the usbs when its turned on also I don't know why but my PC can't even shut down properly because it get...
  4. My PC is completely fucked and I can't find ANY SOLUTION on the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC is completely fucked and I can't find ANY SOLUTION on the internet: So basically probably after an update my internet connected with a WiFi USB adapter stopped working then I found that my mouse and keyboard stopped working too if I unplug the usbs when its turned on also I don't know why but my PC can't even shut down properly because it get...
  5. Games crashing regularly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games crashing regularly: Hi everyone. I recently built a new PC using some parts from an old PC and some new parts. Since I built this PC I've ran into numerous issues with games like Borderlands 3 and The Outer Worlds which both crash randomly, sometimes to desktop and sometimes the whole screen...
  6. Regular, random crash

Regular, random crash: Hi Winver 1809 (OS build 17763.805) My desktop system is experiencing crashes pretty much daily, and has been for many weeks. This is not associated with any particular user action, as far as I can tell. The errors seem to relate mainly to memory or drivers; I have swapped...
  7. Can't find a solution to "freezing without BSOD".

Can't find a solution to "freezing without BSOD".: Since the day I got my own build PC, I experience lots of "freeze" without any blue screen. Early times, I was having "freeze" with glitching sound. But later on, glitching went into silence. Now I'm just having "freeze" without sound and blue screen. I thought, It might be...
  8. Pc Crashing regularly

Pc Crashing regularly: Hi, I regularly get a system management error bsod when running both overwatch and chrome at the same time. Now i tried duplicating it but its completely inconsistent and wont happen every time. I've tried updating my graphics driver and a various amount of other drivers in...
  9. Graphical Errors Can't Find a Solution

Graphical Errors Can't Find a Solution: I've been having this error for more than a year now, it didn't phase me much at first as i thought it was just a minor bug, but it is getting worse. Some colors change with a static-like look, and i have no idea what i can do to resolve this. [IMG]...
  10. Random freeze up, can't find the cause and a solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze up, can't find the cause and a solution: Hello, I'm having some problems with my computer. Sometimes it freeze up and I can only hard reboot it, mouse and keyboard doesn't works(audio sometimes works and sometimes it stops). I had this problem with windows 7 too. This problem is very random and I had it for a long...