Windows 10: PC crashes regularly, can't find solution

Discus and support PC crashes regularly, can't find solution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The PC of my mother in law crashes regularly. It's ongoing for a few months now. The crazy thing about it is, that it's only at her place. I took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jimmy Belcanto, Mar 16, 2020.

1. PC crashes regularly, can't find solution

The PC of my mother in law crashes regularly. It's ongoing for a few months now.

The crazy thing about it is, that it's only at her place.

I took the pc to my place and tested it 3 times for multiple days.

It crashed one time on "POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA de" but that's it.

Every time I bring the PC back to her, a few days later, or sometimes sooner, I get a call from her: yes, again...

Yesterday, after having the PC at my place for about 8 days without any error, I returned her PC. Today she told me she started up the PC and she got a BSOD immediately.

Later on today she called me again. Another BSOD. That’s twice in a day.

Things I already tried:
    Full stress test and checking temperatures
    Memory stress test
    CPU stress test

Updated all drivers

BIOS update
    Clean install Windows 10
    Checked both disks for errors SSD & HDD

To be sure it’s not a simple thing like a webcam or so, I took the complete PC to my place.

Desktop, keyboard, mouse, webcam. With no error.

At her place, she has a standard inkjet printer, small speakers, monitor.

Yesterday I didn't plug in the printer, to exclude it from the list.

Today, I replaced the monitor with an older and smaller one. But it would be weird that a monitor would crash a PC like that, not?

The only thing that’s not been replaced is her LAN cable, but that’s nothing more than signal, not power.

I have the 2 recent minidump files, but it’s a bit Chinese to me.

Anyone who can help me? I’m going nuts here…

:)

Jimmy Belcanto, Mar 16, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 16, 2020
  3. BSOD on startup, occurs regularly

zbook,

I have confirmed that my System Specs are all listed correctly.

There was no printer attached to the PC on that date. Although there was a scanner plugged in at one point there hasn't been for over a week and there has been multiple crashes without it attached.

What is the next step in troubleshooting? I feel like we are going in circles here and I'm not any closer to solving my issue.

plus1group, Mar 16, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

PC crashes regularly, can't find solution

PC reboots regularly with no warning - no BSOD

Still the question remains why driver verifier was used, a dump or a few dumps contain in most cases enough for a different step than driver verifier.

If you indeed had multiple BSOD crashes, I would want you to upload a zip from the DM Log Collector so the dumps can be analyzed, a single dump is than inappropriate to suggest something properly.

Thema:

PC crashes regularly, can't find solution

1. PC crashes regularly, can't find solution - Similar Threads - crashes regularly can't

2. Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000: My PC can't upgrade to windows 10, what might be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-a-solution-to-the-0x80072f8f-0x20000/dbae7047-79aa-4abc-a57d-d29e48c1d44d
  3. Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000: My PC can't upgrade to windows 10, what might be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-a-solution-to-the-0x80072f8f-0x20000/dbae7047-79aa-4abc-a57d-d29e48c1d44d
  4. PC crashes regularly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes regularly: Hi- hopefully 1 of you experts can help me analyse a couple of mini dump files.Have a Windows 10 PC with a client that I and remote accessing, about 6 months old, in the last several months it has been spontaneously restarting several times a day, no pattern.Did all the usual...
  5. PC crashes regularly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes regularly: Hi- hopefully 1 of you experts can help me analyse a couple of mini dump files.Have a Windows 10 PC with a client that I and remote accessing, about 6 months old, in the last several months it has been spontaneously restarting several times a day, no pattern.Did all the usual...
  6. PC crashes regularly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Finding the hardware responsible for regular crashes or freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Finding the hardware responsible for regular crashes or freezes: Hey,I'm trying to get to the bottom of very regular crashes 1/day at least under no intense load basically reading stuff, occasionally watching videos. I just reinstalled windows 10 and it crashed fairly quickly with only two apps reinstalled chrome and crashplan. The only...
  8. Semi-Regular PC Crashes

Semi-Regular PC Crashes: Good afternoon, I have been having a fair amount of BSOD's over the past 6 months or so. I have reduced the amount of them but am still having some issues from time to time1-2 a week. From what I can tell, all my drivers are up to date. I have not updated BIOS though....
  9. Pc Crashing regularly

Pc Crashing regularly: Hi, I regularly get a system management error bsod when running both overwatch and chrome at the same time. Now i tried duplicating it but its completely inconsistent and wont happen every time. I've tried updating my graphics driver and a various amount of other drivers in...
  10. Graphical Errors Can't Find a Solution

Graphical Errors Can't Find a Solution: I've been having this error for more than a year now, it didn't phase me much at first as i thought it was just a minor bug, but it is getting worse. Some colors change with a static-like look, and i have no idea what i can do to resolve this. [IMG]...